Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member needs buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 10:06 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Hey Minesh. That's great news! Welcome to the fold. Very nice car!

You asked for opinions on the tire insurance, my personal call was to pass on it. This is my third Porsche and the only claim I would have ever had was one flat repair on the first car, so multiply the cost you mention by three for all of those cars and see how much I saved vs just paying for that one flat repair. My general thought on such insurances is I might rarely come out on the losing end by not buying it, but since I didn't buy it for the other 9 out of 10 things that never had a problem I come out way ahead overall. Remember that insurance companies only sell insurance to make money, and your dealer gets a big cut of that profit so it has to be way overpriced. The other reminder is that you started by saying you really needed to keep prices down, so why volunteer to pay another $3k you don't need to?

As others say it might make sense in some parts of the country but I'd think Atlanta area roads would be in reasonably good condition. As for wheel damage, your regular insurance would cover that as long as your keep your deductible reasonably low. It only cost me a small fraction of the cost you mention to lower my deductible down to $250 from the $1k I used to have and that can pay off for so many other things.

Last edited by StormRune; 08-21-2016 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Corrected OP's name!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:32 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I know the Original Poster bought a car, but this is a pretty well optioned car with same color and similar options (7-sp manual). I'm looking for a PDK or i'd be very seriously considering this. This dealership is trustworthy. If anyone wants me to take a look at it for them, LMK.

http://www.deanteamvwkirkwood.com/us...e94942c5c5.htm
Old 08-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Minesh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just wanted to thank everyone again for all the input and efforts to assist. Picked up the new member of our family today!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Minesh
Advanced

Default I know I am late...

Just wanted to show you guys the new addition. Here are a couple pics taken with my phone of 911S that everyone on this thread helped me pick. I appreciate all the advice from everyone here and I can't thank you enough for the opinions. This Weekend I plan to Plasti Dip the rear model info to black it out. I will post pics of the results later.
Cheers!!!
Attached Images       
Old 10-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Pristine! Congrats! White is definitely a beautiful choice.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:36 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

That's a beauty! I was torn between white and agate (yeah, I know they are nearly opposites) and think that white looks unusually good on 991 models for some reason (more so than early models). Those wheels are fantastic too... they seem to really show off the 20" size. I see you have park assist too... I've really come to love that.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:11 AM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Congrats!

Quick Reply: New member needs buying advice