Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone notice a creaky sound on front part of 14 way seats on 991.2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 11:38 PM
eschw999
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone notice a creaky sound on front part of 14 way seats on 991.2?

Hey folks,
for those of you with a 991.2, and who also have 14 way seats, do you notice a creaky noise underneath the front thigh portion of the seat? I have MT, and have noticed that when I depress clutch, my leg goes slightly inwards into front portion of the seat, and a squeak/creak sound emerges. I checked around, and under the seat, and noticed that underneath the front portion, there appears to be a plastic - or other type of material - bar, which has some play and makes the noise that seems to be occurring. I am wondering if maybe this particular area of the seat needs some lubel, or is loose. And, the passenger car seat has same amount of play in the structure underneath seat, by thigh cushion.
thanks for your thoughts!!
otherwise, an awesome car!! (4S)
Old 08-11-2016, 12:27 AM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

I am getting a creaking noise from my seat back. It seems to be coming from the lever on the side of the back.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:49 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Had a creaking noise on my Boxster 14 ways; on the back. Took them a couple of times, but they got it quieted down.

Now, however, the cooling air isn't very strong. I'm hoping it's just something that got mis-aligned when they had the seat apart and it'll be an easy fix with no return of the creak.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:11 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 234 Posts

Same issue here on my 991.1 14-ways...but mine squeak the entire time I drive! So annoying...
Old 06-01-2020, 11:03 AM
Kinson Lau
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eschw999
Hey folks,
for those of you with a 991.2, and who also have 14 way seats, do you notice a creaky noise underneath the front thigh portion of the seat? I have MT, and have noticed that when I depress clutch, my leg goes slightly inwards into front portion of the seat, and a squeak/creak sound emerges. I checked around, and under the seat, and noticed that underneath the front portion, there appears to be a plastic - or other type of material - bar, which has some play and makes the noise that seems to be occurring. I am wondering if maybe this particular area of the seat needs some lubel, or is loose. And, the passenger car seat has same amount of play in the structure underneath seat, by thigh cushion.
thanks for your thoughts!!
otherwise, an awesome car!! (4S)
Hi Man - Have you resolved the creaky noise underneath the front thigh portion of the driver seat? It really caused by the plastic underneath the front portion of the driver seat? Would you mind to share with me how to fix it, as I'm having a similar issue and my one is also 991.2 C4S with 14 way seats? Many thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone notice a creaky sound on front part of 14 way seats on 991.2?