Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OT---Lease 2016 Range Rover HSE

A bit of a rant and question to this well informed group---

Yes---I am leasing a 2016 Range Rover--I enjoy problem vehicles--lol

Macan was a bit too small and Cayenne doesn't push my buttons--that being said--

I live in SoCal and our dealers here are dong very well---no deals to be had---looking for a dealer that can sell into SoCal and provide a fair deal---

Best Deal I can get here---2016 Range Rover HE 5.0 with $114K MSRP
24 months @ $1,297 month with $6900 down and 7500 miles a year.

Please PM as I do not want to get a dealer in trouble by public posting that they are willing to break the market policy of not selling out of market-

Cheers
Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 100 Posts

If I am not mistaken, Land Rover Dealers are unable to sell outside their given geographic locations. MY dealer in San Diego abides by it but one never knows. Give them a call and ask for Will (William) Foster tell him I referred you.

FWIW, I love my RRS. Even more so now that I am temporarily driving a 2016 BMW X5. RRS is a far better SUV.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:31 PM
jumpshowhigh
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mechanic has put two kids through college and law school repairing Rangies.....You clearly enjoy pain.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:34 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If I am not mistaken, Land Rover Dealers are unable to sell outside their given geographic locations. MY dealer in San Diego abides by it but one never knows. Give them a call and ask for Will (William) Foster tell him I referred you.

FWIW, I love my RRS. Even more so now that I am temporarily driving a 2016 BMW X5. RRS is a far better SUV.
Nice to hear - we have a RRS on order and were cross shopping the TTV8 X5. We think the Rover was the right decision based on how well it drove, but I'm glad to hear it from another!

OP, honestly that sounds like a reasonable deal. I just expect any British vehicle to depreciate like a stone - almost as bad as an AMG Mercedes - so the lease is going to be expensive. Good luck; I hope you get what you're looking for!

After seeing the lease estimates for our ~87k RRS we ended up settling on just buying it. I'd like to keep it long-ish term, but if reliability turns out to be a big issue after the warranty is over, we'll just sell it on and lose what we lose.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Since the Indian company Tata took over Land Rover the quality has improved significantly. My RRS has been problem free for the time I have owned it (18months). Also, the RRS has the best resale value of any SUV.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:41 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can't help you with lease rates, but on the reliability front, i have had just as many issues with my two RR's as with any Porsche i owned, so you'll be fine.

My wife DD's a full size RR and its the most comfortable, relaxing and cosseting car we've owned, the seating position, massage seats, the soft ride, the power delivery v8 s/charged, all work together to make it the best SUV for the job currently available.

On the downside the entertainment / NAV interface is outdated compared to whats available, and at least here depreciation is horrendus.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:55 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Also, the RRS has the best resale value of any SUV.
As a percentage of MSRP, I think the Jeep Wrangler has that title.

According to KBB, the Evoque and LR4 make the top 3 in their categories (small and mid-sized luxury SUVs), but no RR places on the top 10 of all cars. (http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...e-top-10-cars/)
Old 06-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skiahh
As a percentage of MSRP, I think the Jeep Wrangler has that title.

According to KBB, the Evoque and LR4 make the top 3 in their categories (small and mid-sized luxury SUVs), but no RR places on the top 10 of all cars. (http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...e-top-10-cars/)
In southern CA the RRS is in demand and resale value is considered the best. I wouldn't place too much reliability on what the resale sites show. Edmunds one of the largest rates the Camero LT with the highest resale value. The 911 isn't near the top of the list

Quick Reply: OT---Lease 2016 Range Rover HSE