Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 09:47 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

My wonderful wife of 33 years is the reason I ended up with my Porsche. I had always driven a sports car until about 6 years ago when my oldest started college. When he graduated and we were down to one in school, I started looking for another. I wanted a 991S but had decided to settle for a C7 Corvette figuring it was comparable in performance but significantly less expensive. I had even found one I liked and was preparing to buy it the next day. She stopped that abruptly and said 'if you want a Porsche get a Porsche--don't settle for something less'. That was all the encouragement I needed! 6 weeks later the blue 991S was in the garage...
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Did I ever tell you guys the story about the time I walked in on Melissa and Maria Sharapova at my suite during French Lick Parade 2015?

Let's just say, they were also "LexVan curious".
Sexy Lexy!
T
Old 06-25-2016, 10:50 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by slingshot60
My wonderful wife of 33 years is the reason I ended up with my Porsche. I had always driven a sports car until about 6 years ago when my oldest started college. When he graduated and we were down to one in school, I started looking for another. I wanted a 991S but had decided to settle for a C7 Corvette figuring it was comparable in performance but significantly less expensive. I had even found one I liked and was preparing to buy it the next day. She stopped that abruptly and said 'if you want a Porsche get a Porsche--don't settle for something less'. That was all the encouragement I needed! 6 weeks later the blue 991S was in the garage...
Awesome story and I know all about that kids in college things. I have two in college and 5 year in old in private school . . .
Old 06-26-2016, 01:44 AM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Awesome story and I know all about that kids in college things. I have two in college and 5 year in old in private school . . .
My oldest son graduated from Abilene Christian University and is prepping for the LSAT, my middle son is going into his senior year there and taking the MCAT next month... tag along son will be a senior in high school then will attend ACU also. Won't be retiring until they pry my cold dead fingers off my stethoscope so might as well drive a nice car!
Old 06-26-2016, 02:59 AM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

What a bunch of great wives. Totally in sync with all the latest research placing great wives over great husbands by a big ratio. I know the numbers, but of course I don’t want to be THAT girl. You know, the one that gleefully tells you men suck by 300%.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by slingshot60
My oldest son graduated from Abilene Christian University and is prepping for the LSAT, my middle son is going into his senior year there and taking the MCAT next month... tag along son will be a senior in high school then will attend ACU also. Won't be retiring until they pry my cold dead fingers off my stethoscope so might as well drive a nice car!
Congrats. Yep, enjoy life.

Originally Posted by jennifer911
What a bunch of great wives. Totally in sync with all the latest research placing great wives over great husbands by a big ratio. I know the numbers, but of course I don’t want to be THAT girl. You know, the one that gleefully tells you men suck by 300%.
Without a doubt, guys are generally dumb ***** and wives rock us by a wide margin . . . at least for us males that walk around with a perpetual smile on our faces and a beautiful women closely by our side.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:10 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 447 Posts

Yeah I've got a great one too. Understands my "hobby" and has yet to throw a fit when I walk in the door or better yet pull in the driveway with something new and unexpected...at least to her. Has even done the BMW Performance delivery with me and the Porsche Precision Driving School at Barbers [as a spectator] but still she came with me...and that's what counts. Cheers to the ladies...behind every great guy/man there really is a good woman who puts up with him!
Old 06-26-2016, 11:07 PM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

my wife has put up with 25 years of racing, which included convincing here to time and score our 24 hour endurance team years ago, and a 911.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default So true

Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Satch99
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are lucky. Everytime i get a new car, i get that look as if to say ' We could have had a new kitchen'
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 PM
amre
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
I have been following/reading this thread with a combination of amusement and envy! Well, some entertainment too as you (we) all have some "Hot wives"! Unfortunately my wife could care less about cars and although she "likes" driving her CD, she would be just as happy, maybe happier pocket book wise, with a VW Tdi Touareg. All my 911 purchases have been made with some serious sacrifices too. Sold my '02 Softtail Duece for the current car. And there was that time she wanted a tree removed that I liked. I liked the TT more, so tree is gone. There are more stories but I've embarrassed myself enough. Just consider yourselves lucky if your significant other supports your Pcar passion (my wife calls it an obsession)!
I'm in the same boat as you! She tolerates my "obsession" but I can hardly call her supportive. And she would never splurge on shoes or purses, so it's hard for me to buy her support with an LV purse or a nice pair of CL shoes! I guess there are worse things to worry about, so all in all I would say we are all blessed in many ways.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by jennifer911
Don't hold back tell us how you really feel. We do take a bit of time to mature but we don't all suck. Actually some of us are worth the investment of time.

But it is a lottery from both sides. What looked like a good idea the day you chose the numbers may not yield the return you were hoping for down the road.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Steben
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No so easy with my wife

It took me 29 years and agreeing to pay college tuition for both my sons before I could get spousal approval to buy a 9 year old C2S.

No regrets - I have sent my sons into their professional careers with no student loan debt.

Now that we have the car, she loves it - although she is afraid to drive it!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:10 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Don't hold back tell us how you really feel. We do take a bit of time to mature but we don't all suck. Actually some of us are worth the investment of time.

But it is a lottery from both sides. What looked like a good idea the day you chose the numbers may not yield the return you were hoping for down the road.
Thank you Penn, you are one of the great ones, good enough in fact to move the needle to 299%. Numbers typically don’t lie, but they do need an amendment every now and then.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey, women suck too! They're "only interested if you're looking for something serious" and then go sleep with the liars that will tell them whatever they want to hear and then "change their mind" afterwards. How's that fair to nice honest guys?

Quick Reply: Wife