Hesitation and rough idelling

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:34 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation and rough idelling

https://youtu.be/cRRKoAUirBo

Hello, just curious if anyone else is having similar issues? So far the dealer has tested the vacume system for leaks and it passed. Also fixed the speed sensor depth by adding a spacer (porsche recemended fix for hesitation) the heaitation is very evedant and always there unless driving fast then it just disapears.

2013c4s manual

Thanks. Hope to get some feedback.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:39 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of gasoline that you use?
Old 06-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks very similar to when I had my throttle valve go bad. Does it have trouble holding a speed with cruise control on?

At my dealer they showed me with the bumper and intake channelling off, you could see the valve shake. At high throttle settings, the valve is basically parallel to the airflow, so if it's shaking it doesn't really affect the airflow much.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
what kind of gasoline that you use?
+1, sounds like there's water in fuel.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jnosol
+1, sounds like there's water in fuel.
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I use premium fuel. I have fueled many times since this issue. Always high octane.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Looks very similar to when I had my throttle valve go bad. Does it have trouble holding a speed with cruise control on?

At my dealer they showed me with the bumper and intake channelling off, you could see the valve shake. At high throttle settings, the valve is basically parallel to the airflow, so if it's shaking it doesn't really affect the airflow much.
Ill definitely ask them to look into that. I havent tried cruze control however under a mild constant throttle there is a bit of a surge that is constant, car speeds up for split second then bogs down slightly then power back in then out. Very noticable at low speeds.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilal074
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I use premium fuel. I have fueled many times since this issue. Always high octane.
Even the best and reliable gas stations get water in the gas once in a while. If all fails, flush the gas tank and get new fuel. If it was the fuel, use your cc receipt as purchase proof and send the gas station the invoice if it's not covered by Porsche. I went down this path before, it was a BMW. Replaced fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel filter, and checked vacuums. It turns out to be water in fuel. I only gas premium.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:06 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It actually seems to be a defective throttle body. If under warranty, have the dealer check it out.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:23 AM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miles pls?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Even the best and reliable gas stations get water in the gas once in a while. If all fails, flush the gas tank and get new fuel. If it was the fuel, use your cc receipt as purchase proof and send the gas station the invoice if it's not covered by Porsche. I went down this path before, it was a BMW. Replaced fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel filter, and checked vacuums. It turns out to be water in fuel. I only gas premium.
Interesting, that's never happened to me before. I'll keep that in mind if all else fails! Not sure how easy it is to drain that tank
Old 06-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by 997s07
It actually seems to be a defective throttle body. If under warranty, have the dealer check it out.
I will ask them about it. It has been in twice but seems like they did not do a full analysis of the situation. it's going back in on the 21st. I can keep you guys updated on the outcome. The car is still under warranty.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by teambell
Miles pls?
I posted a video above that shows the KM's on the car in miles id say ~20k.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Ill definitely ask them to look into that. I havent tried cruze control however under a mild constant throttle there is a bit of a surge that is constant, car speeds up for split second then bogs down slightly then power back in then out. Very noticable at low speeds.
Exactly how mine was. Since I have PDK, I also had very abrupt shifts too since he computer couldn't get the RPM just right when it dropped the clutch. But yeah in a gear it would bog/surge/bog forever. Eventually when it gets bad enough you get a red engine fault "reduced power ok to drive on" or something message on the MFD, and some other faults. When you get that you get like zero power, and have to turn off/back on to get the power back. I had to pull over and restart like 6 times to get to the dealership.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Bilal074
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Exactly how mine was. Since I have PDK, I also had very abrupt shifts too since he computer couldn't get the RPM just right when it dropped the clutch. But yeah in a gear it would bog/surge/bog forever. Eventually when it gets bad enough you get a red engine fault "reduced power ok to drive on" or something message on the MFD, and some other faults. When you get that you get like zero power, and have to turn off/back on to get the power back. I had to pull over and restart like 6 times to get to the dealership.
Thank you so much for this feed back, It's great to learn from other peoples experience and really helpful. I will mention this to the tech and ask him to have a closer look. Sounds like it could be a common issue..
Old 06-10-2016, 04:13 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

This may be a Capt Obvious moment but try premium fuel from DIFFERENT stations, fuel manufacturers in your market.

+1 this may be a fuel issue, and +1 on checking-out the TB. Easy enough to get to the TB.

Quick Reply: Hesitation and rough idelling