trysixty
Racer

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Sad but in a 991.2 that would probably be considered a feature
LOL, so true. 991.2 has so many "special features" for the "special driver"

Old 06-11-2016 | 04:29 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Coffee cup low would be way too readable, it'd be more like "Caution: Check remaining drink space in caffenated beverage utilization area."

Old 06-11-2016 | 09:22 PM
trysixty
Racer

[QUOTE=Dewinator;13366467]Coffee cup low would be way too readable, it'd be more like "Caution: Check remaining drink space in caffenated beverage utilization area."

You are right!! Porsche should also have a politically uncorrect message: "Caution your Miles till Empty exceeds the Maximum of 350. Drive faster or sell your car"
Old 06-11-2016 | 10:46 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KenTO
18650 miles in 4 years, you're not driving the car enough to recharge the battery, I hope you're using a trickle charger when it's parked.
This.
Here's a good one: http://www.batterymart.com/p-battery...FQJsfgodvBAOjw

Interesting they turn off the *** in this circumstance. Must be a big draw on the battery every start.
Old 06-13-2016 | 06:57 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Originally Posted by KenTO
18650 miles in 4 years, you're not driving the car enough to recharge the battery, I hope you're using a trickle charger when it's parked.
I do have a trickle charger but only use it during the winter when not driving for more than a week.

I checked the battery with a multimeter. It seems a little low at 12.04 after leaving the lights on for a few minutes. It didn't drop below 10 volts on startup. Should I replace it? If I do replace it will the warning sign go away or will it have to be "reset" by the dealer?
Old 06-13-2016 | 08:06 PM
RYE
Racer

Is it possible you hard wired any accessories (dash cam) that could cause addition drain on the battery? My car is also 4 years old and the battery performance is exceptional.
Old 06-14-2016 | 10:25 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

I do have a radar detector. Aside from that nothing. I could take it in, but what a pain in the butt.
Old 06-15-2016 | 02:13 AM
Cdub2235
Intermediate

Neil,

I had the same happen to my 13 C2S a few days after I bought it, it really freaked me out so I took it in for a PPI, the guy who inspected it said I had a lot of messages and he also like others have mentioned said that the battery was low, he reset the messages and I haven't seen that since.
Old 06-16-2016 | 12:31 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cdub2235
Neil,

I had the same happen to my 13 C2S a few days after I bought it, it really freaked me out so I took it in for a PPI, the guy who inspected it said I had a lot of messages and he also like others have mentioned said that the battery was low, he reset the messages and I haven't seen that since.
Thanks for the info. When you say "messages" what do you mean? Did you replace the battery or just reset the messages?
Old 06-16-2016 | 08:32 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by trysixty
LOL, so true. 991.2 has so many "special features" for the "special driver"

LOL that is awesome!
Old 06-16-2016 | 10:21 AM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Hi everyone.

Don't want to highjack a threat but didn't want to start a new one. I've only used the Auto start/stop on the day I bought my car (2mo. now) Since then I have always left the button pressed/lit (disengaged) today I decided to change my display after reading some posts about different display options i.e volt, compass to show speed limit, etc... I also decided I wanted to try out the auto/start stop while in the city. When I came to the first stop nothing happened? I thought maybe I wasn't at the light long enough, next light nothing again (car still running) and then a I got this next to the time (see pic) I don't have the button on (see other pic) and the rpms go to 500 when coasting. Did I change something on the display that would disarm the start/stop even if the button is "off"?
Attached Images   
Old 06-16-2016 | 10:45 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

I believe there are a few factors that could cause it to be disabled before the system is ready function. Looks like your oil temp might be a little low or the car is just warming up from being off for a time. If there's a large draw on the battery the feature won't activate as well.

I think it's described in the manual.

This is freaky when if you have PDK.

Last edited by CSK 911 C4S; 06-16-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2016 | 04:26 PM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I believe there are a few factors that could cause it to be disabled before the system is ready function. Looks like your oil temp might be a little low or the car is just warming up from being off for a time. If there's a large draw on the battery the feature won't activate as well.

I think it's described in the manual.
Thanks for the links. I was hoping it was the oil temp so just took it out for a longer drive, oil was over 200f and still didn't work. I didn't have the A/C on max but I guess I'll have to try it with the A/C off and see if that works. Not sure what a "normal" battery volt should be so I don't know if that it?
Old 06-16-2016 | 05:38 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Austin-Guy
Thanks for the links. I was hoping it was the oil temp so just took it out for a longer drive, oil was over 200f and still didn't work. I didn't have the A/C on max but I guess I'll have to try it with the A/C off and see if that works. Not sure what a "normal" battery volt should be so I don't know if that it?
I don't use mine often but I used it today on a trip and when the car comes to a stop it turns off and the indicator on the screen is green. Most of the time it stayed that way until I released the brake and the engine fired right up. However, twice at longer red lights (with the AC running well - it was 91 degrees out), the indicator went yellow and the car started up due to the load. I believe that this is perfectly normal.
Old 06-16-2016 | 06:12 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Back a few months ago when the auto stop/start was engaged the car would almost never shut off and I would get the yellow "A" with the line through it.

Quick Reply: Auto stop start issues