Sponsored by:

Lease turn in March 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 07:38 PM
evergreenbar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease turn in March 2016

I'm about to check out a CPO 2014C2S tomorrow. Car is white and has PCCB and returned to dealer in NY around the end of March. If original lessee spots this posting I would appreciate a PM to discuss further.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

When you look at the car check the phone on PCM. That is how I found the former owner. It had his full first and last name, listing as JohnDoe's I phone. I then googled him, found him on Linked in and sent a PM and sure enough, he was the former owner. Found out a lot and eliminated the need to do a PPI.

Just worth a try.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:44 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it still necessary to do a PPI if the car is CPO from the dealership? It's still cover under warranty right?
Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
Is it still necessary to do a PPI if the car is CPO from the dealership? It's still cover under warranty right?
The CPO inspection the dealer did was more in depth than a PPI... bring the SAs a nice bottle of scotch or something and ask to look over the paperwork.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 AM
evergreenbar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally I would be satisfied with the CPO but this car has PCCB and to replace is a $20K job.
Thanks for the comments.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Short answer. Yes if you are risk adverse. No if you can manage possible issues that the dealer just did not bother to document and just CPO'd the car.

Search for a thread "Beverly Hill Porsche" which will make you want to do a PPI. Of course, if you have personally inspected the car, your risks are lower.

Some of us are comfortable taking risks if we get real comfortable with the seller (private) and look carefully at the car. The dealer sometimes buys the car at auction and has no clue about the real history. Warranty coverage helps. But previous body damage not reported on Carfax (Carfax is not fool proof) is hard to determine and you just need to live with that risk.

PPI is insurance. Fairly cheap insurance.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I would never reply on CPO... NEVER!! This has been discussed before and the consensus, which I agree, is a PPI should be performed regardless of CPO status.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:12 PM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Here's the thread referenced by mjsporsche:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html

You can read for yourself how one particular dealer (Porsche of Beverly Hills) sold a "perfect" CPO car and then treated the customer in the aftermath.

Personally, I would get a PPI done on any car. It wouldn't matter if the dealer doing the CPO was Mother Theresa Porsche.

Quick Reply: Lease turn in March 2016