Sponsored by:

I Think I Found Her - Part deux

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Canefan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default I Think I Found Her - Part deux

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread detailing my search for my 1st 911. Here's the link if anyone's interested :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9316...found-her.html

Anyway, I pulled the trigger on a gorgeous 2014 C2 - Mahogany Metallic / Luxor Beige with PDK, PSE, SC, 20" S Wheels. Here she is, detailed and ready to show off.

Last edited by Canefan; 05-13-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:52 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Canefan
A couple of weeks ago I a thread derailing my search for my 1st 911. Here's the link if anyone's interested :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9316...found-her.html
Anyway, I pulled the trigger on a gorgeous 2014 C2 - Mahogany Metallic / Luxor Beige with PDK and Sport Exhaust. Here she is, detailed and ready to show off.
You think? Sir- you've found her!!! Stunning 991! Enjoy!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 10:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Congrats. PSE + SC = fun times ahead
Old 05-13-2016, 10:30 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Wow, beautiful car, well done
Old 05-13-2016, 11:21 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Very nice, congratulations!
Old 05-14-2016, 12:41 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unique and gorgeous! Kudos
Old 05-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Like the color combo! Enjoy that beautiful machine!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:51 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Agree, perfect color combo. Excellent!
Old 05-14-2016, 03:33 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

mahogany looks stunning in person, congrats!
Old 05-14-2016, 03:52 PM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find. Mahogany Metallic is nice. Being a wine drinker, it reminds me of cabernet.

Im way new here. Same boat as you Canefan. Been looking for past couple of months. Lurking. The people on this board are way awesome. STG, Plenum, LexVan, Trucheli, a tonne of others I'm leaving out.

(pulled trigger thur, funds transferred yesterday, shipping from Miami to Denver being worked out, more to follow, don't want to hijack thread...)

CaneFan, how do you like it? As expected/better? Im a bmw guy(Mini, e60M5, x5, AlpinaB7) also, so interested in your impressions. Drive, performance, feel, intangibles(?), interior materials/quality, paint quality, etc?? Will this be your daily or an additional car?

Again, good looking car mahogany metallic was on my radar.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Canefan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArthurVandalay
Nice find. Mahogany Metallic is nice. Being a wine drinker, it reminds me of cabernet.

Im way new here. Same boat as you Canefan. Been looking for past couple of months. Lurking. The people on this board are way awesome. STG, Plenum, LexVan, Trucheli, a tonne of others I'm leaving out.

(pulled trigger thur, funds transferred yesterday, shipping from Miami to Denver being worked out, more to follow, don't want to hijack thread...)

CaneFan, how do you like it? As expected/better? Im a bmw guy(Mini, e60M5, x5, AlpinaB7) also, so interested in your impressions. Drive, performance, feel, intangibles(?), interior materials/quality, paint quality, etc?? Will this be your daily or an additional car?

Again, good looking car mahogany metallic was on my radar.
Congrats on your pending purchase. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new baby here.

So, to answer your question, my last 5 cars have been BMWs. I started with a 1998 328i, then a 540i, then 1 of each of the last 3 generations of M3. Frankly speaking, this car is in a whole different league. Keep in mind that mine is a base Carrera, and while I considered a C2S, for the money and how/where I drive this was the better choice. Opting for the base model allowed me to get a newer and more impressively optioned car and stay more or less within my budget. I am not one to track my cars, and honestly, a C2S or C4S would have been a waste for driving around Atlanta. The number of times that I can really push a car like this is limited here with the constant gridlock traffic and penchant for various municipalities around here to pad their coffers with speeding fines. The base Carrera is blazingly fast and suits my needs perfectly. This is my daily driver, although I have an SUV for when I need more room or on bad weather days.

The fit and finish of the Porsche is head and shoulders beyond that of the BMWs that I've had. The BMW interiors have been disappointing as far as materials and longevity. I've had plastic pieces delaminate and the Nappa leather in my E46 M3 didn't hold up well at all. The interior of the 991 is perfectly laid out and every button and **** just feels like a quality piece. When driving, there is not a single rattle or vibration heard anywhere from within the cabin. It honestly just exudes quality. The E46 M3 was the closest to the 911 in terms of driving dynamics, but the Carrera just feels so much more sure footed, nimble and surgical. I've honestly never driven anything quite like it. And then there's the sound.......dear God the sound. Anyway, I could go on and on. You're going to love it. I'll be watching for your post.

Last edited by Canefan; 05-14-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Canefan
Congrats on your pending purchase. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new baby here.

So, to answer your question, my last 5 cars have been BMWs. I started with a 1998 328i, then a 540i, then 1 of each of the last 3 generations of M3. Frankly speaking, this car is in a whole different league. Keep in mind that mine is a base Carrera, and while I considered a C2S, for the money and how/where I drive this was the better choice. Opting for the base model allowed me to get a newer and more impressively optioned car and stay more or less within my budget. I am not one to track my cars, and honestly, a C2S or C4S would have been a waste for driving around Atlanta. The number of times that I can really push a car like this is limited here with the constant gridlock traffic and penchant for various municipalities around here to pad their coffers with speeding fines. The base Carrera is blazingly fast and suits my needs perfectly. This is my daily driver, although I have an SUV for when I need more room or on bad weather days.
Very sensible purchase and I applaud you for it. I have almost the same spec of 2014 C2 in Rhodium Silver. For the extra money, I spent it on expensive Rolexes & JLC to match the 991...

I admit it's going to be hard to be sensible with money when the new tts comes out in 2019. It's so tempting!
Old 05-15-2016, 12:16 AM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

I had no idea Mahogany Metallic looks so fantastic. I've never seen a photo of one before. Perfect color combination with the interior. Welcome!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:49 AM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Good to hear. Aren't there mtns in North Georgia? You gotta head up there. Get out of the concrete jungle for a long weekend.

My "major worry of the day" being, is the crazy auto buy of a Porsche Carrera going to be an even better car, is a good worry to have. )

Cannot wait until truck arrives. Still unk. Late next week??? White, espresso/cognac two tone interior, SpChrono, premium pkg plus, glass roof, Pdk. 2014 C4S 1,600mi.

Denver resident with a hideaway in the mtns near Breckenridge here. Retired- no commute. Multiple cars. Two drivers. Plan is to drive a bit in the mtns. 4S because of the snow (prob never drive it in it) or wet melting snow on roads at elevation. 14" fresh this week on Loveland Pass!

Congratulations on your new rig.

Quick Reply: I Think I Found Her - Part deux