Sponsored by:

Passenger Mirror Tilt Down Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Canefan
I have this exact problem with my 2014 C2. Box is checked in settings, right mirror is selected on the door panel and when I put the car in reverse, the mirror does not tilt. Sometimes it moves slightly, but it does not tilt all the way down as it should. Adjusting the mirror works fine in all directions, so the motor is okay. I'll be having it checked at the next service.
Did you follow the manual and actually set the position that you want it tilted down to? I had to set my normal viewing position AND my position while reverse parking.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:24 PM
pvr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last post is what will have happened. I thought mine was wrong and the tilting only worked on one key, you have to program exactly how it tilts - and per key memory as well.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aspriggsdds
I had the same problem. The dealer said they just rebooted the computer and it's worked fine ever since.
Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Did you follow the manual and actually set the position that you want it tilted down to? I had to set my normal viewing position AND my position while reverse parking.
We will see. I read the online user guide as well as my owners manual. It used to work. I have the feature or it wouldn't show up under options on my settings. The owners manual seems to go around and around referring you to different pages, but I don't see how I need to do any more than check the box in the settings screen.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put your car in reverse, let the mirror tilt whichever way it does then while still in reverse adjust the mirror to where you'd like it to point and presto,,,, done deal.

when you put it back in drive it returns to its normal driving position and next time you put it in reverse it will be right where you want it.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Austin-Guy
Put your car in reverse, let the mirror tilt whichever way it does then while still in reverse adjust the mirror to where you'd like it to point and presto,,,, done deal.

when you put it back in drive it returns to its normal driving position and next time you put it in reverse it will be right where you want it.
You know what? You're right! Thanks!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Chiboy
You know what? You're right! Thanks!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Canefan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
DOH!!!

Thanks. All fixed now.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
Is this tilt down feature standard on all Porsche mirrors all just certain mirrors .... electronic folding etc?
Requires one of the two power seat options which come with the "memory" package

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Tilt Down Problem