Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche home at last (2017 991.2 C4S)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:02 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"What say all of you?"

My rear seats are always folded but they don't appear to be able to hold a lot of weight (wine cases) as they flex under load.
No way is anyone I know going to even try to get back there.
In the pre seat belt era, we used to sit cross ways in some jump seats.
I particularly remember an oyster lunch run, that three of us did in an XJS coupe.
If I wanted to wait, I would have asked Porsche Exclusive to just remove the rear seats and make a luggage area that would hold wine.
But my experience with Porsche Exclusive is dismal at best.-Richard
Old 07-18-2016, 09:16 PM
DtecD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
"What say all of you?"

My rear seats are always folded but they don't appear to be able to hold a lot of weight (wine cases) as they flex under load.
No way is anyone I know going to even try to get back there.
In the pre seat belt era, we used to sit cross ways in some jump seats.
I particularly remember an oyster lunch run, that three of us did in an XJS coupe.
If I wanted to wait, I would have asked Porsche Exclusive to just remove the rear seats and make a luggage area that would hold wine.
But my experience with Porsche Exclusive is dismal at best.-Richard
Ship the wine. More Oyster Lunch Runs...
Old 07-18-2016, 09:57 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Thanks, again, vivekg, for confirming my choice of that color combo and leading me to change my wheel order.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:59 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Thanks, again, vivekg, for confirming my choice of that color combo and leading me to change my wheel order.
That is one nice looking combo! Love that you went with a manual as well! Congratulations and enjoy.

Vivek
Old 07-18-2016, 10:05 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

The back seats come in handy from time to time. I had to drive my mid 20's daughter and her friend 4 hours from PA to NYC in my first 991. It was a one way trip for them and in the middle of the summer, so I didn't want to take the Lincoln MKX I owned back then. My daughter is about 4'10 and her friend is about 5'7. Being the shorter of the two, my daughter rode in the back with the top down and was fine. Also, my 5'1 wife occasionally sits back there on short trips if we have a friend with us.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vivekg
That is one nice looking combo! Love that you went with a manual as well! Congratulations and enjoy.

Vivek
I've had it for a month and a half with almost 1000 miles on it. I'm very happy I made the jump from my Agate/Black .1 to the new car. Best car I've ever owned.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:17 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
LOVE the red interior! So glad i picked that too!

Random question - saw the picture of the back seat - Folks don't kill me for asking this but is it possible to fit a human adult back there? lol

Yes - I am asking because my friends are going to kick my *** if I make them drive their own cars when we go upstate on weekends.

If the front seat is not all the way back - so the front passenger sacrifices a little bit to give the back a bit.... Communism in a porsche.

What say all of you?
No Way!
They may no longer be your friends!
But if you do, don't forget to adjust your tire pressure settings to full load as noted in the dash display.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:39 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Went on a fun drive today into Western Massachusetts. Lots of stops along the way to take photos of the car while it was relatively clean. Alternating between all closed up and sunroof/windows open and enjoying the sounds of the car and Hamilton. The Burmester Sounded great (I've really enjoyed it and the Car Play integration as well for my daily commute)! Ended up doing about 145 miles and enjoyed every bit of it. Route and photos below.

Vivek
Nice pics. Gravel roads? Hope you have film on the front and rocker panels.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:42 AM
vivekg
Instructor

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Nice pics. Gravel roads? Hope you have film on the front and rocker panels.
I do have film on those spots. I only drove a short distance onto those spots for taking the photos :-)
Old 07-19-2016, 10:48 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Now that quite a few of us have taken delivery of our 991.2's, and driven a few hundred / thousand miles perhaps, was wondering if you would have added, changed or dropped some features / packages if you were to do it all over again. I wanted to start a new thread but don't know how. Anyways, please share your thoughts.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:52 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

I do have film on those spots. I only drove a short distance onto those spots for taking the photos :-)
Old 07-19-2016, 10:57 AM
vivekg
Instructor

Now that quite a few of us have taken delivery of our 991.2's, and driven a few hundred / thousand miles perhaps, was wondering if you would have added, changed or dropped some features / packages if you were to do it all over again. I wanted to start a new thread but don't know how. Anyways, please share your thoughts.
I have been thinking about this recently and my drive this weekend was great for this. I'll look up my option list tonight ( and some of my reasons of going with 991.2 vs 991.1 ) and post it here. Overall, I am very happy there are a few tweaks I would make.

Vivek
Old 07-20-2016, 07:39 AM
vivekg
Instructor

I put my answers over here.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:12 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quite satisfied after 5K miles!
I wanted the low rpm torque, Apple CarPlay, heated multifunction wheel with paddles, ACC, LCA, that the 991.2 offered, so a no-brainer for me.
-Richard

Quick Reply: My first Porsche home at last (2017 991.2 C4S)