Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Owners - Thoughts, Likes, Dislikes, Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:22 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts
Default 991.2 Owners - Thoughts, Likes, Dislikes, Regrets?

In another thread, ATLBond thought it would be a good idea to get some comments from 991.2 owners about their experiences to date, so I thought I'd start an appropriate thread.

Personally, I'm loving the car - it's a 911 after all. I can't think of anything I should have added or deleted.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:34 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
In another thread, ATLBond thought it would be a good idea to get some comments from 991.2 owners about their experiences to date, so I thought I'd start an appropriate thread.

Personally, I'm loving the car - it's a 911 after all. I can't think of anything I should have added or deleted.
Thx tgcrun.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:38 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

I absolutely love my 991.2. Sport exhaust is a must. The Bose stereo is good and the 14 way seats are awesome. I'm looking forward to hitting the 1000 mile mark so I could try launch control.

The PCM is pretty sweet too.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 AM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Love my 991.2 C4S Cab. Sport package, 18 way sport plus seats, LEDs, are all great options. Wheel choices arent great, so I had my RS spyders painted matte black. This is my first PDK 991 (2 prior were MT) and It is awesome! Never thought Id say that.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:37 AM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question that I have been thinking about recently. My car is a daily driver so definitely there are some things others would find not as useful, but to me they are essential.

Here is the list of options that I got and my feelings on each one, followed by some changes I would make:

991.2 vs 991.1 - As a daily driver one of the things I was drawn to with the new model was the Car Play integration. And although there are some occasional glitches it was a fabulous decision for my daily driver and I do use it a lot to listen to Audio books, podcasts and a lot of music. Could I do this with bluetooth and the built-in system, sure, but the integration really does make it nice. As for the engine NA engine vs the FI, not having owned any sports cars and being a daily driver, I really don't mind the engine noise the way it is (I did not get the sport exhaust). There is enough engine noise for me when the windows and sunroof are open to enjoy.
911 C4S - Do I need the S, probably not, but I'm not likely to by another P car so I went all in, as a daily driver I definitely wanted the AWD.

GT Silver Metallic - Love the color

Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red - Turned out exactly as I wanted and am very happy

Premium Packages Plus w/ Power Sports Seats (14-way) - The seats are comfy, no problems for me so far, I definitely like having the seat heating and ventilation (never had this and never realized how great this is in the summer or on a long drive). The auto-dimming mirrors are nice since I seem to be sitting at the perfect height to be blinded by SUV/Pickup headlights. The LED and Dynamic lights seem to work great (I'm sure I'll be sad when I have to cough up money to replace a unit).

Model Designation 911 - Happy about the simplified badging

Rear Wiper - Definitely useful and I do like the way it looks

Power folding mirrors - seems useful

Sunroof in Glass - Very happy with this on drives in good weather and just overall to make the cabin more lit, there is a downside mentioned further down, though with the shade not sure it is the Sunroof's fault.

Manual Transmission - Loving it!

Power Steering Plus - Near the end of my build I wanted to delete this, but I don't honestly know everything feels fine, but I'd have to drive another car without it to know the difference.

Front Axle Lift System - Yes! Getting in and out of my office and a couple of other places this has been really useful, would be nice if it worked like the Tesla system and remembered where you use it and automatically did it for you.

20" Carrera Sport Wheels - I do like the look, have them in the standard platinum, would have liked the exterior color, but I kind of like having the bit of contrast.

Lane Change Assist - Great feature

Heated Multifunction on GT Sport Steering Wheel - So far so good, feels comfortable

Smoking package -- as other suggested it does look cleaner

Luggage Net - has been helpful surprisingly and again other suggested it and were right

Instrument Dials in Bordeaux Red - I really do like the look

Burmester Stereo - I am really loving the sound quality and to me it was worth it

Okay onto what I would change (and luckily these are ones I can do with time and money :-) )

Sun visors in leather
Carbon Fiber Interior package - I like the way the standard contrast with my interior, however I am getting a lot of glare at various times of day and the carbon fiber would I think cut that down. This is where I use the shade to prevent the glare from the sun coming in the roof when it is overhead, but I get a lot of glare from the center console trim from the sun coming in the front window. I could also add tint to the windows, but I think I may eventually get carbon fiber trim, the only problem is that getting afterwards does not get it on the doors...

That's it really, I do wonder about PDCC, but for my driving capabilities I think this is plenty.

Vivek
Old 07-27-2016, 10:49 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Love Mine!!!

I have had my 991.2 for a week and I haven't stopped smiling since.

Quick story...
I went to the dealer intent on purchasing a 2014 TT 911 Cab. I drove it and really liked it. But then I drove a 991.2 Carrera S. The new features, the ride, and the quickness sold me! I haven't looked back. It is awesome.

In the words of Ferris Bueller : It is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend you pick one up
Old 07-27-2016, 11:44 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Two things about my .2 surprised me, both in a good way. The lighter clutch pedal action and the more compliant ride compared to my .1.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:34 AM
mlkn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pretty stripped C2 which is exactly what I wanted. 7MT, GT wheel, 20" carerra 2 wheels, steel roof, and a couple cosmetic logos.

It's a beauty and the ride is very compliant.

Only complaint is the amount of accelerator pedal depression needed to get moving from a standstill. I wish the accelerator were a bit more sensitive and responsive in that regard.

I'm looking forward to doing a tune to get "S" levels of boost and power but the current power is more than adequate.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:10 AM
Boba_kz
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

- 14 way seats are not useable for track
- every time should to turn off start/stop system
- Bose sound quality could be better
Old 07-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by vivekg
I like the way the standard contrast with my interior, however I am getting a lot of glare at various times of day and the carbon fiber would I think cut that down. This is where I use the shade to prevent the glare from the sun coming in the roof when it is overhead, but I get a lot of glare from the center console trim from the sun coming in the front window. I could also add tint to the windows, but I think I may eventually get carbon fiber trim, the only problem is that getting afterwards does not get it on the doors...

Vivek
I've ordered the glass sunroof for my Jet Black C2S.2 and as I don't like too much alloy bling in the cabin, went for extended black leather package which basically replaces most of the aluminium with black leather so nice and stealthy and hopefully no glare. I thought this might be a bit boring but since reading your comments about glare I'm glad I went down this road now.
Delivery 1st September
Old 07-28-2016, 06:11 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the extended leather package in black and you will like it.
No glare or reflections coupled with the 'black' tach dial, the cabin is very functional and purposeful.
I do have Carmine Red vent trim to set off the cabin.
The 18-way seats are great for the Track.
The Apple CarPlay execution is really awful, just a cable hookup, no place to mount you iPhone, your really thown to the wolves for functionality.
Found the signal levels when using Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay to be very different and Audio quality much better when using CarPlay.
My system when using WAZE, interrupts the PCM functions and turns them OFF every time WAZE issues a Warning. You then have to turn the PCM function back ON, manually.
Quite annoying. WAZE needs to be an ICON!
991.2 C4s with PDK SC is way more than enough power for the road and probably even for the Track for most drivers!
You will love Launch Control, just be sure you have enough road without any houses because you will find your self rapidly in triple digits.
Brakes are simply awesome!
LCA is a must!
Love the ACC!
Bose is not very good, found it sounded a little better turning off the Surround and volume/speed options.
The multifunction/heated wheel is a must!
Very rarely do I need to take my hands off the wheel now.
PCM voice is a activated by a short push on the end of the turn signal stalk and Apple Voice control by a longer push.
My car is a daily driver with winter wheel/tire combo to come.
Almost 6k trouble free miles except for hitting some cones on Track which caused the ACC to fail. My bad. Meeting next Monday to discuss design and install of a custom cover to protect the ACC when on Track.
-Richard
Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

This is my third 911 and it is so insanely fast. It's a 4S Coupe with PDK. The sport package is a must IMHO and the rear wheel steering combined with the rear biased AWD is ridiculous.

Black Bordeaux interior- I love it and am also very happy with the RS Spyder wheels.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:42 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Love the car to death. My one complaint:

When you sit in the car with the engine off, none of the stereo steering wheel controls function.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Mark-991.2
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This is my first 911, but second Porsche, my daily driver is a Macan S. I have not put that many miles on the 911 yet, but so far I love the car and have not regretted getting the base motor. It is plenty fast for me. I did not get the Sport Exhaust and to me the base exhaust sounds great. I can't imagine having one that is louder than mine. I am looking forward to playing with the the new PCM and Apple Car Play, my 2015 Macan S does not have the updated PCM.

My 911 is White with Black Leather and has the PDK, 20" RS Spyder Wheels with Color Crest, Bose, Premium Package, 14-way Seats, Heated Seats, Heated and Multi-function Steering Wheel, Sun Roof, Porsche Crest on the Headrest, Suntek Paint Protection: full front cap, mirror caps, wheel arches, door handles, door cups, etc.

Last edited by Mark-991.2; 07-28-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Like the Rhodium silver color. Got the premium package plus and the performance package. Also got PDK, lane change assist and sun roof. All worth it. Manual transmission would be better for purist, but I got PDK so my wife would drive the car and it is fine. Only thing I regret getting is the fire extinguisher as it sticks out from the passenger seat and gets in the way. All the handling goodies are amazing, and glad I added them. Car is another world for agility and traction. Front end hydraulic lift also comes in handy so glad I added that. I left the interior materials and colors stock as my focus was on the sports aspect and no regrets with that. Went with the S and glad I did as I like all that power. So the only thing I would change with another order is not get the fire extinguisher. No biggie as that is one of the cheaper extras.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Owners - Thoughts, Likes, Dislikes, Regrets?