Sponsored by:

New Member here, looking to get a used 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Stil_1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
IMO spasm is overkill. It rides too rough. I recommend driving a car with spasm before you put that on your wish list. Much like Chris Harris seems to always think, I prefer the car with pasm but not even in the stiffer mode. Suspension seems to function better in the softer mode.
I am going to test 2 cars today. One with pasm and one with spasm. Will see how that goes.

Originally Posted by petee1997
Power steering plus is only a software upgrade. It can be removed or installed. Don't pass on a good car for that reason.
Yeah I intend to get that removed. However one dealer said they "couldn't" do it so probably not use that dealer for removal. Anyone have experience getting that removed in the northwest?

Originally Posted by STG991
Look for some nice listings there. Keep the major discussion here. You're on 3 pages already. Can't have this lengthy of a discussion in hot for sale about one specific buyers journey.

Good luck
Ok got it will keep the discussion here.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:59 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stil_1
I am going to test 2 cars today. One with pasm and one with spasm. Will see how that goes.
The cars wouldn't happen to be close enough to your house to see how it might do with your driveway would they?

That would sure be a problem solver.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Is your curb driveway like this? I have to take an angle but don't ever scrape.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Stil_1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Is your curb driveway like this? I have to take an angle but don't ever scrape.
Actually yes, it is like that. Seems like I would be safe there. I'll compare when I am at the dealer though.

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
The cars wouldn't happen to be close enough to your house to see how it might do with your driveway would they?

That would sure be a problem solver.
Unfortunately, it's about an hour drive away, I'll keep an eye out for possible similar curbs around the area.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Unfortunately, it's about an hour drive away, I'll keep an eye out for possible similar curbs around the area.
Better yet, be sure to measure both cars on a level surface (asphalt to bottom of front lip).
Old 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Yeah I intend to get that removed. However one dealer said they "couldn't" do it so probably not use that dealer for removal. Anyone have experience getting that removed in the northwest?

My dealer in Atlanta, Hennessey, had never done it either when I had mine removed last summer. They were very accommodating however, said they would research it, and called back the next day to say that yes it was doable. One hour of labor and I'm sure it was less than that, but that's the least they'll charge for.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Stil_1
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
My dealer in Atlanta, Hennessey, had never done it either when I had mine removed last summer. They were very accommodating however, said they would research it, and called back the next day to say that yes it was doable. One hour of labor and I'm sure it was less than that, but that's the least they'll charge for.
I asked this dealer and they should be able to do it. The car I am looking at has the button style wheel but no multi function so thinking of doing a swap to sport design wheel. Maybe alcantara one. Question here if you don't have heated can it still be added?

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Better yet, be sure to measure both cars on a level surface (asphalt to bottom of front lip).
Some good news. The plastic front lip of the SPASM car is the same height of my m3 rubber airs dam which I have rarely scraped so height looks good here.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:12 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Easy fix.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2016, 06:49 PM
363ny
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Hmm I found one that has the following options:

2013 4S with 34k miles $75k

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (rear)
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Power Steering Plus
SportDesign steering wheel
Two-tone leather interior
911 Carrera 4S
BL
Leather interior in Black/ Luxor Beige
P06
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37
BOSE
P3E
Premium Package Plus
UN1
Online Services
XSC
Porsche Crest on headrests
XUV
Storage compartment lid with model logotype
Z4
Basalt Black Metallic
ZAB
Ornamental Porsche Crest

Warranty lasts until June 2017.

What do you guys think about one with this high of mileage?

I would be looking into getting a PSE installed and removal of Power Steering Plus if I decided on this.
Seems like I see quite a few '13s with much lower miles (under 15K) in the mid $80s. To me the question would be is it worth saving about $10K in return for going with a car with about 20K more miles? I would also want the car to be CPO. Lastly no PSE (which can be added) or SPASM (which cant be added).

I hope this is helpful and good luck with your search.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Stil_1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 363ny
Seems like I see quite a few '13s with much lower miles (under 15K) in the mid $80s. To me the question would be is it worth saving about $10K in return for going with a car with about 20K more miles? I would also want the car to be CPO. Lastly no PSE (which can be added) or SPASM (which cant be added).

I hope this is helpful and good luck with your search.
Yeah not considering this one anymore.

I see some with lot less miles. 18k 2013 4s and a 9k 2s.

One thing after driving them is that I felt the 2s was a bit more peppy in engine response. The 4s listed as pse but was replaced with a borla exhaust which is permanently on. (The button does nothing)

The 2s does not have pse which I am inquiring about getting installed or replacing the borla in the 4s.

The 2s is standard pasm and 4s is spasm which looks nicer I must say.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
Much like Chris Harris seems to always think, I prefer the car with pasm but not even in the stiffer mode. Suspension seems to function better in the softer mode.
Which one was that? Most of the videos I remember, such as the yellow .1S vs red C7 Stingray vid, CH has the SPASM car but in the normal mode, which he seemed to like.

For my personal butt calibration, SPASM is perfect in "Normal" for daily driving and SPASM in "Sport" is perfect for twisty mountain roads or track.

That being said, I have made a couple mistakes parking and thanks to black plastic lip, they haven't done any damage. I feel like I'd have screwed up a painted lip by now.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:48 AM
Stil_1
Instructor

Quick Update.

After much deliberation, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the White C4S and swap the steering wheel, disable Power Steering Plus (Dealer agreed to it), and if I am too annoyed with the exhaust (I think it's actually a Fabspeed supersport) I can swap back to PSE. The button and other hardware is still in the car, just need to hook up an exhaust and potentially sell the Fabspeed to recoup some cost.

What it boiled down to was, when looking at both the C2S and the C4S next to each other, my eyes kept admiring the C4S more, with the lower SPASM stance and the wider fenders.

I will post pics if/when I get it.

Quick Reply: New Member here, looking to get a used 991