Sponsored by:

Saphire Blue Macan

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 03:32 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
I have a 2012 Touareg right now which is an amazing SUV and a great value. I originally shopped for the Cayenne but the Touareg was, for me, a better value. That said, it's a large vehicle and my wife would probably like something smaller.

I love the look of the Macan but am concerned that the low rear roofline constricts possible cargo fitments. (I've never measured it) My question to current Macan owners: Have you been able to actually haul "stuff"? And major surprises or disappointments? Any comparisons from previous SUV's you've owned? Thanks!

BTW, that Saphire Blue looks amazing!
I have a Macan S for over a year and great car. Trunk is a littel smaller than an x-3 but cannot compare the two cars. Macan hands down is better and I have not had one problem in 13 months and 12k miles. Back seat legroom is also less than an x-3. so if you need a lot of room in the back, may not be for you
Old 04-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991
Got a new daily driver. Nice to keep somewhat content in familiar surroundings when not in the 991S. Makes the wait just a little easier. Still, no comparison but great company.

Overall, so far so good.

congrats, Ive had one for over a year. great fun car that puts other similar sized SUV's to shame
Old 04-16-2016, 11:53 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 282 Posts

Enjoy! 12k miles on our Turbo and it's by far the best drive in it's class! Looks awesome and can carry a fair amount of stuff too.

Love the Spyder wheels!

Now, remember, the parking brakes work in opposite directions!
Old 04-17-2016, 11:51 AM
rcsting
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Not to spam everyone but I just listed my 2016 Macan S for sale in the classifieds. It's absolutely amazing but moving to a cab or Targa now.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2016, 12:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by rcsting
Not to spam everyone but I just listed my 2016 Macan S for sale in the classifieds. It's absolutely amazing but moving to a cab or Targa now.
I just got 10% off or over $7K off a new 2016 S.

Asking like $11K off MSRP with almost 10K miles is pretty aggressive.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:57 AM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

Just picked up this new Macan S for sharing daily driving and all of winter. It's nice, no 991.1

Old 05-10-2016, 01:05 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Harsany
Just picked up this new Macan S for sharing daily driving and all of winter. It's nice, no 991.1

Nice. Congrats! Was close to getting that same color and wheels! I'm loving mine. Like you said, it's no 991.1, but a great daily ride for a CUV. I like the familiarity of having a second Porsche.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:38 AM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Nice. Congrats! Was close to getting that same color and wheels! I'm loving mine. Like you said, it's no 991.1, but a great daily ride for a CUV. I like the familiarity of having a second Porsche.
I just got it tonight so I have barely driven it, but I feel the same STG, I wanted another Porsche for the drive and the feel.

I have an issue, there is a small oil leak on the passenger side that is dripping on the exhaust and causing a but bit of smoke and and a burnt oil smell. Something must be loose. back to the dealer
Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 AM
porsche42
Racer

Nice colors on the Macan. We looked at the Macan but my wife liked the bigger interior in the Cayenne. It's also a diesel that gets almost 33mpg on the highway, super comfy. And yes waiting for details on the recall. Only issue for my wife is driving it in the garage even though it's an easy fit, it looks a lot tighter than it is.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Yard Dog
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
It's been almost a month since you got the Mac and I wonder how you have used it and how it has affected your use of the 911. I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on one, but need all the justification I can find. I have a Ford Super Duty which is my usual DD, but it's a diesel and has some of the same issues as the 911 in that it has to be driven long enough to get everything warmed up and is not great in town or for going to the supermarket. I figure the Mac would be better for short trips and around town, but I wonder how having it will affect my use of the 911, and do I really need three cars? So what has your experience been?
Old 05-11-2016, 10:30 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Yard Dog
It's been almost a month since you got the Mac and I wonder how you have used it and how it has affected your use of the 911. I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on one, but need all the justification I can find. I have a Ford Super Duty which is my usual DD, but it's a diesel and has some of the same issues as the 911 in that it has to be driven long enough to get everything warmed up and is not great in town or for going to the supermarket. I figure the Mac would be better for short trips and around town, but I wonder how having it will affect my use of the 911, and do I really need three cars? So what has your experience been?
I LOVE it as a daily driver. Was always meant as a daily, and the 991 is the fun car. Weather is starting to shape up and will exercise it more.

The Macan S makes daily driving, running around, and the everyday BS very fun. The PDK tranny is quick and its a very comfortable CUV while being very sporty.

The 991 can't be my one and only car. Just doesn't wear enough hats. Plus out there in traffic and the daily running around, too many idiots out there ready to rear end you while not paying attention.

Having both is a blessing. My wife says the garage looks like a Porsche advertisement. A GT Silver 991S and Rhodium Silver Macan S.

Getting a larger SUV for the wife and family cruising. Got all bases covered.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Same here.

Have one as a DD. just fantastic . It is a little on the small side inside compared to an X3 but who cares
Old 05-16-2016, 09:03 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Reading this thread has been very expensive. After studying the postings I ran out and bought this one!

OK, On Friday, I also had a chance to flog a Macan (GTS) along with a variety of 991.2s at the track and found out just how good a Macan can be. I had resisted thinking it could not possibly handle and brake. Now I get it. Or got it, Saturday. Happy DD
Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2016, 09:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Reading this thread has been very expensive. After studying the postings I ran out and bought this one!

OK, On Friday, I also had a chance to flog a Macan (GTS) along with a variety of 991.2s at the track and found out just how good a Macan can be. I had resisted thinking it could not possibly handle and brake. Now I get it. Or got it, Saturday. Happy DD
Great post!! You'll love it. Congrats.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:04 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc

How does the GTS compare to S?

Quick Reply: Saphire Blue Macan