Sponsored by:

The Blue Baron: CXX '16 Targa GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 06:07 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
Thank you for the kind words sir! Definitely think it will be an amazing adventure for you and the family, have a great time.
Xpel, you played a critical role in the PPF pre-planning. Thank you for your patience and guidance on that front. Lots of photos coming your way in due time!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:03 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

A few updates on our .1 European Delivery, compatriots.

I recently cut two not insignificant checks at the dealership. One was payment in full for the Blue Baron. (Damn car cost as much as my first house.) The other check is covering VAT which will simply be held hostage. Methinks a few bean counters are worried my family might represent a flight risk and abscond into Eastern Europe.

Eric, my ever-supportive SA at Porsche of Conshohocken, spent over an hour walking me through a .1 GTS cabriolet on their showroom floor. The hands-on introduction covered everything from sliming the CL wheels to digging deeply into the PCM. The goal was to help get me up to speed faster and more productively once we have feet on the ground in Stuttgart. (Great work Eric! Thank you.)

That same day, Fedex delivered our weighty ED binder from Jamie. (Thanks Jamie!) My two favorite items:

1. A factory pass with laniard for Bash, who just turned 11 weeks old and recently discovered that gelato reigns supreme over any proletarian baby formula. This'll nicely complement the extended passport we just got the little bugger.

2. The Blue Baron's Monroney papers. Holding the actual window sticker, after months upon months of waiting, suddenly started to make this very real.

Aside from our passes, the leatherette binder also had vouchers for the hotel and taxi, '16 ED sticker, Targa Quick User Guide and a few other items. The nice folks in ATL clearly have got this down to a science.

Four sizable boxes have been Fedexed to our hotel in Stuttgart and will be held for check in. Contents include Xpel TracWrap (shout out to Ben!), squeegees and various cutting apparatuses, RimSkins, spare phone charger, Euro plug converters, rear shade to protect Junior and a few little surprises.

So the BIG question: Anyone going to be in Germany from June 16-23? We'll be killing four days in Frankfurt and Berlin before heading over to Stuttgart. Equally important, any comrades doing factory pick up on June 22?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:43 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

I am reviving your thread in anticipation of the photos coming in just a few days. I was at the factory and museum last fall. Incredible trip. I was driving a rental 997. Not bad. But you will be in ultimate Porsche heaven driving your new targa. Can't wait for the photos! Feel free to post the Monroney sticker in the meantime.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:45 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
A few updates on our .1 European Delivery, compatriots.

I recently cut two not insignificant checks at the dealership. One was payment in full for the Blue Baron. (Damn car cost as much as my first house.) The other check is covering VAT which will simply be held hostage. Methinks a few bean counters are worried my family might represent a flight risk and abscond into Eastern Europe.

Eric, my ever-supportive SA at Porsche of Conshohocken, spent over an hour walking me through a .1 GTS cabriolet on their showroom floor. The hands-on introduction covered everything from sliming the CL wheels to digging deeply into the PCM. The goal was to help get me up to speed faster and more productively once we have feet on the ground in Stuttgart. (Great work Eric! Thank you.)

That same day, Fedex delivered our weighty ED binder from Jamie. (Thanks Jamie!) My two favorite items:

1. A factory pass with laniard for Bash, who just turned 11 weeks old and recently discovered that gelato reigns supreme over any proletarian baby formula. This'll nicely complement the extended passport we just got the little bugger.

2. The Blue Baron's Monroney papers. Holding the actual window sticker, after months upon months of waiting, suddenly started to make this very real.

Aside from our passes, the leatherette binder also had vouchers for the hotel and taxi, '16 ED sticker, Targa Quick User Guide and a few other items. The nice folks in ATL clearly have got this down to a science.

Four sizable boxes have been Fedexed to our hotel in Stuttgart and will be held for check in. Contents include Xpel TracWrap (shout out to Ben!), squeegees and various cutting apparatuses, RimSkins, spare phone charger, Euro plug converters, rear shade to protect Junior and a few little surprises.

So the BIG question: Anyone going to be in Germany from June 16-23? We'll be killing four days in Frankfurt and Berlin before heading over to Stuttgart. Equally important, any comrades doing factory pick up on June 22?
IIRC JAM2 flew to Germany today 6/14 for his ED. Have a fun trip. T
Old 06-20-2016, 12:19 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 77tony
IIRC JAM2 flew to Germany today 6/14 for his ED. Have a fun trip. T
Thanks, Tony! Porsche kindly let us push back factory pick up a month.

Originally Posted by JW911
I am reviving your thread in anticipation of the photos coming in just a few days. I was at the factory and museum last fall. Incredible trip. I was driving a rental 997. Not bad. But you will be in ultimate Porsche heaven driving your new targa. Can't wait for the photos! Feel free to post the Monroney sticker in the meantime.
Hey JW911! Ask and receive. The VIN and Commission Number have been professionally redacted to err on the safe side. Enjoy the read...

Last edited by TorqueChap; 06-20-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!!! Cant wait to see the photos! Make sure you grab the Porsche shaped gummy bears in the lobby for the young one!
Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Pick up's been pushed back a month Werks 1. New date is July 25th. And I can't wait for the Porsche-shaped gummy bears haha

Got a few more weeks of near unbearable anticipation to contend with.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Werks 1
Racer

OY VEY!!!!!

The suspense is killing me....SO that means your car will be here in September. Picked up my Cayenne on July 20th....s
got it in So Cal in September!
Old 06-25-2016, 12:11 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Great story - I was at the factory on the 21st and 22nd of June visiting my newly-completed 991 RS. What a great trip - we rented a 991.2 Targa 4S for a week of driving from the factory while our RS is flown back to Los Angeles to arrive when we do. Could not bear the shipping time on the water
You are going to have a lot of fun. The factory folks are first class and every minute was a pleasure. Make sure to eat at the Christophorus restaurant - great view and terrific steak.
Can't wait to see pictures of your car - fun to read your Porsche journey/story. I too ordered a ton of CXX options and they really make all of the difference in creating a unique car to be enjoyed forever.
Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing more.
Jeff
Old 06-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Werks 1
Racer

I am glad I ordered some CXX options...Just my wheels alone get me tons of compliments... I hope to see you on the road Jeff! ......LD
Old 06-30-2016, 10:22 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JCBH
Great story - I was at the factory on the 21st and 22nd of June visiting my newly-completed 991 RS. What a great trip - we rented a 991.2 Targa 4S for a week of driving from the factory while our RS is flown back to Los Angeles to arrive when we do. Could not bear the shipping time on the water You are going to have a lot of fun. The factory folks are first class and every minute was a pleasure. Make sure to eat at the Christophorus restaurant - great view and terrific steak. Can't wait to see pictures of your car - fun to read your Porsche journey/story. I too ordered a ton of CXX options and they really make all of the difference in creating a unique car to be enjoyed forever. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing more. Jeff
CXX options are a wonderful way to differentiate the car, JCBH and Werks 1. There's one interior custom tailored detail, so nuanced that a casual car enthusiast would completely miss it, that I'm particularly excited about.

Counting down the minutes until we're at the factory...

Last edited by TorqueChap; 06-30-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:23 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Werks 1 - I am sure we will!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Just got to Stuttgart! The big day is tomorrow morning. Simply. Cannot. Wait.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 AM
rccarlton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Looking forward to pictures!
Old 07-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome - have fun!! Picture please

Quick Reply: The Blue Baron: CXX '16 Targa GTS Build