Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS mesh grill question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:13 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Freeman: I will let you and The list know how things go after I install the Rennline grills, hopefully this weekend. I will be following plenum's DIY on 6SO. The mesh is fairly small so I can't imagine too much junk will get past it.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
As asked but unanswered on this and other similar threads, ONCE YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE RENNLIST MESH, HOW DO YOU CLEAN THE DEBRIS THAT HAVE BYPASSED THE MESH AND COLLECTED IN THE RADIATORS? IS THE ONLY ROUTE REMOVING THE FRONT BUMPER? AS I HAVE MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD, I HAVE NO MESH. I USE MY CRAFTSMAN VACUUM AND MY MASTER BLASTER WHILE I AM DRYING THE CAR TO REMOVE DEBRIS. I DO NOT BELIEVE EITHER WOULD BE EFFECTIVE WITH THE MESH IN PLACE. ANY KIND, UNOFFENSIVE SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.
Short answer is there is no real easy way to get rid of accumulated debris with the mesh attached. Of course, removing the front bumper would be the only "real" way to clean everything out. Other suggestion include shooting compressed air through the mesh to blow the debris out.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:20 PM
lkoury
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Highyo
yes got the right one, took a decent amount of concentration to get it right. now i'm hemming and hawing over the labor costs.
\\What is the part number for a non parking sensor 2016 C2S ?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Freeman, nothing barely makes it through the mesh. Really don't need to worry about it.

After a couple years, just pop off the bumper if you need to do any cleaning.

ANYTHING and EVERYTHING has its +/-'s. Nothing is perfect, and these aren't maintenance free. But that's the case with every other part on the car too.

Pick your poison.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:10 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

As asked but unanswered on this and other similar threads "Once you have installed the Rennlist mesh, how do you clean the debris that bypassed the mesh and collected in the radiators ? Is this the only route removing the front bumper ? As I have mentioned in another thread, I have no mesh. I use my Craftsman vacuum and my Master Blaster while I am drying the car to remove debris. I do not believe either would be effective with the mesh in place. Any kind, unoffensice suggestions would be very appreciated." Drove the 50th approx 10, 000 miles with screens before selling. The screens pretty much pulverize anything befpre it gets through and turns to small fragments/dust. Rads look much better not taking those direct hits. Plan to install both the screens and inner fender well mesh on the new GTS-same as what was done on the 50th.

Last edited by 77tony; 07-25-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Freeman, nothing barely makes it through the mesh. Really don't need to worry about it. After a couple years, just pop off the bumper if you need to do any cleaning. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING has its +/-'s. Nothing is perfect, and these aren't maintenance free. But that's the case with every other part on the car too. Pick your poison.
I was worried about cleaning out debris as well. I use a Master Blaster like you. I regret not putting on my aftermarket rennline grilles immediately after they arrived. Like you, I was worried about cleaning. All that changed when road debris punctured my A/C condenser located in the right air intake foil. 2k repair, not covered under warranty, that was luckily repaired at no charge after escalating to PCNA.

I am no longer concerned with cleaning out debris that happens to get by the mesh grilles.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I was worried about cleaning out debris as well. I use a Master Blaster like you. I regret not putting on my aftermarket rennline grilles immediately after they arrived. Like you, I was worried about cleaning. All that changed when road debris punctured my A/C condenser located in the right air intake foil. 2k repair, not covered under warranty, that was luckily repaired at no charge after escalating to PCNA.

I am no longer concerned with cleaning out debris that happens to get by the mesh grilles.
what was your labor for installing? i am getting these delivered straight to my installer. the cost is pretty substantial though, 2.5 hours at 190 per hour

also i assume you are satisfied with the way these things came out? are they noticeable in black or kind of blend in?

also, i'm assuming everything was thoroughly cleaned when the bumper was off? and did you spray paint the radiators?

Last edited by Highyo; 04-04-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:42 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Highyo
what was your labor for installing? i am getting these delivered straight to my installer. the cost is pretty substantial though, 2.5 hours at 190 per hour also i assume you are satisfied with the way these things came out? are they noticeable in black or kind of blend in? also, i'm assuming everything was thoroughly cleaned when the bumper was off? and did you spray paint the radiators?
I picked the car up late last week after the condenser was repaired. On a brief vacation now. I need to take it to another dealer for the mesh grille instal when I return.

Several people have these installed on here. I have seen them up close, in person and they look great.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I picked the car up late last week after the condenser was repaired. On a brief vacation now. I need to take it to another dealer for the mesh grille instal when I return.

Several people have these installed on here. I have seen them up close, in person and they look great.
ah ok, so i may be done before you, hoping the mesh arrives today or tomorrow and i am done by the weekend. will keep this thread updated
Old 11-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Benson Lamb
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

On the 991 GTS I really like the look of the renline protectors on the four side grille openings. I don't like the non flush appearance of the center grille. Is there any way to get the center flush like the GT cars???
Old 07-09-2017, 06:13 AM
ylee911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get your mesh grill installed? I am also in the bay area and planning on doing it. Would love to get local contacts on who can do this. Thanks
Old 07-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
As asked but unanswered on this and other similar threads, ONCE YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE RENNLIST MESH, HOW DO YOU CLEAN THE DEBRIS THAT HAVE BYPASSED THE MESH AND COLLECTED IN THE RADIATORS? IS THE ONLY ROUTE REMOVING THE FRONT BUMPER? AS I HAVE MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD, I HAVE NO MESH. I USE MY CRAFTSMAN VACUUM AND MY MASTER BLASTER WHILE I AM DRYING THE CAR TO REMOVE DEBRIS. I DO NOT BELIEVE EITHER WOULD BE EFFECTIVE WITH THE MESH IN PLACE. ANY KIND, UNOFFENSIVE SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING ?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 AM
ylee911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are now offering 991.2 GTS front mesh kit at ZunSport. I just ordered one. Check it out.

https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-...ull-grille-set

Says already received 50+ orders and is back logged. Mine will ship August 2. Also used the discount code posted above and it was accepted
Old 07-25-2017, 05:45 PM
nav991.2gts
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ylee911
They are now offering 991.2 GTS front mesh kit at ZunSport. I just ordered one. Check it out.

https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-...ull-grille-set

Says already received 50+ orders and is back logged. Mine will ship August 2. Also used the discount code posted above and it was accepted
ylee911, I don't see the discount code posted. Could you please provide.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM
nav991.2gts
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a search. Got the 20% off. Thanks.

Quick Reply: GTS mesh grill question