Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a "PCNA Display Vehicle" (aka "Press Vehicle")?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GTorTT
I asked my instructor at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta what they do with the cars after a certain amount of mileage (I was driving the new GT3). He said dealers bid for them and then sell them as CPO. Caveat Emptor. In my 1 1 /2 hour session I did launch control in the GT3 at least 10 times. I'm sure that particular car is driven all day long, 7 days a week. Maybe they sell at 10k miles or so, but they have been DRIVEN for 10k miles. So anyone buying what they think is a low mile, pampered CPO car might want to think carefully. That said, the cars are robust, and most wear and tear is on tires and brakes, which clearly are replaced quite often on the Porsche Experience Center fleet, and presumably by a dealer ultimately selling one of these cars as CPO. You do have a warranty, but the warranty does not prevent hassles, and non-use of car as its being repaired.

I'd only buy at an attractive price, and with my eyes open. Nothing goes faster, turns faster and stops faster than a rental car (or a "press vehicle").

A perfect "broken in" garage queen. No thanks for me.

Any future issues won't be evident until much after the warranty has expired.

There are enough issues that come up with car ownership as is, why make your life harder??
Old 04-19-2018, 10:57 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I would only lease one.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a "PCNA Display Vehicle" (aka "Press Vehicle")?