Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new Top Gear hosts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

At least this week with CH going sideways in the TdF can't possibly be worse than last week's new low. No CH and the whole thing was taken up with whiney loser Chris Evans blabbing with a little bit of driving to a bar with some old people. I don't know how much more I can watch.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Chris Evens ...............Mr Peabody

Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I was hoping extra geqr would be watchable at least. It pretty much isn't. It's odd how Harris is the only one on the show that has any sort of opinion now. Also, one "star" is enough. Why do they have to have one on extra gear as well?
They really need to rethink the whe enchilada.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:14 AM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Three weeks in and I don't think Chris Evans has any redeeming qualities. He's not particularly funny or interesting or insightful. I don't know if he's big in England but I don't see why he was chosen to host.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:21 AM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raven 666
I watch the first episode of the new line up today along with the extra Gear episode ,,,and I must say I did enjoy it ,,Matt La Blanc was quite entertaining and I think he is great for the show,,,Sabine is fantastic also along with Chris Harris,,,,my only criticism would be Chris Evens ,,,,,I find him some what of a annoyance and his head is bigger than his body ,,,but over all the show was worth watching ,,,similar format and challenges to the old Clarkson May and Hammond Top Gear ,,so really no change,,,a lot better than I expected it would be ,,,,well worth a watch and enjoy it for what it is light entertainment
Just finished watching episode 2. I thought it was just a bit better than episode 1. Do people realize how many years it took them to get to the chemistry of the previous hosts? Already this show is showing promise.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:29 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvinta
Just finished watching episode 2. I thought it was just a bit better than episode 1. Do people realize how many years it took them to get to the chemistry of the previous hosts? Already this show is showing promise.
I watched episode 3 last night much better than the previous two ,,,,more car focused and had Chris Harris do a test on the Ferrari F12 TDF insane car that one ,,good look at the new Audi R8 and some new hot hatchs ,,big improvement all round...........
Old 06-14-2016, 10:24 AM
barney55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Three weeks in and I don't think Chris Evans has any redeeming qualities. He's not particularly funny or interesting or insightful. I don't know if he's big in England but I don't see why he was chosen to host.
He is known in the uk as a big mouthed talentless *****,same as piers morgan,

james cordon etc, he is mostly a radio dj, and not good at that either,he was apparently quite radical 25 years ago,and has been trading on that repuatation ever since.

he is not well liked.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Monkey Harris: he's passionate about cars and is an excellent driver. Season 23 is not on BBC America yet, right?

From what I have seen so far of Chris Evans he's proxy and grating.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

I thought this week hinted at getting good again. While Chris Evans was hiding in the corner with a bag over his head, Matt LeBlanc and Chris Harris did well. Hopefully Evans will be fired soon and the show can go on.

At least we're going to get the drifting videos again:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/chri...ing-topgearcom
Old 06-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Agreed, saw part of it last night and it was better. Honestly, I think if they just replaced Chris Evans with somebody better/more likeable, they might be okay.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

I think they should replace Chris Evans with Emilia Clarke. It will be good to get a little more old old wooden ship on the show, and her and Matt already get along:

Old 06-16-2016, 10:33 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Seems like in show three they toned down Evans a bit and had more people testing the cars. Not too bad. Seems like this crew overall might appeal to a more diverse audience. It will be interesting to watch the other three on Amazon after months of watching the new BBC show.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:54 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Chris Evans is wisely stepping down. I see a brighter future for Top Gear.

Chris Evans said: “I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months. I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/sta...gear-statement
Old 07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Echoing most of the comments... Chris Evans is annoying and seems like he just tries way too hard. he over shadows the other hosts and cuts them off regularly. It is annoying when he tries to emulate a lot of the old catch lines. If the only change they made was ditching Chris Evans then it would be music to my American palate.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:31 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Echoing most of the comments... Chris Evans is annoying and seems like he just tries way too hard. he over shadows the other hosts and cuts them off regularly. It is annoying when he tries to emulate a lot of the old catch lines. If the only change they made was ditching Chris Evans then it would be music to my American palate.
Well you're in luck.

Quick Reply: The new Top Gear hosts