Sponsored by:

Lease money factor question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM
mwike
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease money factor question

I was looking for a 997.2 but the prices were so close to a new black edition 991 that I think I'm going to go with the 991. Another driving factor is that I'll be able to lease the 991 vs. purchase the 997. The lease is extremely advantageous for tax purposes. I plan on purchasing the car when the lease expires.

I'm looking at one of the lease deals on black editions as posted on the internet & it has a 30 month term with 10k/year miles. I want to lease for 5 years with 15k/year miles to get the residual as low as possible & thus deducting the maximum amount of lease payments.

My question (finally): will the 60 month lease have the same money factor as the 30 month lease advertised? Just want to be prepared if the dealer tries to get one over on me when I want to change the terms. I would think the dealers profit on a lease would simply be the capitalized cost vs actual cost of the car reduced pro-rata by the residual %. So I'm thinking the dealer should try to get me the best terms possible for a 5 year lease as it should increase their profit marginally. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:25 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

No. PFS has different LRF's by term. Not every term, more like brackets. Don't have it in front of me, but for example it would be one for 24 mos through 36, a different on from 37 through 48 etc.... They also have buckets by FICO, from great to not so great.....
Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW: I got a better lease from from US Bank. Dealer set it up.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:13 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

and word to the wise. get the lease money factor formula and check the numbers before signing. I got screwed by Hennessey Porsche in Atlanta with a .0033 money factor because I didn't know how to calculate it. ( that was on my Cayenne that I lease for business. I also bought a 991 the same day at 2.1% interest). Shame on me, but be forewarned.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:14 AM
mwike
Track Day

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. Will keep US Bank in mind also. Just don't want to give too much money away on financing just to get a deduction.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:34 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to try Premier Financial Services. They can go as low as 20% residual, if your goal is to write off payments and buy at end. Just be aware it is an open-ended lease, meaning you can't turn it in at the end and walk away - you have to buy it at lease end.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mwike
I would think the dealers profit on a lease would simply be the capitalized cost vs actual cost of the car reduced pro-rata by the residual %.
They make money on the difference between capitalized cost and actual cost, true. But no pro-rata on the residual, that's purely on the bank. The dealer will get back some of the fee for the lease, and then if they mark up the money factor, they get some of that as well.

Money factor will also vary depending on your credit score, natch.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 PM
ynot3d
Intermediate

60 months leases are not good. The money factor will be higher and if you EVER want to get out of it early, you are going to have a massive negative equity problem. I am in this industry and highly advise against a 60 month lease. The lease specials Porsche runs on a regular basis is the way to go. 29 month is the sweet spot.

Quick Reply: Lease money factor question