Sponsored by:

SharkWerks x-pipe installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 02:52 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SharkWerks x-pipe installed

Super happy. Easy install, Dan and staff were more than helpful when I thought I had an issue but turned out to be nothing. Sound is great, not loud at all without any drone. I know I'm a bit late to the party here but wanted to give a shout out to SharkWerks because of the great service, free shipping and free hoodie. Also, serial numbers do hava 9,1 and 1...lol

Last edited by satoru; 01-16-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:52 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Have to agree - Shark Werks rocks.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:20 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Agree 100%! SharkWerks is awesome. Got my side mufflers delete installed a few weeks ago and love it. I sometimes go out to the garage and start my car to just hear it😀. Drive it when ever I can too.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:58 PM
t0mas
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1
Love mine - just the right amount of noise without being overbearing.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:43 PM
BingoWest
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be interesting to see if SharkWerks develops an exhaust system for the 2017 Carrera and Carrera S to improve the exhaust note of those turbo charged engines (that reviewers are complaining about).

PSE seems like a waste of money to me...no performance boost for the dollars spent.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:48 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Howdy Satoru,
Is there any performance improvement with the Werks exhaust that you installed?
I just picked up a new GTS Cab this past Saturday and I need more sound since the Cabriolet doesn't have the sound symposer installed. Sounds good with the top down but not as good as my coupe did.
Thanks.
Gordy
Old 01-19-2016, 12:06 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Howdy Satoru,
I just picked up a new GTS Cab this past Saturday and I need more sound since the Cabriolet doesn't have the sound symposer installed. Sounds good with the top down but not as good as my coupe did.
Thanks.
Gordy
Their Website indicates a small amount of performance can be expected plus weight savings off the back. And all 991 cars have the symposer including cabs.

Last edited by RobC4sX51; 01-20-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:00 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info on the Shark-Werks. My SA told me that the Cab doesn't have a sound symposer.
I traded in my 2014 C4S coupe for a 16 GTS Cab on Saturday and it definitely sounds more muted than the coupe.
I was told that the convertible top mechanism doesn't allow room for the symposer. Thanks Rob.
Gordy
Old 01-20-2016, 01:10 AM
satoru
Racer

Howdy Satoru,
Thanks.
Gordy
Congrats on the GTS Gordy...awesome car. Some have stated that the x-pipe is not as loud as some expect but it does have a different sound from stock. (after about 3000K rpm) Just seeing all that metal from that mid muffler will somewhat muffle sound. What sold me on the SharkWerks was the design, being an "X" design it seems like it would have better flow. Other designs have the "U" shape routing, dunno just might be thinkin off track here.

Also, thanks RobC4sX51
for chiming in
Old 01-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info on the Shark-Werks. My SA told me that the Cab doesn't have a sound symposer.
I traded in my 2014 C4S coupe for a 16 GTS Cab on Saturday and it definitely sounds more muted than the coupe.
I was told that the convertible top mechanism doesn't allow room for the symposer. Thanks Rob.
Gordy
my GTS Cab has sound composer!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:00 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Hi Rob,
Gordy
As per Larry above, cabs have the sound symposer. Your SA is wrong. And congrats on the best 991 of all -the GTS!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Hi Rob,
Gordy
I location of where the SC enters the cabin is different, and you have to remember that in the coupe its projecting its sound into an enclosed space
unlike the cab (top down) even when the top is up, the aural characteristics
of the interior are different.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:02 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by satoru
Super happy.
Hey satoru, glad your experience is such a good one.

Can you tell us a bit about your car? Year, exact model, PDK/Manual?

There was a perceived issue with the SharkWerks X-Pipe vibrating or buzzing at idle on some of the 3.4L PDK cars. What have you got?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:49 PM
satoru
Racer

Originally Posted by hawc
Hey satoru, glad your experience is such a good one.

Can you tell us a bit about your car? Year, exact model, PDK/Manual?

There was a perceived issue with the SharkWerks X-Pipe vibrating or buzzing at idle on some of the 3.4L PDK cars. What have you got?
Hi hawc, so far no vibe or buzz that have noticed at idle. May be just too giddy to have noticed . Thought it would have been a bit louder when stompin on it tho. Car is 2016 Black Edition Coupe, 3.4L, PDK, non-pse, non-PASM. Just had shoulder surgery so i'm kinda hung up at the moment, no tweaking for me. Within the last week UPS/FedEx has dropped off a bunch of stuff but it's just gonna have to wait...sooooo bummed (arm in sling 4 weeks) and typin with one finger too...lol

Was also thinkin bout doin AWE next, just for comparison. I kinda like the look of the "dual" tips instead of the stock oval. Might make sense to order together (pipe with tips) costwise. Might see an x-pipe in classifieds soon
Old 01-23-2016, 08:15 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear. Hope your shoulder heals quickly. Love to hear a driveway sound clip of the car.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks x-pipe installed