Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 04:57 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 276 Posts

Good luck and have fun! Rear engine dynamics are great fun to learn. Slower in fast out is your friend

I learned to track cars on 993s and love how the 911 transforms on the track! All of the unusual body movement that feels so different on the street disappear as the car is gets into its element in hard driving.

VERY different from M3/M4 experience, enjoy!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

I don't know whether this tip will work for everyone but it certainly worked for me.

When I first started to track around 2 years ago, my first instructor advised me that if possible, for the first 3-4 times, go back to the same track before venturing to new tracks.

The reason he gave was that you need a certain amount of familiarity with the track before you can properly understand/feel how the car behaves. If you are going to new tracks all the time, you spend a lot of time just getting comfortable with the track. Whereas, if you go to the same track for the first few times, you worry less about the track and can focus on how the car. For me, it made going to my second track so much easier.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,422 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I don't know whether this tip will work for everyone but it certainly worked for me.

When I first started to track around 2 years ago, my first instructor advised me that if possible, for the first 3-4 times, go back to the same track before venturing to new tracks.

The reason he gave was that you need a certain amount of familiarity with the track before you can properly understand/feel how the car behaves. If you are going to new tracks all the time, you spend a lot of time just getting comfortable with the track. Whereas, if you go to the same track for the first few times, you worry less about the track and can focus on how the car. For me, it made going to my second track so much easier.
Good advice.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:31 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Have a great time. You never stop learning. I try to do a new track each year.

Early morning Mid Ohio.

Quick Reply: Track Days