Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

I am looking at an almost perfect CPO 991.2 GTS - if it weren't for the Bordeaux colored seat belts. (I would accept Red... But not Burgundy).

So, we are looking at $1.4k to $2k to switch all four?

Maybe I can tell the selling dealer that the seatbelt swap is a condition of me buying the car, and they can eat the costs.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:12 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I am looking at an almost perfect CPO 991.2 GTS - if it weren't for the Bordeaux colored seat belts. (I would accept Red... But not Burgundy).

Maybe I can tell the selling dealer that the seatbelt swap is a condition of me buying the car, and they can eat the costs.
i bet you could workout a deal for free labor but you would still need to pay for the belts which is 1400
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

I would like to go back to black with my seat belts. I have silver belts in my AMG and my GTS and on both cars they are getting dirty. The steering wheel, shifter, and seat belts are the things that you touch every time you get in your car... the oil from your hands transfers. In addition to that, seat belts transfer the dye from denim.

If it were not for the $1,400 plus labor, I’d replace my silver seat belts.
The following users liked this post:
Mustache (01-10-2020)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic

that's not an OEM color, are you sure you dont mean Carmine red??? - unless they were a CXX order (which I doubt) if they are not OEM not sure how they can CPO the car?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:18 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
that's not an OEM color, are you sure you dont mean Carmine red??? - unless they were a CXX order (which I doubt) if they are not OEM not sure how they can CPO the car?
bordeux is a seat belt color option on the 991.2
Old 08-02-2021, 12:56 PM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Thinking on changing out ONLY the front seat belts (black to yellow) and NOT the rears. No one can really see in the back of the car and my seat belts usually end up tucked in behind the seats anyway and for whatever reason (maybe I have myself talked into it) don't think the belts in back in yellow make that much of difference and don't flow as well as the front belts in deviated color.

So, I gotta ask; is this:

1) . No big deal
2) . I am on a barstool and doing the front and not the rears would be totally JUCO/Mickey Mouse ...

Thanks,
Tim

Old 08-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboTim
Thinking on changing out ONLY the front seat belts (black to yellow) and NOT the rears. No one can really see in the back of the car and my seat belts usually end up tucked in behind the seats anyway and for whatever reason (maybe I have myself talked into it) don't think the belts in back in yellow make that much of difference and don't flow as well as the front belts in deviated color.

1) . No big deal
2) . I am on a barstool and doing the front and not the rears would be totally JUCO/Mickey Mouse ...

Thanks,
Tim
I saw a black 991.1 for sale like this before, different color combo though, this car had red belts up front with the black in the back. They looked just fine with only the fronts done, although having the front and rears done would look better.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:47 PM
cutlass476
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Anyone done it? Approximately how much would this cost? Think having some red belts might be a fun way to cheaply customize my interior. Would want to do F + R if it wasn't too much $$.
Try these guys out. Your car will be down for about a week. You have to remove your current belts and tensioners, then ship to them in South Florida. They remove factory belts and reinstall new webbing in one of the colors they offer. Only $490 for all four belts.

https://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com...er%2FBlue.html
991TurboTim (08-03-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 05:21 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

1) . No big deal

Thanks,
Tim
Yes, get off the barstool and do all 4. You will not regret it. Adding some color to those black seats just looks amazing.

Did all 4 of mine and used this company:

https://www.safetyrestore.com/

Icebreaker (08-02-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 04:36 AM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

1) . No big deal

Thanks,
Tim
I learned about re-webbing from this video. Plus some detail on the R&R of all 4 belts. Definitely seems like a great option if you're considering changing belts.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 AM
jimmiejam
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass476
Try these guys out. Your car will be down for about a week. You have to remove your current belts and tensioners, then ship to them in South Florida. They remove factory belts and reinstall new webbing in one of the colors they offer. Only $490 for all four belts.

https://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com...er%2FBlue.html
I have been to his shop. Mello is very helpful and open with excellent advise. He told me that he would charge $500 to do the swap if I brought the car in. However, he said that if you are a little mechanical, I could do it myself and offered to show me some "tricks" if I stop by with the car. I have a Cab and they are more complicated rears. They just re-web your oem assemblies...FWIW

Related to a above post, doing the fronts only I have no problem with at all.

Last edited by jimmiejam; 08-03-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:50 AM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and sources for the new webbing. In looking closely at the belts that are for sale they look a bit dirty which is a but surprising, plus they want $499 for them.
All four (4) it is then!
TK

Quick Reply: Changing seat belts