Sponsored by:

Experience with Vorsteiner

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Briby
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Vorsteiner

Anyone have any experience with Vorsteiner - wheels in this case? Saw the gallery below the other day (anyone know if we can embed images in iframes to avoid having to link elsewhere?), and always associate them with more...ummm...garish exotics. But I thought the look on the 991 was actually really clean.

http://www.motoroso.com/vorsteiner/G...3FF-101-Wheels

Any info or opinions are appreciated.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

They make great body/aero kits. No doubt. Super high quality. Wheels seem nice too, but not what their main gig is. I think they're a great deal for the price (flow formed).

For wheels, I'd look at HRE or Forgeline. Can't go wrong.

Last edited by STG; 12-30-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,993 Likes on 5,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Briby
Anyone have any experience with Vorsteiner - wheels in this case? Saw the gallery below the other day (anyone know if we can embed images in iframes to avoid having to link elsewhere?), and always associate them with more...ummm...garish exotics. But I thought the look on the 991 was actually really clean.

Overpriced products made from a manufacturer based in Garden Grove, CA (that's essentially Los Angeles for those curious) pretending to be a German/Euro marque with a fake made up name.

Aside from masquerading as a pimped out imported product, there are numerous issues with fitment of many of their products.

I would stay away.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 760 Posts

I have not seen that to be the case. Product is good quality that I have received and never felt the company posed as anything other than what they are.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always thought the carbon fiber aero stuff was supposed to be about the highest quality others are compared to?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:15 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I've NEVER heard anything negative about their quality or fitment. Easy to just bash a company with someone's own "opinion". Really, criticizing a name and where they're based out of? Company name doesn't sound "west coast", but "euro"? I'd say a personal option rather than anything based on FACTS.

Does Apple sound too Georgia rather than Northern CA?

Ford Mustang more Texas than Detroit?

I can go on .... Probably some good ones you guys can think of.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:47 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,416 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Briby

We sell the entire Vorsteiner line up.

The Vorsteiner Flow Forged wheels are of high quality and offer a superb strength/lightweight option for those customers who dont want to spend a ton of $$ on Forged wheels. Fitments are on point so no spacers are required. Custom finishing available. Variety of center cap options are also available.

Vorsteiner spent a lot of time and $$ developing their Flow Forged wheel program. Buy in confidence.

If you are interested in Vorsteiner Aero or Wheels shoot me a PM or email and I would be happy to take care of you. We also carry many other high performance upgrades for your Porsche and can discuss various options as well. We offer our low price guarantee, best service, unbiased expert assistance.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^
I just sent you a PM...
Old 12-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
They make great body/aero kits. No doubt. Super high quality. Wheels seem nice too, but not what their main gig is. I think they're a great deal for the price (flow formed).

+1
Old 12-30-2015, 02:17 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by STG991

Would be happy to quote HRE or Forgeline as well if the budget permits. 👍👍
Old 06-02-2022, 08:25 PM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default color code

question - as I am looking to re-finish my rims (others may benefit from this in future) and I don't want to get the sparkle level or color wrong can you share the technical color name and hue? Looking for majestic black and carbon graphite. Would be really helpful.
Originally Posted by SupremePower
We sell the entire Vorsteiner line up.

The Vorsteiner Flow Forged wheels are of high quality and offer a superb strength/lightweight option for those customers who dont want to spend a ton of $$ on Forged wheels. Fitments are on point so no spacers are required. Custom finishing available. Variety of center cap options are also available.

Vorsteiner spent a lot of time and $$ developing their Flow Forged wheel program. Buy in confidence.

If you are interested in Vorsteiner Aero or Wheels shoot me a PM or email and I would be happy to take care of you. We also carry many other high performance upgrades for your Porsche and can discuss various options as well. We offer our low price guarantee, best service, unbiased expert assistance.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:45 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by driven991.1
question - as I am looking to re-finish my rims (others may benefit from this in future) and I don't want to get the sparkle level or color wrong can you share the technical color name and hue? Looking for majestic black and carbon graphite. Would be really helpful.
Best bet is to try http://www.prismaticpowders.com and you can order free swatches to see if they match what you need....if you are doing all 4 may be a good opportunity to do a nicer color too
Old 06-03-2022, 05:39 PM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best bet is to try http://www.prismaticpowders.com and you can order free swatches to see if they match what you need....if you are doing all 4 may be a good opportunity to do a nicer color too
Just 1 rim unless the store tells me the other one they also repaired now needs a powder coat.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:50 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by driven991.1
Just 1 rim unless the store tells me the other one they also repaired now needs a powder coat.
Its going to be nearly impossible for match if they are planning on refinishing only 1 wheel completely.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:11 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,170 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Eric - do you recommend powder coat on wheels? I know BBS says no. HRE says yes, low temp is fine. I'm guessing if done right by a reputable shop, it's fine. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Experience with Vorsteiner