Experience with Vorsteiner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022 | 08:15 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Eric - do you recommend powder coat on wheels? I know BBS says no. HRE says yes, low temp is fine. I'm guessing if done right by a reputable shop, it's fine. Thanks!
I would avoid powdercoating the Vorsteiner. It can reduce the structural integrity of the Vorsteiner Flow Form and you can be susceptible to cracking especially the inner barrel. Best to cold strip if stripping and liquid paint if possible.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 06-03-2022 | 08:22 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SupremePower
I would avoid powdercoating the Vorsteiner. It can reduce the structural integrity of the Vorsteiner Flow Form and you can be susceptible to cracking especially the inner barrel. Best to cold strip if stripping and liquid paint if possible.
Thanks! My thinking/question was mostly around OEM, but totally understand for Vorsteiner due to the structure of the wheel, that wouldn't be the best idea. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Experience with Vorsteiner