Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
I love this thread
haha I think we ALL do Let us know if you have any questions about anything seen here.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 01-05-2017, 03:23 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i am partial to the P107s myself.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Porsche 991 S with HRE P101 Wheels in Brushed Red by Wheel Enhancement!

Thank you for checking out our gallery!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Porsche 991 Turbo S Cab with HRE P200 Wheels in Brushed Dark Clear

Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Bold color choice for this HRE P106 wheel in Brushed Copper! What are your thoughts?

Old 04-23-2017, 11:40 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I'm down to the wire on picking the color for the P101s for my Agate 4S and find myself conflicted. Black is certainly out for me. I'm also trying to stay away from a nearly 100% match to agate. I've been on the verge of going with just brushed clear but am afraid it will be a bit too bright and blingy, but I've also worried that brushed dark clear would be too monotone.

Edit: I've since found out the Cayman was the now-obsolete Brushed Tinted Clear, not Brush Dark Clear.
A game changer may have just happened for me when I saw an agate Cayman with a brushed dark clear in the post that STG made way back in post 9. I've found some other photos of that car as well. See the first two photos below. Then in the third photo is an agate 991.2 with brushed dark clear, but it looks pretty danged monotone.

After seeing the Cayman I may have changed my mind in favor of the brushed dark clear. I don't think it is too monotone at all. Brushed titanium is also still not dismissed though. I've seen some photos where it seems to be a little lighter than brushed dark clear, but is it really just a satin version of that and catches the light differently? Or is it actually a lighter grey?

I'd appreciate any input anyone has on these tints.
\\

But another brushed dark clear looks almost completely monotone. Different lighting or does the finish come out differently sometime?

And here's a McLaren with a similar-to-agate paint job (a more true gray perhaps) and brushed titanium wheels just for a sample of those...

Last edited by StormRune; 04-25-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some picks of Brushed Dark Clear, hope it helps in your decision. I love them against my black car, difficult to say how they'd look on Agate.

HRE's are certainly sweet though - it's the first compliment I get every time.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:19 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Ooooo... very nice! Centerlocks too. Looks great on black with ceramics for sure! That last photo especially makes me more optimistic that they aren't as dark as I've been fearing.
Thank you for the help!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:25 AM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Ooooo... very nice! Centerlocks too. Looks great on black with ceramics for sure! That last photo especially makes me more optimistic that they aren't as dark as I've been fearing.
Thank you for the help!
NP, glad it helped. I tried to provide some pics under varying light. They look great on the Cayman pics you uploaded, I think you'll love that color.

I went 21's with a GMG lowering kit. I don't like the totally "slammed" look, these seemed to be just about right... Not too low, just enough.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

You can't go wrong with either three options. It's true that both the Brushed Titanium and Brushed Dark Clear have the same tone of grey but the Brushed Ti has that satin clear while the BDC has more of a glossy look. The Brushed Clear is a whole other ball game as you can see below.

Brushed Dark Clear

Brushed Titanium

Brushed Clear
Old 04-24-2017, 02:35 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

I appreciate everyone's advice here and on the PM back-channels as well. Hawkeye's photos and the comparison shots from David at WheelsBoutique helps me nail it, plus STG had previously advised me in that direction as well. I'm thinking that the sample "cap" with brushed dark clear that HRE sent to me was unusually dark for some reason as none of the photos I'm seeing appear anywhere near that dark (see photo). I'll be looking forward to seeing getting the dark clear P101s on the car soon.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:36 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Thank you for the help!

The brushed Dark Clear finish is certainly one of our all time favorites. That said, the Brushed Titanium certainly appears brighter. Although the shade is technically the same, the Matte Finish catches light much differently. I think it might play with the Agate a bitt better truthfully.

Here is the Brushed Dark Clear against our Silver Turbo S.

And against white.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports

The brushed Dark Clear finish is certainly one of our all time favorites. That said, the Brushed Titanium certainly appears brighter. Although the shade is technically the same, the Matte Finish catches light much differently. I think it might play with the Agate a bitt better truthfully.
Ah, okay, I was wondering that too based upon the McLaren photo earlier too. Are there any practicality/maintenance differences between the more glossy finishes and the satin? I already have ultra-low-dust ceramic pads so I don't have as much trouble with dusting as the OEM pads do.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:33 PM
nycpassat
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

FF in IPA
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2017, 01:39 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Porsche 991 Turbo with HRE P101 Wheels in Gloss Black