Sponsored by:

Initial impressions, 1st time 911 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:22 PM
08bonnie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Initial impressions, 1st time 911 owner

Just a brief run-down of my experience as a first time Porsche newbie.

As a long time lurker I chimed in a few weeks ago to ask a question about a 2013 midnight blue 991s I had located in Miami. This car hit all my my must-haves as a one car owner, lightly optioned, Yachting Blue Interior (only color I wanted) car. The color was really what attracted me to be honest. A few of the members answered back with some useful insight and information about PPI and what to look for when entering the 911 market. I ended up purchasing that car and I have now put about 500 miles on it and am very impressed.

I use the car as my DD (about 20 miles per day) and have just fallen in love with it. I was concerned that it would be obnoxiously loud and that the suspension would be too harsh, boy how I was wrong. It is so civilized and comfortable when not in sport mode and the power, fit and finish and technology are second to none. Even when in Sport mode and with suspension set to firm it is very comfortable. I love all the options on this car and I have been pleasantly surprised by the Bose system. Coming from a BMW 535i with 'upgraded' factory sound I can tell you that the Bose in this car is much much better. The Bluetooth integration is hassle-free, the PCM is intuitive and works fantastically well. I especially love the Sport Exhaust and PASM. My two young children fit comfortably in the back seats and there is plenty of room in the frunk for my daily necessities. I don't have the fancy seats with the 18 way functions and I thought I would miss those but I don't. The 4-way sport plus seats are just awesome. So supportive and much more comfortable than the BMW sport upgraded seats. I think the only option I would have spec'd had I ordered the car would have been the comfort access and drive package. Digging for the key is something you shouldn't have to do in a car of this price. So there you have it, another satisfied customer. How very lucky I feel to be able to experience the thrill of this car every day. Ride safe and thanks for your help with the purchase.
Dave
Attached Images      
Old 12-06-2015, 02:48 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

Excellent.

I've had mine for 22 months and it just turned 40K miles. Smiling all the way.

Enjoy and drive it until the wheels fall off.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:22 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Enjoy and drive it until the wheels fall off.
Don't say that as my wheel "DID" fall off....

Love the blue interior.. Drive and enjoy...safely...
Old 12-06-2015, 03:34 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
Don't say that as my wheel "DID" fall off....
Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I picked my 2015 991s up today from OPD after they had carried out some service work.. Drove the car approx 4 miles before a wheel vibration started, so called Porsche who said turn around and come back. On the return journey the front near side wheel fell off and the car collapsed on the side of the road.

Whoops. ^^^ Don't drive the wheels off in this fashion. ^^^
Old 12-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08bonnie
Just a brief run-down of my experience as a first time Porsche newbie.

As a long time lurker I chimed in a few weeks ago to ask a question about a 2013 midnight blue 991s I had located in Miami. This car hit all my my must-haves as a one car owner, lightly optioned, Yachting Blue Interior (only color I wanted) car. The color was really what attracted me to be honest. A few of the members answered back with some useful insight and information about PPI and what to look for when entering the 911 market. I ended up purchasing that car and I have now put about 500 miles on it and am very impressed.

I use the car as my DD (about 20 miles per day) and have just fallen in love with it. I was concerned that it would be obnoxiously loud and that the suspension would be too harsh, boy how I was wrong. It is so civilized and comfortable when not in sport mode and the power, fit and finish and technology are second to none. Even when in Sport mode and with suspension set to firm it is very comfortable. I love all the options on this car and I have been pleasantly surprised by the Bose system. Coming from a BMW 535i with 'upgraded' factory sound I can tell you that the Bose in this car is much much better. The Bluetooth integration is hassle-free, the PCM is intuitive and works fantastically well. I especially love the Sport Exhaust and PASM. My two young children fit comfortably in the back seats and there is plenty of room in the frunk for my daily necessities. I don't have the fancy seats with the 18 way functions and I thought I would miss those but I don't. The 4-way sport plus seats are just awesome. So supportive and much more comfortable than the BMW sport upgraded seats. I think the only option I would have spec'd had I ordered the car would have been the comfort access and drive package. Digging for the key is something you shouldn't have to do in a car of this price. So there you have it, another satisfied customer. How very lucky I feel to be able to experience the thrill of this car every day. Ride safe and thanks for your help with the purchase.
Dave
Sounds like a happy marriage, indeed.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Madmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, great colour. 991 is a great DD, one of the things that really surprises me about the car.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:03 PM
08bonnie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madmac
Congrats, great colour. 991 is a great DD, one of the things that really surprises me about the car.
Thanks. After almost a month of living with the car I continue to be more impressed with it. I've lost count of how many people have told me how much they love the color and the car. A few have stopped me to talk about it in more detail and told me how the 911 has always been their dream car. To which I reply, "It's always been mine too!".
Like I mentioned in a previous post, had I been more 'sophisticated' I probably would have waited for a more heavily optioned car. I am missing the Entry / Drive keyless option and I would have also liked to have parking sensors and a back up camera but the most important feature for me was the Yachting Blue interior and there just aren't many of those around. I see more red interiors which surprises me.
David
Tampa
Old 12-18-2015, 12:07 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Initial impressions, 1st time 911 owner