Sponsored by:

Expel Price Double Suntek?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidvicious7
As a matter of fact my installer waxes the film immediately after installation.
Intrigue how he did this because I was told after my XPEL and Sunteck wrap not too even wash the car for a week until the wrap has cured to the car.. How was your wrap fitted? Are they not all fitted wet?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My shop uses Xpel ultimate. They did the full hood, fenders, front bumper and mirrors for $ 1150.00. It looks so good that I am seriously considering getting the whole car wrapped.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:29 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
Intrigue how he did this because I was told after my XPEL and Sunteck wrap not too even wash the car for a week until the wrap has cured to the car.. How was your wrap fitted? Are they not all fitted wet?
Well that might be because hes concerned a regular person, or machine could lift the film(?) I know my detailer, who works with my Clear Bra guy, will opti-coat the film once hes done installing it.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by Zucc
My shop uses Xpel ultimate. They did the full hood, fenders, front bumper and mirrors for $ 1150.00. It looks so good that I am seriously considering getting the whole car wrapped.
That's a great deal! For those parts, the lowest quote I got so far is $1350.
So you didn't get rockers and behind the rear wheel? Why not? I'm wondering if it is necessary for my GT4.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:39 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by MrNurse
That's a great deal! For those parts, the lowest quote I got so far is $1350.
So you didn't get rockers and behind the rear wheel? Why not? I'm wondering if it is necessary for my GT4.
I am right around your quoted price, going with XPel. I am getting the rear of the wheel done based on advice from members here, that piece comes with the rockers. I however am not doing the rockers as mine are not painted.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:11 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
I am right around your quoted price, going with XPel. I am getting the rear of the wheel done based on advice from members here, that piece comes with the rockers. I however am not doing the rockers as mine are not painted.
Ah okay. I'm also looking to get "Rockers including behind rear wheel" which is an extra $500 on top of the $1350 for the Front bumper, full hood, front fenders and mirrors. I see your close to my location. Sending you a PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I think I was told something like 72 hours for cure (in California, so it was probably 80s+) after my Xpel Ultimate went on, after which I immediately washed and waxed with no issues. My understanding is that it will yellow if exposed to the sun without wax, in fact the paperwork that it came with recommended monthly waxes. I probably wax about every 2 or 3 months, and haven't had any discoloration yet, although it's only been about 15 months.

I think I paid $1450 or so at a shop that sounded pretty good based on Yelp reviews. They did the headlights, because it was before I heard about the issues with them, but didn't have any problems.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, looks like I'll stick with Xpel.

1. No response to my prior questions.
2. Previous experience with Agate Gray 981 BS and Platinum Silver 991 C2s
3. Went to Suntek web site to get list of installers (as is done on Xpel site). No list. Contacted Suntek west coast, explained need for wrapping white Porsche. Reply came with one referral - a shop specializing in sprayed pickup truck bed liners that also does PPF, still advertising 3M even though they apparently switched to Suntek a year ago.

No, I don't work for Xpel nor do I have any vested interest. I'm quite certain that Suntek is a good product based on many positive references here and on other forums. That being stated I think I'd rather purchase a product supplied by a focused specialty manufacturer, not from an organization that is now a division of a larger company with what appears to be less focus on the auto PPF market.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Gordon
Old 02-21-2016, 09:48 AM
jsragman
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Can you tell us where you received that price?

Quick Reply: Expel Price Double Suntek?