Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding SPASM sway bars to a non-PASM C2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Gem Mookherjea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
Gem, I noticed you tried the GT3 sway bars with the Tarrett links. What specifically did you not like about that set up?

Thanks for discussing.
more than happy to share:

I'm a pretty big fan of most things Tarrett, its really not a question of not like as much as it just didnt fit right to thoroughly try out.

in this instance, the porsche OE gt3 991 bar I tried, doesnt line up to the same locations as the OE 991S bars, thus, the resulting drop link geometry is not good for the desired results, there is bind past a certain steering angle.

The 991 gt3 uses a longer drop link and also mounts to a different location on the upright than the 991s factory links, so simply swapping the front sway bar from a gt3 to a non gt3 chassis isnt ideal. Though would have been nice.

A new front bar is needed, or you could perhaps use the Tarret extension mount that may have worked better but to use that mount you need to be on an aftermarket shock. Couldnt try it.

I'm still on pasm and plan to use the 991 DSC next and finally play with coils/stiffer rates and check my lap times again.

So far the 991Tarret camber hats+KW 991 HAS kit+TPC 991bars has made me faster at my local track and more stable and controllable using higher traction compounds, which was a challenge with my factory PASM non SPASM setup.

I'm on the dunlop sport race maxx rubber which is a 80 treadwear tire thats great for track work. Sticky.

Kudos to powergrid inc for a neat ball jointed drop link that works great in such a short center to center.

hope that helps
Old 11-17-2015, 10:36 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gem Mookherjea
more than happy to share:

I'm a pretty big fan of most things Tarrett, its really not a question of not like as much as it just didnt fit right to thoroughly try out.

in this instance, the porsche OE gt3 991 bar I tried, doesnt line up to the same locations as the OE 991S bars, thus, the resulting drop link geometry is not good for the desired results, there is bind past a certain steering angle.

The 991 gt3 uses a longer drop link and also mounts to a different location on the upright than the 991s factory links, so simply swapping the front sway bar from a gt3 to a non gt3 chassis isnt ideal. Though would have been nice.

A new front bar is needed, or you could perhaps use the Tarret extension mount that may have worked better but to use that mount you need to be on an aftermarket shock. Couldnt try it.

I'm still on pasm and plan to use the 991 DSC next and finally play with coils/stiffer rates and check my lap times again.

So far the 991Tarret camber hats+KW 991 HAS kit+TPC 991bars has made me faster at my local track and more stable and controllable using higher traction compounds, which was a challenge with my factory PASM non SPASM setup.

I'm on the dunlop sport race maxx rubber which is a 80 treadwear tire thats great for track work. Sticky.

Kudos to powergrid inc for a neat ball jointed drop link that works great in such a short center to center.

hope that helps
Thanks Gem. It helps a lot. I've turned my car in to put on coilovers and the GT3 sway bars. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Adding SPASM sway bars to a non-PASM C2?