Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:11 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I may have to stick it out now but, I won’t be happy since they clearly misrepresented the wait time. If they got overwhelmed with bookings yet, decided to not do what PEC Atlanta has done (2/day)… then they should have contacted every single buyer whom they told 4-6 weeks & told them of the revised extra wait time …while there was still time to cancel & get on the correct ship! In my case, a ship that goes to San Diego. If they had told me, even a few days earlier, I probably could have canceled, got a different ship & had my car mid December.

In fact they actually did not reach out to tell me. I contacted them.

I was going to go to PEC anyway & pay $500 for track time. I can still do that, anytime, w/o the delivery experience.

Problem now is my ship is headed to Houston & not San Diego.

I’ll see what actual date they offer, which will likely be a February date & how much time I can save by cancelling & if they will try to make me pay to truck my car from Houston to Phoenix.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:04 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
I was going to go to PEC anyway & pay $500 for track time. I can still do that, anytime, w/o the delivery experience.

Problem now is my ship is headed to Houston & not San Diego.
I went through the same hassle last year. Checked the box for PEC Atlanta. Then the car got built, and then they added 8 weeks on top of the original schedule. I ended up canceling PEC but somehow my car still sat in port for an unreasonably long time (showed up late).
I also asked if I could just travel to Atlanta at a later date to get the "experience day" and they said no.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:38 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Yikes! This is all making me a bit nervous about the "delivery at PEC ATL within 4 weeks of the car landing in Houston" that I was told a month or so ago.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-19-2018, 06:28 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8
I went through the same hassle last year. Checked the box for PEC Atlanta. Then the car got built, and then they added 8 weeks on top of the original schedule. I ended up canceling PEC but somehow my car still sat in port for an unreasonably long time (showed up late).
I also asked if I could just travel to Atlanta at a later date to get the "experience day" and they said no.
You can't get the same "Experience Day" but you certainly can purchase the 90 minute track time, as many people do who did not buy a Porsche!
So you buy your own lunch or eat somewhere else for much less $$.
You will not get a GUIDED tour but I assume you can still visit the museum (IDK if it is free or you pay.)
I think most local dealers do an unveiling with the cloth covering your car in their showroom & your SA will spend time showing you all the features.

You will have to take your own photos of the car.

IDK what swag you would get, that you will miss out on. Jacket? Hat? I doubt it. Maybe a pen?
I don't want to wait 2 months extra for the gifts & free lunch. (I'm not counting the track time bc I PAY for that... same as if I just go there now or anytime.)

When I read descriptions of how wonderful the PEC delivery is, people mostly rave about the track time. I will do that anyway.

For me, this may not work out well, since my car is probably headed for Houston & IDK how soon they can truck it to my local dealer. So far, no reply to my email asking about this & projected delivery date if I cancel.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 AM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tom,

You are going to love the 2019 911 Carrera GTS. I don't know how you configured it, but with the PDCC and the rear wheel steering, it annihilates corners. The thrust from the two large turbos is really impressive, and I love the sound inside and outside the car. What a machine...enjoy!
Old 11-20-2018, 10:57 AM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Update on Shanghai Highway ... current schedule indicates that it should be arriving in Charleston SC tomorrow morning around 4 am ... based on its current location, it seems generally on track to be within a few hours of that target. As I suspect that this is a Roll-On stop, the time spent in Charleston is likely to be somewhat longer than the Roll-Off stop in Halifax. While I have no evidence regarding what the cargo is, I know that one major supplier in the area is Volvo.

At this point, all indications are that we are nearly three days behind schedule ... unfortunately that may translate into the shifting of the California arrival dates (San Diego 12/3 > 12/6 and Benicia 12/6 > 12/9) [Let's hope that I am wrong!]
Old 11-20-2018, 11:17 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

The Goodwood has left Emden for the USA. Haven't heard if my car is on it but have been given a hint by PEC ATL that it may be. Should know no later than tomorrow. Anyone else know that their car is on the Goodwood?

God bless,
TT
Old 11-20-2018, 11:26 AM
KShep
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
The Goodwood has left Emden for the USA. Haven't heard if my car is on it but have been given a hint by PEC ATL that it may be. Should know no later than tomorrow. Anyone else know that their car is on the Goodwood?

God bless,
TT
I am hoping that the Targa made it on Goodwood. According to SA it's been sitting at the port for a few weeks now. ATL delivery still listed Dec. 21st as of last week though.
Hope yours made it on there Tom.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by KShep
I am hoping that the Targa made it on Goodwood. According to SA it's been sitting at the port for a few weeks now. ATL delivery still listed Dec. 21st as of last week though.
Hope yours made it on there Tom.
Thanks, KShep. That's about when I'm hoping for PEC ATL delivery, too. Mine had been sitting at Emden for a bit over two weeks as of this past weekend.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God bless,
TT
Got an email from my SA this morning saying my GTS is on the boat! Hoping yours and KShep’s are on the Goodwood as well.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:50 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shap96

Got an email from my SA this morning saying my GTS is on the boat! Hoping yours and KShep’s are on the Goodwood as well.
Thanks, Shap. So glad yours made it!

God bless,
TT
Old 11-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Shap96
Instructor

God bless,
TT
Thanks, extremely excited.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:10 PM
KShep
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

God bless,
TT
Ditto Shap...your wait will be over soon.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Originally Posted by KShep
Ditto Shap...your wait will be over soon.
Fingers are crossed for uneventful Atlantic cruise & quick port entry/exit.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:13 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by saundebn
Update on Shanghai Highway ... current schedule indicates that it should be arriving in Charleston SC tomorrow morning around 4 am ... based on its current location, it seems generally on track to be within a few hours of that target. As I suspect that this is a Roll-On stop, the time spent in Charleston is likely to be somewhat longer than the Roll-Off stop in Halifax. While I have no evidence regarding what the cargo is, I know that one major supplier in the area is Volvo.

At this point, all indications are that we are nearly three days behind schedule ... unfortunately that may translate into the shifting of the California arrival dates (San Diego 12/3 > 12/6 and Benicia 12/6 > 12/9) [Let's hope that I am wrong!]
Thanks for that update.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!