Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 11:19 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Nice build indeed. But, unless you are in traffic all day, the PDK is not what I would option.

My Targa4 GTS with MT is light years from the PDK TT car I left. The difference in experience is night and day. PDK is quick, but uninspiring. MT is what sports cars should be, and the MT in the GTS is much more fun to drive than any PDK car.

Just my opinion.

Why do guys have to do this here all the time?
The guy got his car the way he wants it and is obviously excited about it. Does he really need people telling him what he should have done with his money. These posts always come off as rude to me. Just congratulate him on a car he is very excited about or post nothing at all in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim1911
Like many, I am truly excited for my PEC delivery next week! I have done a good bit of research over the year using the site but after I ordered this summer, I was scared to post anything until I new my new Targa 4 was on the boat! Buying experience was terrific in Austin. I was warned about PEC delays and did not experience one thank goodness. Also told it was next to impossible to secure an allocation for a Targa 4 but they found me one. Return trip will take us to Asheville, over to Nashville, Little Rock then home. Trip of a lifetime. Check it out. I am happy to answer any questions.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6JQ360
Nice build Jim.
Interestingly when I click on the link it says PEC delivery not available. I wonder if they have temporarily stopped that for some reason.
Please give a write up on the delivery center experience when you get home and enjoy the trip!
Old 11-06-2017, 11:43 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I enjoyed PEC Atlanta May 2016. We had separate driving instructors during same frame. Nice people there. Delivery for me was at a Seattle area dealer though. Enjoy the experience.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 PM
wbru49
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Night Blue Metallic over Black/Bordeaux Red?

I'm just getting started at this. My last Porsche was a '83 944 in pewter metallic. Yep, I’m that old. So, while I can still drive a manual, a Carerra S seems “timely” and thus have spent hours on the Configurator and the Forum. With the vintage XKE in Westminster blue in mind (below), I think Night Blue Metallic over Black/Bordeaux Red would be a close approximation and look good, though I may be getting color blind. However, I can’t find anywhere on the Forum where this combination comes up (that should tell me something). Nevertheless, I’d be grateful for your thoughts.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wbru49
I'm just getting started at this. My last Porsche was a '83 944 in pewter metallic. Yep, I’m that old. So, while I can still drive a manual, a Carerra S seems “timely” and thus have spent hours on the Configurator and the Forum. With the vintage XKE in Westminster blue in mind (below), I think Night Blue Metallic over Black/Bordeaux Red would be a close approximation and look good, though I may be getting color blind. However, I can’t find anywhere on the Forum where this combination comes up (that should tell me something). Nevertheless, I’d be grateful for your thoughts.

First of all congrats! I just spent some time trying to google nbm over black\bordeaux. No luck. Hopefully someone else on here will do better than me. Perhaps rennlister ”macanakey” has that interior or knows someone that does. That said nbm is one of the best colors, the black/Bordeaux looks fantastic, and your “close enough” example looks fabulous to me. Good luck throughout the process. One of the best parts is configuring the car to your wishes. Check back in when you get it!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Classy, but unusual combination. Nothing particularly wrong with that combo. Nice Jag! From your post, it isn't clear that it is yours?
Old 11-15-2017, 04:34 AM
wbru49
8th Gear

Thank you very much. The E type is not mine; previous cars (a mishmash potpourri) include '66 MGB; '74 Firebird 400; '78 Z; '83 944; '79 BMW 635 Euro; Cobra repro; and currently '02 Lexus SC 430 and 08 Shelby. I'll get back to you in the future, but did find this same color combination: https://porschesantabarbara.com/inve...tallic+1250479.
Thank you again. All the best.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:52 AM
florre
Track Day

Hi everyone,

This will be my first post here, just placed an order of the Carrera GTS, delivery in April next year, cant wait. This will also be my first 911, currently driving a Macan S.

Here´s the spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJWCLCN8

Last edited by florre; 11-19-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Hard to tell. Icelandic or danish language?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:49 AM
florre
Track Day

Originally Posted by seapar
Hard to tell. Icelandic or danish language?
Swedish Sorry, can change the configuraton to english.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Saw the configuration in English. Nice low optioned GTS the way you want it.
Why power steering plus? For parking?
Why gts off doors? Subtle with black on agate gray.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM
florre
Track Day

Originally Posted by seapar
Saw the configuration in English. Nice low optioned GTS the way you want it.
Why power steering plus? For parking?
Why gts off doors? Subtle with black on agate gray.
Yes, I will use it as a daily driver and mostly in the city and that includes a lot of parking. Regarding the logo on the door, I think I prefer the clean look, not a big fan of stickers.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM
c2s-991-2
8th Gear

Check out this https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9689...-owners-2.html which includes Night Blue with Black Bordeaux - I have mine ordered in this combo with delivery late December (should have been Nov 23 but my options pushed it out)
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm kinda partial to Night Blue with Black/Bordeaux. My 17 Targa 4S always draws a crowd!
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by florre
Yes, I will use it as a daily driver and mostly in the city and that includes a lot of parking. Regarding the logo on the door, I think I prefer the clean look, not a big fan of stickers.
You might want to consider rear axle steering. Porsche sports cars have a horrible turning radius, and on top of that it becomes rather disconcerting when trying to steer to a full lock. Power steering plus isn't going to help that problem.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!