Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem: Bought a Porsche Certified 911.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:26 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow, tough crowd.

But I wanted to second the Porsche Good to Know App. It's searchable which makes it MUCH easier than fumbling through the manual when you want an answer NOW! I have it on my iPhone.

Good luck with getting things fixed. You will!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:46 PM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dethred
I acted the same way when I was 18 and realized I could be as foolish as I wanted behind a keyboard, and then I became an adult. The Internet is full of people that behave completely differently than if it was an in-person discussion. It's called cowardice.

Contrary to the lazy google images find above, butt-hurt and disappointed are two entirely separate things. Disappointed in what, you might ask? That even on a Porsche forum, people behave like children.
Seems to me there is only one petulant child here. I pity the poor SA that is going to be expected to lick your boots while you whine about your Porsche.

This forum is different than a Civic forum. Way more entitled, egotistical whiners here than any other car forum I know of.

REPORTED
Old 10-13-2015, 09:54 PM
dethred
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
Wow, tough crowd.

But I wanted to second the Porsche Good to Know App. It's searchable which makes it MUCH easier than fumbling through the manual when you want an answer NOW! I have it on my iPhone.

Good luck with getting things fixed. You will!

Thanks, I am definitely going to try that app now. I must have missed the original suggestion among the troll posts.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:56 PM
dethred
Intermediate

Originally Posted by todd92
Seems to me there is only one petulant child here. I pity the poor SA that is going to be expected to lick your boots while you whine about your Porsche.

This forum is different than a Civic forum. Way more entitled, egotistical whiners here than any other car forum I know of.

REPORTED
The civic forums aren't even this bad. You really expect any adult to read that and not shake their head in disgust?

What adult spends their free time trolling a thread, which was started for the purpose of getting advice? I will assume you're either a teenager with mommy and daddy money, or an adult going through a rough time. If it's the latter, I hope you find a resolution to your personal problems ASAP. If it's the former, please focus your energy on getting an education and becoming a productive member of society.

A forum moderator emailed me and mentioned something I hadn't considered: Do you even own one of these cars? Please do tell me, do you act this way in person? If so, how did it go? I'm going to go ahead and guess that you'll just ignore the question and keep trolling. If it makes you happy, and you feel better about yourself, then use the internet as a way to vent your personal problems.

As for whining about my car, I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Yes it has some issues, but apparently you didn't read my other posts... another sign of a troll.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who have to encounter you on a daily basis.

Last edited by dethred; 10-13-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

I recommend a laxative. Or maybe two.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:21 AM
joeyrocks
Advanced

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I recommend a laxative. Or maybe two.
Point proven from my earlier post. Although I must say that the comments are more vicious than comedic.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:15 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyrocks
Point proven from my earlier post. Although I must say that the comments are more vicious than comedic.
I won't say how long I've been online, but let's just say I built my first modem myself with a soldering iron. So I can speak with some authority: this ain't nothin' by the standards of the Internet at large.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:24 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

I think we should defuse this thread and get into a nice friendly PDK vs Manual discussion. That will bring out the best in all of us.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Come ON, people. This forum was created to ask questions, comment, etc, as a friendly community. If you cannot add something of substance, move along. Quit with the negativity! Some folks are very new to the Porsche experience, let alone this awesome (usually) forum.

So consider this my personal warning: be helpful and polite or don't post further on this thread. I am ashamed that fellow Porshephiles cannot help each other out. We were ALL newbies at one time. Try to remember that and have some patience and integrity, please. Thanks.

And a huge CONGRATS to all of you who have had the blessing of owning a beautiful 991. I really enjoy browsing this sub-forum. It is wonderful to see others enjoy their babies. "There is no substitute!"
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,432 Likes on 827 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Come ON, people. This forum was created to ask questions, comment, etc, as a friendly community. If you cannot add something of substance, move along. Quit with the negativity! Some folks are very new to the Porsche experience, let alone this awesome (usually) forum.

So consider this my personal warning: be helpful and polite or don't post further on this thread. I am ashamed that fellow Porshephiles cannot help each other out. We were ALL newbies at one time. Try to remember that and have some patience and integrity, please. Thanks.

And a huge CONGRATS to all of you who have had the blessing of owning a beautiful 991. I really enjoy browsing this sub-forum. It is wonderful to see others enjoy their babies. "There is no substitute!"
I'm sure you'll probably issue me a reprimand or whatever, but I'm not sure what other assistance this gentleman is looking for.

He bought a near new 911.

It has a few issues, the bulk of which are minor and well established.

He has a warranty.

Unless he would like assistance in making a service appointment to rectify these issues, I'm not really sure what he is looking to gain on this.

Insight as to the level of compensation he should receive for a few minor defects on a used car that will be repaired under warranty? I think reason and common sense dictates that this will never happen, as several members stated.

Sometimes the "help" someone needs is a reset of expectations, and that the OP received.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyrocks
Sorry, but when seven of the first 12 posts by a Rennlister involve him freaking out and complaining about other Rennlisters, the only thing that came to mind was that maybe a laxative would help. This forum is about as tame as it gets on the Interwebs.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:43 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

FWIW, I'd be upset (like the OP) if I just bought a CPO Porsche and found a couple of things that should reasonably have been caught during the CPO inspection process. AND, like the OP, it would have made me wonder what else was missed.

With respect to the devolution of the tone of the dialogue, to quote Ringo Starr, "Peace and love, peace and love."
Old 10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Howaboutthat
Instructor

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
FWIW, I'd be upset (like the OP) if I just bought a CPO Porsche and found a couple of things that should reasonably have been caught during the CPO inspection process. AND, like the OP, it would have made me wonder what else was missed.

With respect to the devolution of the tone of the dialogue, to quote Ringo Starr, "Peace and love, peace and love."
Agreed. A CPO typically is rather expensive and should not miss a dysfunctional HVAC system, rattles in likely suspect places and, perhaps, the mirror mix-up. As for an earlier observation about the tech perhaps having the radio too loud to hear the rattles; well, if so, he was not doing his job. As for all of the "rtm" nonsense -- you don't pay extra for a CPO and its presumed peace of mind for this level of service, and the manual does not tell you how to fix the heating system. The OP most likely would not have been complaining about the CPO if the mirror were the only issue (and that is the only one the manual would cover).
Old 10-14-2015, 06:04 PM
todd92
Racer

Originally Posted by Howaboutthat
Agreed. A CPO typically is rather expensive and should not miss a dysfunctional HVAC system, rattles in likely suspect places and, perhaps, the mirror mix-up. As for an earlier observation about the tech perhaps having the radio too loud to hear the rattles; well, if so, he was not doing his job. As for all of the "rtm" nonsense -- you don't pay extra for a CPO and its presumed peace of mind for this level of service, and the manual does not tell you how to fix the heating system. The OP most likely would not have been complaining about the CPO if the mirror were the only issue (and that is the only one the manual would cover).
The only thing you are paying extra for with a CPO is an extended warranty.

COV's can and do fail on a moments notice. The heat could have been working and then not. Rattles come and go. Either one of these may have been missed or may not have existed when the car was checked. Both are minor issues that have been discussed in these forums at length. Both will be fixed under warranty easily.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
mi650
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by todd92
The only thing you are paying extra for with a CPO is an extended warranty.

COV's can and do fail on a moments notice. The heat could have been working and then not. Rattles come and go. Either one of these may have been missed or may not have existed when the car was checked. Both are minor issues that have been discussed in these forums at length. Both will be fixed under warranty easily.

+1, er, +2 actually, since this has happened to me twice.

Quick Reply: Problem: Bought a Porsche Certified 911.