Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Automobile Renewal Service: Porsche C4S Cab - Phase 2, Nano, Clear Bra, and Tint

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:03 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 748 Likes on 391 Posts
Wink GP Automobile Renewal Service: Porsche C4S Cab - Phase 2, Nano, Clear Bra, and Tint

Hard to believe, even new cars need some TLC. This is a typical New Car project for us and client wanted a nice balance between aesthetics and protection.

We performed a Phase 2, our Rejuvenation service focusing more on exterior. We then applied Suntek Topcoated PPF and performing our Advanced Clear Bra service. This level of service is for those demanding perfection. Anything that can safely be removed to give us that extra edge, is removed. We specialize in Porsches, so by now, we have a solid system of taking 911s apart and putting them back together as it were from the factory.

We then focused on protecting the interior occupants and leather surfaces with Huper Optik Nano Ceramic window film. We finally protected exterior paint using CQuartz Finest nano coating. All in all, we enjoyed this project and we hope you do too.

The devil is in the details. For us to achieve near flawless application, we remove various parts to allow for us to trim very close to edges and wrap around corners.

Crest is removed, clear film applied, hand trimmed, and crest is then reinstalled

Edges wrapped inside

Separate piece of film is used to achieve a clean and seamless edge wrapped around the door

Protected and better-than-new

Interior gets a light cleaning and conditioning

Smooth and satin finish; not greasy or shiny. This also retains the New-Car scent

Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Outstanding work as always, Moe!
Old 10-06-2015, 09:22 AM
sandbar
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Very Impressive--What's the price point?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks incredible. Better than new is right!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:35 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Outstanding work as always, Moe!
Thanks! Got your PM. Hope it helped guide you.

Originally Posted by sandbar
Beautiful!
Appreciate you checking it out.

Originally Posted by mgflyfish
Very Impressive--What's the price point?
If you have to ask, Each project is different; so if you're interested, I'd be happy to go over your car and give you pricing that's accurate for YOU.

Originally Posted by Daekwan
Looks incredible. Better than new is right!
It was nice to get it not detailed or washed from the dealer. No swirls or scratches. Just some areas needing extra attention due to sanding scratches from factory
Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Thanks! Got your PM. Hope it helped guide you.

Appreciate you checking it out.

If you have to ask, Each project is different; so if you're interested, I'd be happy to go over your car and give you pricing that's accurate for YOU.

It was nice to get it not detailed or washed from the dealer. No swirls or scratches. Just some areas needing extra attention due to sanding scratches from factory
Hey Moe-- I know you're not giving it away for free-- and really I appreciate the work-- at least from a distance--I've a new GTS4 cab arriving end of next month and I'm looking for some baseline to know what I can expect--I would not use anything generated here to hold anyone's feet to the fire..just a ballpark--
Old 10-06-2015, 07:19 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey Moe-- I know you're not giving it away for free-- and really I appreciate the work-- at least from a distance--I've a new GTS4 cab arriving end of next month and I'm looking for some baseline to know what I can expect--I would not use anything generated here to hold anyone's feet to the fire..just a ballpark--
Where are you located?

Truth is, prices will vary from shop to shop. Some guys are hungry and/or have low overhead, so they charge accordingly. When it comes to clear bra, your best bet is to find someone local that knows YOUR car. Look on XPEL dealer locator and begin your search there. If you can find an installer that's also a detailer, we'll that is even better. But make sure to look at their work. And don't be so concerned about price, rather, quality. Asking the right questions such as:

1. How many cars like mine have you done?
2. Walk me through your "process"
3. What coverage do you offer?
4. Pre-cut, extended edges, custom?
5. Full or partial installation?
6. What is YOUR warranty?
7. What does it cost?
8. When can I stop by and see examples of your work?

So, unless you ask these same questions from the different candidates, you're shooting in the dark and will get varying #s.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:01 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Killer work Moe! This is how Clear Bra and nano protection should look. Keep up the fantastic work and documentation.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:39 AM
mgflyfish
Racer

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Where are you located?

Truth is, prices will vary from shop to shop. Some guys are hungry and/or have low overhead, so they charge accordingly. When it comes to clear bra, your best bet is to find someone local that knows YOUR car. Look on XPEL dealer locator and begin your search there. If you can find an installer that's also a detailer, we'll that is even better. But make sure to look at their work. And don't be so concerned about price, rather, quality. Asking the right questions such as:

1. How many cars like mine have you done?
2. Walk me through your "process"
3. What coverage do you offer?
4. Pre-cut, extended edges, custom?
5. Full or partial installation?
6. What is YOUR warranty?
7. What does it cost?
8. When can I stop by and see examples of your work?

So, unless you ask these same questions from the different candidates, you're shooting in the dark and will get varying #s.

Hope this helps.
Moe indeed it does-- appreciate it. One other Q. Any treatment or care advice for the "rag" top? Next time I'm down your way I'll try and stop by with a Martini--
thx--Michael
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Moe indeed it does-- appreciate it. One other Q. Any treatment or care advice for the "rag" top? Next time I'm down your way I'll try and stop by with a Martini--
thx--Michael
303 Fabric guard. Just make sure to clean the top really well, allow it to dry, then apply 303 generously, and allow to bake in the sun
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TimAD
Killer work Moe! This is how Clear Bra and nano protection should look. Keep up the fantastic work and documentation.
Thanks Tim...means a lot coming from my peers.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

looks great. I cant even find someone to wash my car in barking distance of my hometpwn, much less do detailing.

Quick Reply: GP Automobile Renewal Service: Porsche C4S Cab - Phase 2, Nano, Clear Bra, and Tint