Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 2 weeks old and keyed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:07 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the only thing you can do is to have someone in the car sitting if you go into a store. Park your car where you can have view of it from the inside of a place to eat or whatever. Have video monitoring with sound if you have a spot that you rent or whatever in a garage and have video signs where the perps can see them.

Some people go to the trouble of putting a car cover on their car when they go inside for a while. For bird droppings etc. But that would be a pain! Use your car where you will always be babysitting it. Go for a cruse and come back home etc. Have car wrapped, that can give some protection but it is expensive. Or drive it and don't worry about it. If it gets damaged just fix it and drive it again. I don't like the last option too much because something is bound to happen on these nice cars because of jealous people.

Certain personalized plates might make someone mad to key you or damage your car as well. A number plate is more discreet that way. I was going to get the plate P1AY HRD. Reason is I have worked hard my whole life and can finally kick back. Someone sees that and thinks that rich a77 hole. Than BAM!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM
chuckla
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, know the building. Have parked there with my old '06 (in the picture which I have not updated to my'13). If I recall, doctors had preferred, next to the building parking spots-perhaps the anger was less P car focused and perhaps anti-doctor. Sorry in any case.

To respond to an earlier poster, a P car can't be CPO'd if two panels have been repainted.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:52 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This columnist is promoting the idea of destroying nice cars because you shouldn't drive a car like that:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinio...ng_in_the_car/

There is a lot of jealousy and hated in the world.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:12 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

I feel the pain bro.

Some people are just so jealous of others.

Even now, I'm even a bit paranoid where I park. I just aim for big high end shopping centres.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM
gusp
Instructor

Originally Posted by TrappistMonk
that sucks ... kust out of curiosity. Does that got keyed, do you have a personalized plate? One of the reasons I did not get a personalized plate on the P-car is that I did not want to upset anyone leading to my car being keyed.
So true. Had my car for 9 months and parked everywhere downtown without a problem. First day with my personalized plate and I come out to a ticket on my windshield, but my meter was still green. The ticket? 50 bucks for failure to display tag properly since I have no front plate. Oh well. I deserve it.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:51 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuckla, actually I'm a block away in the white building on medical park dr. anyhow, no personalized tags here, just bad luck. Currently only running a rear tag, sooner or later ill get tagged for that.Actually with my 2008, i was parked in georgetown once, and got a DC ticket for not having a front MD tag.

Quick Reply: 991 2 weeks old and keyed