Sponsored by:

Reserve your 991 DSC module

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Finally, finally ordered my DSC V2... should ship today and will hopefully install this weekend. Larry should get some form of referral bonus as his posts on this wore me down over time.
If only I were in sales and/or on a commission!

I recommend you get a right angled USB cable and leave it connected, you might want to use the modified map that Tom & Mike very kindly tuned for
me when I complained to them that I didn't like the normal setting...
Old 06-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
If only I were in sales and/or on a commission!

I recommend you get a right angled USB cable and leave it connected, you might want to use the modified map that Tom & Mike very kindly tuned for
me when I complained to them that I didn't like the normal setting...
You deserve it!

On the USB cable does it have to be right angled? I have a normal USB cable, will it not fit? Plan to see how it is first before I try any modified maps, apparently the coupe is different than the cab so we'll see.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

You deserve it!

On the USB cable does it have to be right angled? I have a normal USB cable, will it not fit? Plan to see how it is first before I try any modified maps, apparently the coupe is different than the cab so we'll see.
maybe not on the coupe - its kinda a must on the hairdressers car
Old 06-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

Finally, finally ordered my DSC V2... should ship today and will hopefully install this weekend. Larry should get some form of referral bonus as his posts on this wore me down over time.
Awesome. Please post review when you have had some seat time!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:15 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Larry's help certainly doesn't go unnoticed! He's made my job a lot easier outside of sales as well (I just refer anyone with a Mac to his set of instructions for the tuning software). Larry is certainly one of our most valued customers and will be among the very first I contact next time we're ready for a round of beta testing new products/services.

Thanks for order! Be sure to let us know if there's anything we can assist you with through the install or any custom calibration you wish to do. Look forward to hearing your feedback!

-Jordan
Old 06-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC Sport

Larry's help certainly doesn't go unnoticed! He's made my job a lot easier outside of sales as well (I just refer anyone with a Mac to his set of instructions for the tuning software). Larry is certainly one of our most valued customers and will be among the very first I contact next time we're ready for a round of beta testing new products/services.

Thanks for order! Be sure to let us know if there's anything we can assist you with through the install or any custom calibration you wish to do. Look forward to hearing your feedback!

-Jordan
Aw Shucks!
Old 08-17-2016, 04:13 AM
ccjin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

installed my dsc v2 yesterday

very easy plug n play normal mode littl softer now. sport mode has eliminated some bad behavior in fast corners as i have gts 4 pdcc with michelin cup 2. i think that the car with oem ecu
dont understand the plus mechanical grip i give her through aero , tires and more camber. the whole system seems to work very well thoghether now (engine mounts PDCC dampers)

is it normal that pressing the sport or sport + button dont automatic select the stiffer dampers button?

i'm very happy

thank you DSC
Old 08-17-2016, 04:24 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ccjin
installed my dsc v2 yesterday

very easy plug n play normal mode littl softer now. sport mode has eliminated some bad behavior in fast corners as i have gts 4 pdcc with michelin cup 2. i think that the car with oem ecu
dont understand the plus mechanical grip i give her through aero , tires and more camber. the whole system seems to work very well thoghether now (engine mounts PDCC dampers)

is it normal that pressing the sport or sport + button dont automatic select the stiffer dampers button?

i'm very happy

thank you DSC
Yup that's normal.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:29 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Hi everyone, just got my DSC module V2 module thanks to Slim-GT3. Anyone have custom maps they're playing around with or like for sporty street and backroads driving?? The sport plus for me is the closest to what I want but just curious if anyone has had success with custom tunes.

Also, how do you make the software work on a mac?

Great job DSC!!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
The sport plus for me is the closest to what I want but just curious if anyone has had success with custom tunes.
Sport Plus? Unless I'm hugely mistaken there are only Normal and Sport modes available for the PASM system + DSC module.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Hi everyone, just got my DSC module V2 module thanks to Slim-GT3. Anyone have custom maps they're playing around with or like for sporty street and backroads driving?? The sport plus for me is the closest to what I want but just curious if anyone has had success with custom tunes.

Also, how do you make the software work on a mac?

Great job DSC!!
I think I documented this in another thread (which escapes me) but you have to install a desktop virtualization product such as VMWare Fusion, or Parallels (I think you may also be able to use Apple BootCamp as well) and then install a copy of Windows Vista or greater therein, then you need to install the USB bridge s/w into that environment (to enable the Mac to talk to the controller on the DSC) and then you run the DSC app on Windows.

Sport Plus? Unless I'm hugely mistaken there are only Normal and Sport modes available for the PASM system + DSC module.
+1 for new two-mode system - of course the original had 3 maps
Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think I documented this in another thread (which escapes me) but you have

+1 for new two-mode system - of course the original had 3 maps
Yikes. Why not offer a third map for sports plus?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Yikes. Why not offer a third map for sports plus?
because the OEM controller didn't either...
Old 09-15-2016, 06:39 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

My ignorance is missing something then since my perception is 1. Normal 2. Sport and 3. Sport plus.

Not being combative and sincerely want to understand what I am missing.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
My ignorance is missing something then since my perception is 1. Normal 2. Sport and 3. Sport plus.

Not being combative and sincerely want to understand what I am missing.
totally understand...

there are 3 performance modes, "normal", "sport", and "sport plus" these
primarily effect the ECU (engine and PDK transmission where applicable) and
PSM stability management, *but* there are only two PASM modes, "normal" and "sport".

Not clear if the performance mode (apart from switching PASM from normal to sport) has incremental impact on PASM response within a
particular mode (although it does to PSM) probably only Tom or Mike from TPC could comment on that since it is a function of the interaction
between the ECU (PSM) and the PASM controller (if such exists)

Last edited by Larry Cable; 09-15-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Reserve your 991 DSC module