Sponsored by:

Drone video footage of two 991S cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015 | 11:28 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by johnc510
@david - I believe drones are banned at race events. I am, however, looking forward to bringing it to my first Porsche group drive/get together
Of course they would be banned over the track but do you know what the parking lot at the Baja Cantina is gonna look like?! Aerial shots at that location would be special!
Old 09-23-2015 | 01:05 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Would have been pretty cool to film the lawn and parking lot at the Porsche show at Rancho Canada during car week a month ago. I'd ask the owner at Baja Cantina before filming over private property like that though. As a drone owner, I'm sure the OP knows the rules though. I met a guy who is a professional photographer who has some seriously high end drones and he was explaining to me all the rules and it made my head spin. This was right before we got kicked out of some property in Deer Valley for using a drone.

I was blown away by how easy it was to use and how good the video he shot is. Really awesome. But the thing was very loud, so I can understand why the people weren't so happy with us using it where we were.
Old 09-23-2015 | 02:33 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Music is great! But then Napolen Dynomite is a favorite movie....

Quick Reply: Drone video footage of two 991S cars