Sponsored by:

Black Satin Carrera S Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,190 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by mmaturo
Looks good. Did you paint the center caps too or just buy some black ones from Porsche? May need to do this sooner than later...Its a real pain to keep my silver wheels looking good.
Don't think that painting wheels black will solve your brake dust problem. Brake dust on black wheels shows up as a brown coating on the wheels. Takes just as much work to keep black wheels looking clean as silver, IMHO.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:02 AM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mmaturo
Looks good. Did you paint the center caps too or just buy some black ones from Porsche? May need to do this sooner than later...Its a real pain to keep my silver wheels looking good.
I bough them form a local rennlist member. looks like they painted the centercap and powdered the wheels, colors match up very good. you know some classic wheels in black would look very nice as well.....
Old 09-21-2015, 10:46 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Don't think that painting wheels black will solve your brake dust problem. Brake dust on black wheels shows up as a brown coating on the wheels. Takes just as much work to keep black wheels looking clean as silver, IMHO.
Not looking for a solution to the brake dust more than I am completing the look of the car but to me its less noticeable to others anyway between washings. I am aware, half my cars have dark to very dark finish wheels. The sweet spot of course is matte finish titanium colored wheels like on my 8 but the gray doesn't work with what I am doing with the black and white contrast.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltdodge
I bough them form a local rennlist member. looks like they painted the centercap and powdered the wheels, colors match up very good. you know some classic wheels in black would look very nice as well.....
Yup thinking about that still... can't find an image of anyone that has done it but I do prefer for the black anyway the wheels we both have.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

matte black , regular black and silver wheels all show brake dust in different ways ...the " brake dust colored " platinum satin in the current Porsche wheel option range hides it best , naturally

kindalike dust and pollen ...the dk gray / bronzy color agate surprisingly hide them the best because that color's metal flakes look just like " dusty pollen " in bright sun !
Old 09-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

here you go. These are satin black HRE.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2015, 03:27 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly
Hello... long timer lurker, first time poster.

I'm ordering a 911C2 before they become turbos. Its pretty much my dream car and I can't wait to finally join the club.

I'm trying to make my car appear more like some of the upper range models, particularly the GTS. I find the stock look of the car to be more GT than sportscar, but that's just my opinion.

To do this, I think that the sport design fascia and possibly black wheels might give me that look.

Does anyone have any photos of the black stain wheels on a 911? I can't seem to find pictures of the black. The platinum seems much more common on the 911.

Thanks guys!
Here is a link to a 2016 Guards Red C4S at my local dealer. I have seen this car and the black satin wheels look nice. The satin black is a nice finish in between gloss and matte black. I much prefer it to either matte or gloss. For what it is worth, the satin black is the finish on the GTS wheels, whether you get the standard CL wheels or the 5 lug Carrera S wheels.

https://leith.porschedealer.com/new/...92215/info.php

Quick Reply: Black Satin Carrera S Wheels?