Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Here is Formula One 30%.
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2016, 02:16 AM
tnns911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi zx5go -
I just got an estimate for same specs for about $850 which I thought was quite high. How much did you pay just for comparison, my thought is I'm being quoted that high since its a 911!

Originally Posted by zx5go
3M Crystalline. 70 on windshield and 40 on all other glass. I've only had Suntek, Llumar, and similar on other cars and I can say this is a big step up. I've always gone dark to get the heat rejection I wanted but with the Platinum Silver I wanted what I consider a 'classy' look vs the 'sporty' look of dark tint. Clarity is perfect (especially coming from my car that had Suntek). The heat rejection is great but not a good direct comparison since I didn't have the entire windshield of my other car tinted. If you can or think you can get by with it, tinting the windshield makes a large difference.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:25 AM
zx5go
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tnns911
Hi zx5go -
I just got an estimate for same specs for about $850 which I thought was quite high. How much did you pay just for comparison, my thought is I'm being quoted that high since its a 911!
Just under $600. $200 of that was the windshield.
Precision Window Tinting in Longwood, FL and they did a great job.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:35 AM
tnns911
Track Day

Wow, mine was $550 for windshield and $300 for sides and rear. Will get quote from another installer. Thank you.

Originally Posted by zx5go
Just under $600. $200 of that was the windshield.
Precision Window Tinting in Longwood, FL and they did a great job.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:23 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

$433 windshield included.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:54 PM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

30% Llumar ceramic sides and rear. In Denver
$225. Call around. Look at Yelp for high number of 5* reviews and high average. I did go to a sketch 'hood and had mine done at a highly reviewed shop. No issues.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosell
I had Formula One Pinnacle 35% installed today. I'll live with it a few weeks and report my impressions.

I'm a little more than one week into this, and my impression is that either 35% is too dark, or the installer used something other than what I ordered. I may come around to this and keep it, but I definitely wanted something that let more light in. My concern isn't with visibility from within the car, but rather with the appearance from outside the car.

35% is what I clearly specified, and I know that there is some inherent light blockage within the glass itself. I'm probably going to another shop to make sure I got what I asked for. Has anyone had their windows checked with a light meter after getting Formula One 35% installed, and if so what percentage of transmission did you get?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:01 AM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

That looks like 35% to me (based on your photo, especially if you have a dark color interior that will tend to make it appear darker than it truly is vs. looking through the glass directly from the side, and with the 991 being so low to the ground, most of your viewpoints will be from above and looking down into the car). Does the Benz in the background have any tint on the front passenger window? The rear windows on the Benz look considerably darker than your Porsche's windows. Not sure if that is the factory Benz privacy glass, but it looks to be closer to limo tint (5%). None of this may change the fact that 35% may be too dark for your own personal taste.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:53 PM
miporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No offense intended.... I have no idea why anyone would use such dark tint on their Porsche. Besides obvious heat and sun reasons of course.

Don't know about you guys, but I want to be seen in my car. Light tint is perfect and looks very elegant. On the other hand, limo black please!!! If I were driving a hooptie. Wouldn't want to be be seen in that one.

Mostly garage kept. I have AC and ventilated seats for the heat plus I don't worry about prolonged sun damage. Probably won't keep it long enough for it to make a difference.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:24 PM
991howl
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArthurVandalay
30% Llumar ceramic sides and rear. In Denver
$225. Call around. Look at Yelp for high number of 5* reviews and high average. I did go to a sketch 'hood and had mine done at a highly reviewed shop. No issues.
reviving an old thread,
I am looking at "clear" Llumar ceramic tint (sides+rear). Any experience/feedback from the members?

@ArthurVandalay : May I ask which shop you got it done in Denver area and any other recommendations?

thanks
Old 04-15-2017, 05:56 PM
bolteon
Advanced

Originally Posted by miporsche
No offense intended.... I have no idea why anyone would use such dark tint on their Porsche. Besides obvious heat and sun reasons of course.

Don't know about you guys, but I want to be seen in my car. Light tint is perfect and looks very elegant. On the other hand, limo black please!!! If I were driving a hooptie. Wouldn't want to be be seen in that one.

Mostly garage kept. I have AC and ventilated seats for the heat plus I don't worry about prolonged sun damage. Probably won't keep it long enough for it to make a difference.

Just my opinion.
Yeah, it's a very tacky look in my opinion as well... just the concept of being so cool that you don't want people seeing you- especially the illegal level stuff that has no purpose...

Maybe it's a maturity thing.

One way or another- a bit of the Spectra PhotoSync stuff at 75 or 65 seems like a great idea considering how much heat it blocks without changing the visual properties of the window that much.

Very impressive stuff.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:40 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bolteon
Yeah, it's a very tacky look in my opinion as well... just the concept of being so cool that you don't want people seeing you- especially the illegal level stuff that has no purpose...

Maybe it's a maturity thing.

One way or another- a bit of the Spectra PhotoSync stuff at 75 or 65 seems like a great idea considering how much heat it blocks without changing the visual properties of the window that much.

Very impressive stuff.
Agreed. I don't like the "hood" look of the very dark tint.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Another old guy looking for very light tint. I am thinking Crystalline 70. Any of you out there with this particular tint? (Pictures would be greatly appreciated) I want it as light as possible with the best heat blocking/UV protection I can get. Also any shop recommendations in Orange County, California? (preferably Irvine/Tustin/Orange area)

Originally Posted by carrerafanboy
I did 3M Crystalline all around and am very happy with it, but went with a very conservative tint of 90% up front, and 70% sides and rear to maintain a bone stock look.

I got it primarily for the UV and IR/heat rejection properties—not privacy/aesthetics. Quite happy with it!
Can you post some pictures? I wouldn't mind going Crystalline 90 either.

Last edited by JustBud; 04-16-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:00 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Deleted: Posted on wrong thread somehow... Sorry for the waste of time!

Last edited by StormRune; 04-16-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Window Tint