Sponsored by:

Jeff's 2016 Carmine Red Targa GTS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:30 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,759 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by P.J.S.
I think I saw this at metro detail today - beautiful!!!
I didn't know whether the dealer did the prep themselves or if they outsourced it. Hopefully they were treating it to a well deserved detail after the long trip to the US
Old 08-11-2015, 01:32 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One word......STUNNING! Please send more photos! I have the same car sitting in Stuttgart waiting for EXCLUSIVE to finish its work. Expecting delivery on Nov. 1 I did go with GTS interior but went bit crazy with EXCLUSIVE options including TURBO S wheels in POLISHED SILVER & BLACK. Great choice and please more photos and updates on how you like it.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:42 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
I didn't know whether the dealer did the prep themselves or if they outsourced it. Hopefully they were treating it to a well deserved detail after the long trip to the US
It looked great!
Carmine is sublime
Old 08-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Is that a Turbo or a Turbo Look white cab in your profile pic? It looks exactly like the car that I just sold to buy this Targa. Beautiful! I really wish I had room in my garage and my wife's patience for both cars but the cab had to go.

I loved most of the GTS interior but I couldn't completely fall in love with the Alcantara. But I went back and forth so many times and I'm sure I would have been happy either way. You can't really go wrong with these cars!

I'm fortunate that my lack of knowledge about exclusive options saved me some money because I never ventured into what is possible outside of the configurator options I bet your wheels are going to look incredible. What else did you have done to the car?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:48 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Its a 1989 Turbo Cab.......I picked it up at the factory in 1988......Just sold it to pay for my NEW TARGA GTS! Great trade I think>
Old 08-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Werks 1
Racer

here is my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGJ2V656
Old 08-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Werks 1
Its a 1989 Turbo Cab.......I picked it up at the factory in 1988......Just sold it to pay for my NEW TARGA GTS! Great trade I think>
You had the real thing, I had the poser Turbo. I bet the next owner of your 930 is happy as hell to have a real one owner classic. Almost as happy as you will be when you take delivery of your new one!

I sold my Cab to pay for the Targa as well but it only covered half
Old 08-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Werks 1
Racer

mine was almost an even trade.......I will not miss the "rough" ride but will miss all the 27 years of memories! Time for new ones!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Please let me know how you like your car.....excited for you
Old 08-11-2015, 02:09 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

oh baby! thats one sweet looking car.
Congratulations and drive it in good health!
A friend of mine is getting a GTS coupe in carmine red next month- I can't wait to see the color in person.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:05 AM
mhollack
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful Car! Congrats from one Washingtonian to another.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 317 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Thanks! Vise's Sapphire Blue GTS was the inspiration for that. Until I read through his thread and saw the photos I didn't know this was an option.

Glad I could help! Car is a beauty, can't wait for some post-delivery pics.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:32 PM
LandShark
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Love the Carmine color with black accents!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:56 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Congratulations, beautiful car!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 02:04 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I picked the car up at the dealership today after work. I could barely contain myself all day, my coworkers must have thought I was on speed I was so excited.

Pickup went super smooth and after I informed my SA that I had already read the manual a few times he gave me the speedy version of the walk through. The finance guy gave me the hard sell and acted genuinely surprised when I turned down his expensive extras, like I was the first one that had ever done it. He almost had me convinced

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. This is an amazing car. A modern Porsche is simply a thing of beauty. So much power, I have never felt more alert and alive while driving. I know that will fade as I get comfortable with the car but holy crap, this is the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. It does make me hate all other cars because they all seem out to kill me or at least chip my paint

A co-worker that lives up north was having a get together and it gave me an excuse to put 50 miles on the car tonight. A few early observations:

I love the color and I love the painted interior trim pieces. I'm glad I kept the leather on the console but the photos do not do it justice, the red on the interior is beautiful. Classy, not cartoony at all like I had feared.

I love PDCC. I've never driven a car that can stay so flat through turns and I love the feeling. Confidence inspiring and go-kart like. So happy I checked that box.

I drove up in standard mode and drove back in Sport with the stiffer suspension settings. I'm amazing how a simple button can transform the car. I haven't tried sport plus yet but will hold off for a few hundred miles. The sport exhaust kicks *** and I wish it would stay on by default. I'm glad the auto-stop feature does stay off when I tell it to.

No issues cruising at 70 with the top down. I could listen to music, nothing was blowing around in the car and I had both windows down. With the windows up it was even quieter. I'm not sure what all of the complaints are about or maybe I'm just use to an old Targa and an old Cab which where 100X worse.

Showing people how the top works never gets old. If you have a Targa get the SmartTop device, it is so fun to stand outside the car next to a buddy and make the top go up and down.

I love, love, love this car. I only had my iPhone with me today but here are a few better photos than what the dealer provided. Better ones still to come:

Sitting outside of the dealer waiting for me to drive it away.

The LED clear side marker lights are a must for the US market and look so much better than the amber ones we are stuck with. Dealer did the swap for me as part of the delivery. And look at those freaking wheels!

A quick shot of the car once I had arrived at the BBQ. Porsches and fresh caught salmon, yes please.

I liked the view from his front porch. Okay, I like the view of this car from everywhere

Quick Reply: Jeff's 2016 Carmine Red Targa GTS Thread