991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose my first P car 991 S or GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015 | 08:02 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Coming from an M car also, but not the F82. I had 2 E92 one a 2008 and the last one a 2013, both ED also and the last NA M car. We are opposite on our outlook on what to drive. I didn't go to the new M since it is a turbo and not a bespoke M engine. I think you should stick to driving the F8x M car or even the M5 or M6. Driving a Porsche is way different than how the new M car is. There are some similarities on how the older M3 is with the Porsche. High revving and lightweight. Not much on tech packages but more on driving experience. IMHO, the main thing that makes people love to drive the Porsche is the experience just like how the old M cars were.

I initially started building a 991S but decided to go with the GTS. Also planned on doing ED but was not able to get the date I prefer even though I gave them 5 months advance notice. You can get a GTS with your budget but without those tech nannies. I was able to build one at your price point but a MT, PP+, 18way, sunroof delete and PASM+. I was able to get a substantial discount for a 2016 GTS due to the fact the I am a repeat customer. They also subtracted the $3K savings that my dealer will get since they were not able to provide the ED schedule that I requested.

Happy shopping and building.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Default Help me choose my first P car 991 S or GTS

Originally Posted by trucheli
Let's say 8 years from now which one will hold better value?
I can get 8% off MSRP right now on a ordered GTS.
Take the 8% is VERY good.

The depreciation should be similar between an S and GTS. The GTS will have tons of competition from the S market which will keep their prices pretty close to the others.

Buying new, the better deal is the GTS.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:04 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by STG991
2015 GTS. Asking 115K with under 2K miles. 133K sticker price.

Look at pre-owned cars. Save $$$ used GTS's are popping up, and yes they are depreciating just like the rest.

Can't go wrong.

http://www.parkplace.com/all-invento...he-911-mp11232
Well, I don't like buying used when I will be keeping the car for a long time. I rather be the first owner and knowing how I treated my car.
The only way I would considered is if they CPO. $5000 savings is not worth taking the risk on used car.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Well, I don't like buying used when I will be keeping the car for a long time. I rather be the first owner and knowing how I treated my car.
The only way I would considered is if they CPO. $5000 savings is not worth taking the risk on used car.
Call your dealer and order the GTS then. What are you waiting for? Allocations aren't too plentiful as it is. They will be wrapping up in a month or so I believe for the last of the NA engines.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:20 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by ChoyV
Coming from an M car also, but not the F82. I had 2 E92 one a 2008 and the last one a 2013, both ED also and the last NA M car. We are opposite on our outlook on what to drive. I didn't go to the new M since it is a turbo and not a bespoke M engine. I think you should stick to driving the F8x M car or even the M5 or M6. Driving a Porsche is way different than how the new M car is. There are some similarities on how the older M3 is with the Porsche. High revving and lightweight. Not much on tech packages but more on driving experience. IMHO, the main thing that makes people love to drive the Porsche is the experience just like how the old M cars were.

I initially started building a 991S but decided to go with the GTS. Also planned on doing ED but was not able to get the date I prefer even though I gave them 5 months advance notice. You can get a GTS with your budget but without those tech nannies. I was able to build one at your price point but a MT, PP+, 18way, sunroof delete and PASM+. I was able to get a substantial discount for a 2016 GTS due to the fact the I am a repeat customer. They also subtracted the $3K savings that my dealer will get since they were not able to provide the ED schedule that I requested.

Happy shopping and building.
Thanks for your opinion. I have owned a 2013 M3 also. I see your point. I wonder what make you say that I need to stay with the F82 and the M5 or M6. Both have been built to own the Autobahn, too heavy and only fun after 140mph. I really enjoy the M4 it gets up to speed really quick and handles very good. But I always wanted to own I driver's car and now I can afford it.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:22 PM
trucheli
Pro

Call your dealer and order the GTS then. What are you waiting for? Allocations aren't too plentiful as it is. They will be wrapping up in a month or so I believe for the last of the NA engines.
I need to sell my M4 first.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Oh boy. That will be fun. Don't miss out on the GTS!

Good luck.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:29 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Check how much savings will you get if doing a private sale against trading-in. Trading-in will save you a good amount in tax with less hassle.
Old 07-17-2015 | 09:17 PM
trucheli
Pro

Check how much savings will you get if doing a private sale against trading-in. Trading-in will save you a good amount in tax with less hassle.
I always do both. I private sale to get the best value for my vehicle then I show my car as trade in saving on taxes.
Old 07-17-2015 | 09:19 PM
trucheli
Pro

Oh boy. That will be fun. Don't miss out on the GTS!

Good luck.
Thank you for your input.
For some reason I find this forum much more civilized than Bimmerpost. I wonder why.
Old 07-17-2015 | 11:02 PM
woodrow
Instructor

TRADED MY 2014 LOADED RS5 FOR NEW 991 GTS MANUAL COUPE I DONT YAWN WHILE DRIVING ANYMORE...
Old 07-18-2015 | 12:38 AM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by John Helmer
TRADED MY 2014 LOADED RS5 FOR NEW 991 GTS MANUAL COUPE I DONT YAWN WHILE DRIVING ANYMORE...
I hear you loud and clear.
Old 07-18-2015 | 01:25 AM
ChoyV
Racer

I always do both. I private sale to get the best value for my vehicle then I show my car as trade in saving on taxes.
You sure can do both but it requires a lot of perfect timing. I've done in once wherein my friend bought my S4 and I talked to my dealer on the exchange. They just charge us $200 for the paperworks. Hope you get the best deal. Actually you can preorder and do the private sale/trade-in as soon as you get a buyer. I've got no taker for my M3 for 3 months so I just traded it in.
Old 07-18-2015 | 01:29 AM
trucheli
Pro

You sure can do both but it requires a lot of perfect timing. I've done in once wherein my friend bought my S4 and I talked to my dealer on the exchange. They just charge us $200 for the paperworks. Hope you get the best deal. Actually you can preorder and do the private sale/trade-in as soon as you get a buyer. I've got no taker for my M3 for 3 months so I just traded it in.
I usually find a buyer first and then order the car. I pay $400 for the pass thru.
Old 07-18-2015 | 03:04 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

$5000 savings? You can get a 125k MSRP 13 S with 10k miles and 1 owner for about $80,000 right now. In reverse figure you're going to lose all that money in three years on any S or GTS car you buy new minus whatever discount you manage.

It's my firm belief that all these standard 991's are now disposable cars and the long term collectible factor simply isn't there. Look how cheap early non-special edition 997's are; I don't see why the 991 would be any different in the long-run.

If you're worried about resale enough to mention it buy used. They changed very, very little on the 991 over the last couple years.

Quick Reply: Help me choose my first P car 991 S or GTS