Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:47 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Great car ****, Mike. Thanks for sharing.

It's a nice touch that you bought a workbench in Club Blau!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 160 Posts

This beautiful CC is awaiting pick-up at RUSNAK/Porsche Westlake and it belongs to a fellow member of the Santa Barbara Region.
His is the first of two CCs coming through Rusnak, mine being the second (SEP build). I took a slew of pics today and posted the first thumbnail (which you can click to enlarge and then use the right arrow to go through the shots) for those of you who want to see more of this unique car. The color is quite stunning in person, and, as you can see, it photographs (and looks) different in different light. This car will be a guaranteed head-turner wherever it goes.
I can't wait until mine arrives...

Old 08-25-2015, 04:40 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great photos thank you

Originally Posted by Leader
This beautiful CC is awaiting pick-up at RUSNAK/Porsche Westlake and it belongs to a fellow member of the Santa Barbara Region.
His is the first of two CCs coming through Rusnak, mine being the second (SEP build). I took a slew of pics today and posted the first thumbnail (which you can click to enlarge and then use the right arrow to go through the shots) for those of you who want to see more of this unique car. The color is quite stunning in person, and, as you can see, it photographs (and looks) different in different light. This car will be a guaranteed head-turner wherever it goes.

Hopefully my will arrive at dealer next couple of days it's been assigned to a truck but has not left port yet. Yesterday was 5 months to the date I sent the letter of interest to PCA. Again thanks for the pictures.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:43 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default 600 page manual

Originally Posted by mtgadbois
Cars look great, fellows. Now get those first 100 miles out of the way. For me today begins a 3 day golf tournament. If I don't make the cut after day 2 I plan on grabbing the daughter and going to the car show in Geneva this weekend. Sometime in September is the car show at Weather-tech and if you missed last years you need to go this year. The owner has a quite large collection of P-cars and his hosting is second to none. BTW my car has the third headlight choice, LED in black and I have the amber fender turn signal. Also, have you completed your reading of the car manuals? By my count over 600 pages! Mark
I thought they had stopped printing them and had all the stuff on disc. It will make some fine reading.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Great pictures - thanks!

His car isn't on the register and the first one we've seen with clear tail lights. I had that box checked and then unchecked it. I think the red works better, but that's certainly a matter of personal taste.

Must have been nice to see one in person!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 AM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default Clear tailights

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Great pictures - thanks!

His car isn't on the register and the first one we've seen with clear tail lights. I had that box checked and then unchecked it. I think the red works better, but that's certainly a matter of personal taste.

Must have been nice to see one in person!
Certainly different this is exactly what makes these cars unique. The owners personal touch and later on it will make the 60 cars even more rare. Mine (if it ever gets here) has a full glass sunroof in black. I thought it would break that huge sea of blau. Will see.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:27 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cars7wines
Certainly different this is exactly what makes these cars unique. The owners personal touch and later on it will make the 60 cars even more rare. Mine (if it ever gets here) has a full glass sunroof in black. I thought it would break that huge sea of blau. Will see.
and others will spec the solid sunroof just so their CC's Club Blau roof stands out in a sea of 911s parked closely together at car gatherings ! it's all good !

Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting the pics .. I am not generally a fan of the clear tails ...but wow it looks really cool on the CC ! Just needs opaque smoked cling film over the lower red reflectors and some clear side markers .

Last edited by MKW; 08-26-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

I don't think there is much you can do to this iteration of the GTS to mess it up. I also think it's interesting that they will all (most likely) be somewhat different owing to how they've been configured by the buyers.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the clear tail-lights on this car. They work much better on other colors than they do on the Club Blau, IMO. I also don't like the sunroof breaking up the rooflines, or the XM antenna on the rear deck. And, don't get me started on the parking sensors on the front and rear bumper covers or the "911 Carrera GTS" sub-badge.

See? Everybody's CCs are going to be different. And that's a good thing.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:03 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Alex, this is the reading material you will get with your car. The stuff on the left comes about 1 month later. The manuals when stacked up are 2" thick. I read a few pages here and there. Mark

Old 08-30-2015, 04:19 AM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default Finally here

Originally Posted by mtgadbois
Alex, this is the reading material you will get with your car. The stuff on the left comes about 1 month later. The manuals when stacked up are 2" thick. I read a few pages here and there. Mark

Mark, car arrived at dealer at 1:50pm drove an hour to see it being unwrapped and sign final papers so I will be picking it up Monday noon... in the excitement I took home the extra set of extended club coupe painted key and fancy key case but forgot the owners encyclopedia. My vin ends in 407 with a July build with Pirelli tires. The full glass sunroof does a good job in breaking the sea of blue so I am happy I chose it. From reading all these threads it sounds like we will all end up with many variations of this limited edition GTS making them even more rare. Dealer was above and beyond in negotiations very pleased with outcome. I will post some pre delivery pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately my wife is in Florida with her parents so no wine last evening (had a few Spaten's instead ) will save the wine for when she gets home.
Regards to your lovely daughter my wife asks about her often. Thanks again for ALL your support., alex
Old 08-30-2015, 05:05 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Most of the cars purchased the past decade have all come with seemingly a 1000 pages split among three to four booklets ...I doubt anyone reads more than the section on setting key memories and a few basics of the infotainment booklet ...unless a specific issue arises later .
I read somewhere just today that most owners use almost none of the native navi and infotainment systems in latest cars, even though makers spend billions developing them and owners pay for some way or another whether included or not in their build . They use their smart phones .
What a massive " lose lose " on both sides, esp since many of the JDPower owner satisfaction complaints are based on these systems...esp affecting " satisfaction " rankings on the more premium car brands
Old 08-30-2015, 05:16 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default Owners manual

Originally Posted by MKW
Most of the cars purchased the past decade have all come with seemingly a 1000 pages split among three to four booklets ...I doubt anyone reads more than the section on setting key memories and a few basics of the infotainment booklet ...unless a specific issue arises later .
Interesting read today that most owners use almost none of the native navi and infotainment systems in latest cars, even though makers spend billions developing them and owners pay for some way or another whether included or not in their build . They use their smart phones .
I agree, specially with the plethora of apps available. The apple app for their watch that provides all the Porsche information is insane. I always thought the instrument cluster in our cars was ample info, so now you have to look at your watch or phone instead of the road. Yeap, accidents waiting to happen. I have bose systems in all my vehicles yet I rather listen to the sound of engine in my porsche. I guess I could have chosen radio delete and saved $2K plus a few pounds of weight....
Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

I agree that more and more in-car gadgetry and gizmos are counterproductive for most owners. And, you're correct to point out that these very same dashboard devices are the cause of many low scores on the customer automobile surveys. People just don't get how to use them and their frustration leads directly to dissatisfaction.
I think the saner approach for car companies is to cede the technological supremacy to the experts (i.e. Apple) and concentrate on making their cars fast, efficient, and reliable. Then, offer a simple way to connect your iPhone (or whatever) to your car...for those who are so inclined. Keep it simple.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

The "ebay" car is still sitting in the Sunset showroom in Beaverton, Oregon. Apparently no one at the dealership has heard from the person who ordered the car. The car is being sent back to Porsche - the dealer is not allowed to resell the vehicle, it must go back and be allocated to it's new owner through the PCA raffle!!! I am sure the dealer is not very happy! It is a very nicely equipped Club Coupe!!!

Quick Reply: GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?