pasd18
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for help, hope it is on that ship also
Old 08-20-2015, 11:38 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked up mine yesterday (it's been at the dealer since early August...) and a friend 5 minutes away picked his up tonight from the same dealer. Both in my garage waiting for clear bra application tomorrow. Now if Mark dropped by, it would make 3 in one place. Very cool. (Color in picture is not good)
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2015, 11:42 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kings of cool

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Picked up mine yesterday (it's been at the dealer since early August...) and a friend 5 minutes away picked his up tonight from the same dealer. Both in my garage waiting for clear bra application tomorrow. Now if Mark dropped by, it would make 3 in one place. Very cool. (Color in picture is not good)
Very impressive thanks for the great yet rare picture
Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks Mike. Looking forward to more pictures from tomorrow. Hopefully Mark sees this and is able to show up.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both with clear side markers - did you switch them already? Definitely looks cleaner and more cohesive. Congrats!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:34 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by Jhoffmann
Both with clear side markers - did you switch them already? Definitely looks cleaner and more cohesive. Congrats!
We both had the dealer change out the side markers before we picked them up. The amber lights look extra bad on this car.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

great looking twins.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:48 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgadbois
Stopped by the dealer to see my car before it is prepped. Looks great and here are a few pictures so the other club coupe people can see what they are getting. Other than a few optional items it appears to be exactly like the one that PCA has been moving around the country.

And I pick it up this Friday. Will be a great weekend!!
Hi mtgadbois,
We actually met at the FuelFed Go Go Joe event a couple weekends ago. I had the black 997 GTS and was drooling over your CC.

I took a few shots of your car and thought I'd share them with the rest of the CC crew on this thread. You really do have a beautiful car. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing you at a future PCA or Fuelfed event again soon.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:52 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

It's interesting that your friend opted not to have the black headlights. That's something I did as well on my GTS and I didn't think many others would make the same choice. Great pair of cars, congratulations!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:08 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by ibmiked
It's interesting that your friend opted not to have the black headlights. That's something I did as well on my GTS and I didn't think many others would make the same choice. Great pair of cars, congratulations!
Good observation. Actually, on this car, there seems to be 3 options on the headlights. It comes with standard headlights that have the black surround. The LED headlights are standard with grey/silver surround, as in the picture. You can also get LED's with the black surround. The car in the picture with the grey/silver background is mine and are LED's. The far car with the standard headlights in black surround is my friends. Both versions look good on this car.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Fantastic!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:09 AM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics, great pair!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:03 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Clear bra going on both cars today. I added the side by side garage picture to show what it would look like if one of us wins the "free" car....
Attached Images     
Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Cars look great, fellows. Now get those first 100 miles out of the way. For me today begins a 3 day golf tournament. If I don't make the cut after day 2 I plan on grabbing the daughter and going to the car show in Geneva this weekend. Sometime in September is the car show at Weather-tech and if you missed last years you need to go this year. The owner has a quite large collection of P-cars and his hosting is second to none. BTW my car has the third headlight choice, LED in black and I have the amber fender turn signal. Also, have you completed your reading of the car manuals? By my count over 600 pages! Mark
Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by mtgadbois
Cars look great, fellows. Now get those first 100 miles out of the way. For me today begins a 3 day golf tournament. If I don't make the cut after day 2 I plan on grabbing the daughter and going to the car show in Geneva this weekend. Sometime in September is the car show at Weather-tech and if you missed last years you need to go this year. The owner has a quite large collection of P-cars and his hosting is second to none. BTW my car has the third headlight choice, LED in black and I have the amber fender turn signal. Also, have you completed your reading of the car manuals? By my count over 600 pages! Mark
Have fun in Geneva. I have an event out at the Autobahn this weekend and plan to get some track time that I missed while away this summer. I missed the WeatherTech event last year, but hope to be in town this time around. With regards to the manuals, I'm embarrassed to say I read them cover to cover.....

Quick Reply: GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?