Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Package Plus Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 02:54 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

^^ I just got back from lunch. It's 90-something today in ATL. Wow, did it feel great hitting that button and feeling that cool swoosh on my back. Honestly, seat vents is the main reason I don't have the Alcantara GTS package interior.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
^^ I just got back from lunch. It's 90-something today in ATL. Wow, did it feel great hitting that button and feeling that cool swoosh on my back. Honestly, seat vents is the main reason I don't have the Alcantara GTS package interior.
I wonder if I will regret not getting the ventilated seat option with the 18-ways ... oh well
Old 06-22-2015, 03:08 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ventilated seats and easy entry are the ONLY options I would want besides the Sport Design steering wheel.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the ventilated seats. Never had them before the TTS, and have them on my DD as well. Great option and I would always order them from now on. Great option in Atlanta, as was said, 'cause it is toasty here right now.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I wonder if I will regret not getting the ventilated seat option with the 18-ways ... oh well
I’ve had plenty of leather interiors, none of which has had seat ventilation, and I’ve never missed the feature. Granted that this may be because it’s England. Or maybe because I don’t have a sweat problem or at least, none of my friends have said so!

I’ve gone for the Alcantara because of the above and because I find it more comfortable - never hot, never cold, always breathable.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
I’ve had plenty of leather interiors, none of which has had seat ventilation, and I’ve never missed the feature. Granted that this may be because it’s England. Or maybe because I don’t have a sweat problem or at least, none of my friends have said so!

I’ve gone for the Alcantara because of the above and because I find it more comfortable - never hot, never cold, always breathable.
Yup - I personally like the leather/alacantara - I didntn't find it uncomfortable when I picked the car up in Germany, but it wasn't that hot...
Old 06-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I have all the bells and whistles on my Cayman S and none on the Carrera S, only performance options. I've learned that many of what I thought were 'must haves' really weren't at all, at least for me. I honestly don't miss any of them. And I actually found out that I much prefer the manual seat slide to the power seats. So much quicker and easier to adjust, particularly getting in and out of the car when I want to slide the seat way back. If I ordered a car tomorrow, I'd still get the 4 way sport seats plus. The only thing I could honestly say that I'd add at this point was the Bose system, or possibly even the Burmeister.

And honestly, the fact that you have to pay extra for keyless entry, and one with a dummy key sticking out at that, on a Porsche is ridiculous IMO.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:40 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
And honestly, the fact that you have to pay extra for keyless entry, and one with a dummy key sticking out at that , on a Porsche is ridiculous IMO.
Everybody likes to bash Porsche for not putting the option they like on the car automatically. But then somebody like me comes along and says I HATE that exact option and am so thankful I don't have to have it. It's why Porsche's model works so well, at least for those of us willing to order and wait. Almost everything is ala-carte. Porsche assumes you may not want certain options period, not just not want to pay for them.

Case in point: even more ridiculous than not having standard keyless entry on a 100k Porsche, is not having 18-way power seats. But you prefer 4-way manual sliders, and I prefer 14-way power seats without the big shoulder bolsters, which cause me to feel like my shoulders are hunching forward. Thank goodness they let us decide what we want, from cheap-manual to expensive-18-way-power to expensive fixed-back manual.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

^^^ +1
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
Btw, I could be mistaken but the parking sensors are not part of the premium package last I checked.
I think you are correct. I have Premium Pkg. Plus and I don't have parking sensors on my 2015 GTS. I love the key-less entry and drive.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 06-23-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Everybody likes to bash Porsche for not putting the option they like on the car automatically. But then somebody like me comes along and says I HATE that exact option and am so thankful I don't have to have it. It's why Porsche's model works so well, at least for those of us willing to order and wait.
True, but you're the first person I've ever heard say they didn't like keyless entry. Honestly, I've never heard anyone say they didn't want that feature, so I kinda figured it was something everyone wanted on a high end car. I have it on two of my cars and would prefer it on all of them. But I was making the assumption that I was not alone in that.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
True, but you're the first person I've ever heard say they didn't like keyless entry. Honestly, I've never heard anyone say they didn't want that feature, so I kinda figured it was something everyone wanted on a high end car. I have it on two of my cars and would prefer it on all of them. But I was making the assumption that I was not alone in that.
and I'm the 2nd ... I HATE keyless entry systems it mae me want to take a large hammer to my X5 it was so annoying for the 911 I want to put a key in the
ignition and turn it!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:22 PM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't get the "key" in the keyless entry...why no button? My F150 has a button..in a truck.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Honestly, seat vents is the main reason I don't have the Alcantara GTS package interior.
As it has been fairly warm here the past couple weeks I'm 1000% satisfied with my choice of interiors... while I quite like alcantara I also really wanted the ventilated seats so I went with the hybrid option. The ventilated seats work great and go on as soon as I get in the car... no regrets.

Originally Posted by sracer
i don't get the "key" in the keyless entry...why no button? My F150 has a button..in a truck.
I have entry & drive and I actually quite like the key start mechanism... it is clearly meant to evoke the long history of Porsche having the key on the left. In an age where even a truck has a start button it is neat to see Porsche do something both historically significant and unique. To me it is just another thing that makes a Porsche a Porsche.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,543 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Keyless Entry and Drive by itself is worth the price of admission for the "+"

Quick Reply: Premium Package Plus Worth It?