Sponsored by:

Is CPO worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Hummm if that was the case the dealer in Nashville would be voiding a bunch of warranties since they sponsor a track day once in a while for new owners.

Darn them I knew they were to nice.
Just had a little debate about this on the GT4 board. The Porsche warranty says you are not covered by "Damage caused by....track use..." It does not say, track use voids your warranty. Porsche would need to conclude/prove that the problem was directly caused by track use. I'm sure they/certain dealers take this position from time to time, but if it were me, I'd fight it to the courthouse/arbitration. The law is on the consumer side.

Would love to see PCNA argue in court that track use voids a warranty and yet the company sponsors track days...
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Just had a little debate about this on the GT4 board. The Porsche warranty says you are not covered by "Damage caused by....track use..." It does not say, track use voids your warranty. Porsche would need to conclude/prove that the problem was directly caused by track use. I'm sure they/certain dealers take this position from time to time, but if it were me, I'd fight it to the courthouse/arbitration. The law is on the consumer side.

Would love to see PCNA argue in court that track use voids a warranty and yet the company sponsors track days...
Good points. Voiding the warranty is one thing as opposed to damage caused at a track event that may not be covered under CPO.

To summarize for someone like me that is in the market for a 991:

CPO is more valuable than not...how much more valuable is entirely debatable especially if you will track the car.

Does the original manufacturers warranty cover you if the normally covered part fails at the track?

Quick Reply: Is CPO worth it?