Sponsored by:

New 2015 991 GTS in Agate Gray

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:03 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GTS Interior Package is deviated stitching and a colored tach (in red or silver). How is that such a big deal for the money? I opted for the extended leather (keeping alcantara) but not the GTS package.
No, it's more then that, compared to the standard GTS interior. The leather on the seat side bolsters is higher quality then the standard interior. You also get leather on the top portions of the door panels instead of the plastic stuff on the standard interior, and leather on the dash instead of the rather cheap looking plastic/vinyl dash on the standard interior. You also get carbon fiber interior trim, seat belts with Carmine Red borders and floor mats with Porsche logo and borders in Carmine Red. You also get "GTS" monogrammed on the seat headrests. It is an expensive package, but to me, it is worth the price and really makes the GTS stand out from a regular Carrera, or a GTS with the standard interior. For some, it might not be worth the price tag. It sure doesn't make the car go faster or handle better, but sure looks good.

Since you got "extended Leather" you probably got some of the leather bits I mentioned that come with the GTS Interior Package. I was referring to the standard GTS interior vs the GTS Interior Package. I was going with leather interior until I saw the GTS Interior Package.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 05-15-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotcha, thanks. I thought when I was building the car that you needed to get the extended leather before you could add the GTS Interior Package, which would have limited the value of the GTS Interior Package to seatbelts, stitching, tach, and floor mats which I considered expensive. I didn't realize that you got all of that leather too without adding the full leather package.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 PM
sanchezdds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for explaining the GTS Interior package. I ordered this package but did not really understand it completely and you clarified it beautifully.

To the OP, I think your GTS looks amazing and what an amazing first post! Enjoy your GTS.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:40 PM
joehutchinson
Track Day

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
No, it's more then that. The leather on the seat side bolsters is higher quality then the standard interior. You also get leather on the top portions of the door panels instead of the plastic stuff on the standard interior, and leather on the dash instead of the rather cheap looking plastic/vinyl dash on the standard interior. You also get carbon fiber interior trim, seat belts with Carmine Red borders and floor mats with Porsche logo and borders in Carmine Red. You also get "GTS" monogrammed on the seat headrests. It is an expensive package, but to me, it is worth the price and really makes the GTS stand out from a regular Carrera, or a GTS with the standard interior. For some, it might not be worth the price tag. It sure doesn't make the car go faster or handle better, but sure looks good.

Since you got "extended Leather" you probably got some of the leather bits I mentioned that come with the GTS Interior Package. I was referring to the standard GTS interior vs the GTS Interior Package. I was going with leather interior until I saw the GTS Interior Package.
Very good explanation of the optional GTS interior package. Although it doesn't make the car go faster, it makes the interior a special place to be vs a standard interior. The leather and Alcantara feels great to the touch. The detail of the red stitching is a nice look. I also opted for the 18-way adjustable seats and they are really comfortable. I plan to take long driving trips with my wife so having a pleasant interior is a great feature. I highly recommend it.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Any way you get the GTS, it is fantastic! No CL wheels, no Alcantara, no door monograms, but MT, smoking package and net. Tomorrow will be 7 days on my Agate Grey and Blue leather. I died and went to heaven and I am 71 years of age. Heaven will only have to wait. I am having too much fun driving it.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:51 PM
joehutchinson
Track Day

Originally Posted by freeman
Any way you get the GTS, it is fantastic! ... Heaven will only have to wait. I am having too much fun driving it.
I agree with that wholeheartedly. I find driving the GTS a blast! The more curves in the road, the better!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 PM
joehutchinson
Track Day

Hey GTS owners, did i make a mistake NOT ordering the Sports PASM? I have the standard PASM. In my spirited driving, I find the level of grip amazing with the standard PASM. I can't imagine what the handling dynamics of the Sports PASM brings to the table.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by joehutchinson
Hey GTS owners, did i make a mistake NOT ordering the Sports PASM? I have the standard PASM. In my spirited driving, I find the level of grip amazing with the standard PASM. I can't imagine what the handling dynamics of the Sports PASM brings to the table.
Mistake? Ummm.. Depends A major screw up? No

Smaller wheel gap and lower stance is nice. Better handling? To even a great driver, not probably too noticeable. Regardless, a bit better though.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice car!!

Great videos!

Enjoy
Old 05-13-2015, 11:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,409 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by joehutchinson
That extra 10mm drop would cause me heartache for egress. I don't know how the GT3 guys do it. Though they have the front lift option.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Marv800
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, so thats not a shockingly beautigul car or anything
Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 AM
joehutchinson
Track Day

Originally Posted by LexVan
That extra 10mm drop would cause me heartache for egress. I don't know how the GT3 guys do it. Though they have the front lift option.
I find that I need to be extremely careful about some driveway entrances and inclines with the standard PASM set up.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for what may be considered a hijack, but I just went back to the configurator and here's what I see:

- Standard Interior
- Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package (+$3,850)
- GTS Interior Package (+$4,120)

There does not appear to be any way to add the GTS Interior Package without first adding the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package. So it's safe to say that the GTS Interior Package does NOT get you the leather on the door tops and dashboard. You pay for those separately (Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package) and then pay additionally for the seatbelt, floor mats, red tach, deviated stitching, and CF trim (GTS Interior Package). In my case I got the leather package and skipped the last step of the GTS Interior Package. I did add colored seat belts and instruments separately though along with some other tidbits to tailor the interior to my taste. I just wanted to clarify as I think some of us don't understand that if you want the GTS Interior Package the actual cost to get it is $7,970.00 since you must get the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package first.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! Stunning. Congrats and Welcome!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:11 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Sorry for what may be considered a hijack, but I just went back to the configurator and here's what I see:

- Standard Interior
- Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package (+$3,850)
- GTS Interior Package (+$4,120)

There does not appear to be any way to add the GTS Interior Package without first adding the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package. So it's safe to say that the GTS Interior Package does NOT get you the leather on the door tops and dashboard. You pay for those separately (Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package) and then pay additionally for the seatbelt, floor mats, red tach, deviated stitching, and CF trim (GTS Interior Package). In my case I got the leather package and skipped the last step of the GTS Interior Package. I did add colored seat belts and instruments separately though along with some other tidbits to tailor the interior to my taste. I just wanted to clarify as I think some of us don't understand that if you want the GTS Interior Package the actual cost to get it is $7,970.00 since you must get the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package first.
This is my understanding as well. Congrats to the OP. Great first post. Beautiful car.
Jim

Quick Reply: New 2015 991 GTS in Agate Gray