Sponsored by:

New 2015 991 GTS in Agate Gray

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:23 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by joehutchinson
Hey GTS owners, did i make a mistake NOT ordering the Sports PASM? I have the standard PASM. In my spirited driving, I find the level of grip amazing with the standard PASM. I can't imagine what the handling dynamics of the Sports PASM brings to the table.
I have it and like it a lot. Had it on my previous 997.2 GTS also. I think the car looks much better with it, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I find that I need to be extremely careful about some driveway entrances and inclines with the standard PASM set up.
True that, plus, you have the Sport Design front bumper. That effect egress a little too.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:25 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by LexVan
That extra 10mm drop would cause me heartache for egress. I don't know how the GT3 guys do it. Though they have the front lift option.
Isn't the GT3 an additional 10 mm lower then SPASM? Then the front spoiler on the GT3 extends out further also, making travel over speed bumps and entering driveways even more difficult.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Isn't the GT3 an additional 10 mm lower then SPASM? Then the front spoiler on the GT3 extends out further also, making travel over speed bumps and entering driveways even more difficult.
I'm pretty sure you are correct. So, a staggering 30mm below sea level (base non PASM 991).
Old 05-14-2015, 09:45 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Sorry for what may be considered a hijack, but I just went back to the configurator and here's what I see:

- Standard Interior
- Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package (+$3,850)
- GTS Interior Package (+$4,120)

There does not appear to be any way to add the GTS Interior Package without first adding the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package. So it's safe to say that the GTS Interior Package does NOT get you the leather on the door tops and dashboard. You pay for those separately (Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package) and then pay additionally for the seatbelt, floor mats, red tach, deviated stitching, and CF trim (GTS Interior Package). In my case I got the leather package and skipped the last step of the GTS Interior Package. I did add colored seat belts and instruments separately though along with some other tidbits to tailor the interior to my taste. I just wanted to clarify as I think some of us don't understand that if you want the GTS Interior Package the actual cost to get it is $7,970.00 since you must get the Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package first.
Yep, it is expensive. The Porsche marketing people know how to extract cash from us. Then, if you get the optional 18 way seats like many of us do, that rings up the cash register for another $3,000 or so.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:30 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, it is expensive. The Porsche marketing people know how to extract cash from us. Then, if you get the optional 18 way seats like many of us do, that rings up the cash register for another $3,000 or so.
It's weird. I have a GTS on order with the "plain" GTS interior package selected. I did not select the additional package that included different belts, deviated stitching, and center gauge. I did select different belts and added added CF trim.

The car will have the full alcantara treatment, including seat cushions, lower dash, and PDK shift lever (I like it and am in the minority on RL I know). I still have not figured out if there is any additional leather on the dash. I think not but am not certain. I'll know in a week or so when I take delivery.

It's a bit confusing, and the configurator should contain more details I think.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by PDK1965
It's weird. I have a GTS on order with the "plain" GTS interior package selected. I did not select the additional package that included different belts, deviated stitching, and center gauge. I did select different belts and added added CF trim.

The car will have the full alcantara treatment, including seat cushions, lower dash, and PDK shift lever (I like it and am in the minority on RL I know). I still have not figured out if there is any additional leather on the dash. I think not but am not certain. I'll know in a week or so when I take delivery.

You're right, it can be confusing. I think your assumption is correct based on your description, and you won't have leather on dash or the tops of the door panels.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:15 PM
joehutchinson
Track Day

I have it and like it a lot. Had it on my previous 997.2 GTS also. I think the car looks much better with it, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
I am so paranoid about scrapping the front apron with the standard PASM. Perhaps it is better that I don't have the Sports PASM. I do like the look of the lowered car though. Miss that. Well, I can't have it all!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:15 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PDK1965

If you have this on your build sheet: Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package

Then you have full leather on the dashboard and door tops.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:09 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by ibmiked
If you have this on your build sheet: Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara GTS Package

Then you have full leather on the dashboard and door tops.
Yep, if he has that, he will have the leather dash and tops of door panels.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:05 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

That's really a hot car!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM
hughj
4th Gear

I am so paranoid about scrapping the front apron with the standard PASM. Perhaps it is better that I don't have the Sports PASM. I do like the look of the lowered car though. Miss that. Well, I can't have it all!
That's the draw back of Sport PASM. I ordered PDDC w/ Sport PASM, it's pretty low. I scraped the bottom of the front apron already on a dip that didn't look all that steep, luckily it's only a slight one and you cannot see it unless you actually get down there and look under the car. Can't see it from above . I figured it was bound to happen when I bought it. But I loved the look. It really hurts when it actually happens.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:28 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Smile

Yep, if he has that, he will have the leather dash and tops of door panels.
Thanks guys. I guess I do have it. I will know for sure in a week when I pick it up at the dealer. And to the OP, love your car, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Quick Reply: New 2015 991 GTS in Agate Gray