Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone buying non-GTS models anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
The red thingy is an option too? Drat! So what do you get that's different than an optioned C4S?
Please tell me its not just the four wheels, the three letters, and some trim?!
Keep studying Chuck. If you ace the final, you can still get a C- in the course. The answers are there, you just need to work harder.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:23 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Whew! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't get the red thingy! I sprang for the whole freakin' red interior package and I STILL didn't get the red thingy.

I think you have to spring for the PCA Club Coupe, which is a blue GTS that costs more than a base Turbo, but you get the red thingy on the steering wheel.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:42 AM
thomnellie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did the online configurator to build the Targa GTS the way I would have liked it had I not already ordered my Targa 4S with the Powerkit. I would have saved almost $500.00
Old 05-01-2015, 08:39 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by thomnellie
Just did the online configurator to build the Targa GTS the way I would have liked it had I not already ordered my Targa 4S with the Powerkit. I would have saved almost $500.00
Hmmm... I may be missing something (wouldn't be the first time). But the delta between S and GTS is $16,295. The PowerKit as an adder to the S is $17,800. The difference in those two numbers is $1505.

Which means that if you didn't want a single one of the options that come free in the GTS trim but have to be added to the S (things like PASM, Sport Chrono and others I'm forgetting right now), you'd still be $1500 better off to get the GTS. And I'd assume most 911S buyers would be adding PASM and maybe SC, but again, that's not a requirement I know.

So how do you get to that $500 figure? Are there some options that come on the S and not on the GTS that you are having to add to the GTS price?

Not meaning to be argumentative at all -- just curious how you got the price of the two so close, once you added the PowerKit to the S?

Thanks,
Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
The red thingy is an option too? Drat! So what do you get that's different than an optioned C4S?
Please tell me its not just the four wheels, the three letters, and some trim?!
Can't speak to the 991 but on the 997 GTS you get a hollow, slightly thicker anti-sway bar, non-painted front grill slats, RS Spyder CL wheels and a wider track w/ 2 wheel drive. Eh, I suppose PAG giveth with these standard features that are options on a C4S and taketh away by charging more money (e.g. 1,000 people may pony up for the $15K upcharge but only perhaps 100 would pay for $15K in extra options on a 911 - in the end PAG makes more $$$ by discounting the options as a package).
Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered a C4S with the power kit, PASM, etc... I like the GTS but prefer different wheel options, and other styling differences on the C4S.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:28 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Houndstooth
I just ordered a C4S with the power kit, PASM, etc... I like the GTS but prefer different wheel options, and other styling differences on the C4S.
This is exactly what I started the post about.

I know it depends on how you spec'd your C4S, but I presume that the GTS was quite a bit less similarly equipped? Could you have saved enough for a set of nice aftermarket HREs?
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

With the power kit included the GTS is a good deal 430 hp to the 400hp S model
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mumbles
With the power kit included the GTS is a good deal 430 hp to the 400hp S model
Right - and again, where I was going with this post.

I saved about $4k changing to the GTS, and that does not factor in the $13k power kit, which I would not have ordered. Now I wouldn't have chosen the black CL wheels (which I think are the most controversial part of the GTS package), but at a cost savings of $4k - $17k, depending on how you look at it, how can you walk away? And fwiw, I'm growing to like my black wheels. They still wouldn't have been my first choice, but they do provide an aggressive and distinctively GTS style.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:26 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by hinckley
And fwiw, I'm growing to like my black wheels. They still wouldn't have been my first choice, but they do provide an aggressive and distinctively GTS style.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I reserve the right to get them refinished to my liking if I don't bond with them over time, but I've definitely started coming around.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Right - and again, where I was going with this post.

I saved about $4k changing to the GTS, and that does not factor in the $13k power kit, which I would not have ordered. Now I wouldn't have chosen the black CL wheels (which I think are the most controversial part of the GTS package), but at a cost savings of $4k - $17k, depending on how you look at it, how can you walk away? And fwiw, I'm growing to like my black wheels. They still wouldn't have been my first choice, but they do provide an aggressive and distinctively GTS style.
Being fortunate to be able to purchase a car like this you must always smile when driving even when someone pisses you off. Shiny side up !

Neil
Old 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I sold my 2013 PDK on a whim because after40 years ofMT Porsches, I could not stand it. My MT GTS will placate me.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:07 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Being fortunate to be able to purchase a car like this you must always smile when driving even when someone pisses you off. Shiny side up ! Neil
Right! . . . but . . . um . . . huh?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Pcar991
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Hmmm... I may be missing something (wouldn't be the first time). But the delta between S and GTS is $16,295. The PowerKit as an adder to the S is $17,800. The difference in those two numbers is $1505.

Which means that if you didn't want a single one of the options that come free in the GTS trim but have to be added to the S (things like PASM, Sport Chrono and others I'm forgetting right now), you'd still be $1500 better off to get the GTS. And I'd assume most 911S buyers would be adding PASM and maybe SC, but again, that's not a requirement I know.

So how do you get to that $500 figure? Are there some options that come on the S and not on the GTS that you are having to add to the GTS price?

Not meaning to be argumentative at all -- just curious how you got the price of the two so close, once you added the PowerKit to the S?

Thanks,

I think what you are missing is that the power kit included SC and the sports exhaust which levels the price. I believe that PASM sport is an option on both that S and the GTS.

If I was ordering a 991 now I would order the S again. I too configured a GTS once it became available and my S with the Power Kit was about $900 more. Not being a fan of the CL wheels, alcantara, the tinted lights, my GTS would have looked pretty much like an S which would defeat the reasoning for purchasing the GTS in the first place. So the only main difference would be the wide body and I , and I'm sure I am in the minority here, actually prefer the narrow body. I was not interested in the power kit and same would hold true in the GTS. To me, the power kit is more of a track item and not as usable in regular daily application. So unless you are after the GTS bits... Its all personal preference.

Quick Reply: Is anyone buying non-GTS models anymore?