Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mexico Blue

Mexico Blue - wait till you see it !!!

Old 05-25-2015, 10:29 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
I'd disagree here, unless you are jumping in/out of the car at top speed this is not even remotely an issue. To each their own of course but the seat exit feature works great for me.
I disagree with you -- ESPECIALLY if you want to use the back seats.

My brother and I take my car to the bar with a girl in the back and that special feeling of pulling up in the front in a 911 goes away pretty damn fast when everyone is watching you maneuver the seats for 5 minutes to let the girl out...

Further, Being 5'10 185 in good shape I've found the 4-ways fit me perfectly. Perhaps if your body shape is outside the norm or you never use the rear seats the 18 ways would be worth it. Either way -- the 18 ways probably add weight, cost, and things to break. If I had configured my own car they would have been an absolute "no"
Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
My PTS GTS will be completed around the 2nd week of October. Delivery a week later.
I was told: The 991.2 will be arriving in the UK at the start of October and there will be a 3 month cross over period before the 991.1 is fazed out in December
I’m in the same boat - waiting for an October built PTS.
Just a bit concerned that as production may cease so soon afterwards, if there’s any slippage in production between now and then, the factory might sacrifice the PTS orders. Seemed to happen last year: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8434...l-my-16-a.html

But that’s not going to happen again. Oh no it won’t. Our cars will be delivered on time and they’ll be great.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the fact Porsche have given a build date with PTS is a good sign.. I was told second week of October for completion. I have not been chasing a date or info on my build, Porsche are surprisingly being pro active and sending me information.

Are you dealing with Hatfield?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you dealing with Hatfield?
Yes. All has gone very well so far and I am happy with Hatfield
Please tell me that they're nothing to with the 'Wheelgate' affair. Actually, if they are, just PM me.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:31 AM
BobPopular
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PASM, woah… after driving my 991s with PASM sport and PDCC..
At 1st the car seems like a boat, it sways and leans so much more than mine. Its 20 mm higher but it really move about a lot. But when I got used to it its a very easy car to drive fast. It did give good feedback and let me know when I was approaching my limits (not the cars)… But it is a very soft and compliant ride, even in sports mode. The car felt more skittish and twitchy on bumpy uneven UK roads.
Were you able to drive a car with PASM Sport, but not PDCC? If so, I'd be interested in your thoughts on how much of the swaying and leaning in the PASM car was due to the absence of PDCC vs. the absence of PASM Sport.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Originally Posted by BobPopular
Were you able to drive a car with PASM Sport, but not PDCC? If so, I'd be interested in your thoughts on how much of the swaying and leaning in the PASM car was due to the absence of PDCC vs. the absence of PASM Sport.
The PDCC makes a big big difference. A totally different feel to the car all the time. Whether in Normal, Sport or Sport +, the PDCC eliminates pretty much all role or lean in bends. It makes the car feel stiffer and the ride is firmer (just like a Porsche should feel, in my opinion).
In a straight line when the PDCC is not so much in affect the ride is great, I think it is smoother than PASM sport, which is possible, because the role bars can (non technical term) relax which fixed roll bars can't do. So you get the best of both worlds. Supple suspension on the straights and no lean when cornering. Ideal for the often bumpy British roads.

PDCC does take some time to get used too, I could not get a demonstrator with PDCC to try before I ordered my car. You do lose some of the natural feel (lean and roll) you are used to and get with any non PDCC car, so finding the car's cornering limits can be a bit harder.

Its an expensive option but worth it to me. I have it ordered on my next.

Hope this helps. I can elaborate more if needed. Just ask away.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

what lean and roll? I didnt notice anything of note lapping the ring last week ...
Old 06-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Mike DeFalco
Intermediate

Love a Mexico Blue 911, all the best with your car.
Here's a little ol' skool for you for now.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

AFIAK the only difference between PASM and PASM SPORT is that the latter has 10mm shorter springs, but the rates *may* be the same... so the ctr of gravity is lower *but* all else being equal the handling should be the same IMO
Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 PM
BobPopular
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
AFIAK the only difference between PASM and PASM SPORT is that the latter has 10mm shorter springs, but the rates *may* be the same... so the ctr of gravity is lower *but* all else being equal the handling should be the same IMO
Thanks, Larry.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Larry.
BTW I'm not 100% about the spring rates ... they could be different but I think apart from that everything else is the same -10mm
Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2016RS
Mexico Blue - wait till you see it !!!

+1

Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Random drive-by comment...

I love SPASM in my GTS.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Random drive-by comment...

I love SPASM in my GTS.
I wish it had been an option on the cabriolet, I would have ticked it in an instant

Quick Reply: PTS GTS.