Sponsored by:

Another license plate holder option

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another license plate holder option

Now that I've picked up my GTS coupe, I need to make some decisions on a variety of things, including a license plate holder that requires no drilling as I rather not drill into the SD bumper, including from below (takes Skene out). My car has front park assist, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this option:

http://www.dynamtechgroup.com/porsch...ate-holder.php

According to the description, this holder uses the front tow hook, but does not interfere with the parking sensor. Has anyone used this and does it work as promised? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Any good print shop will be able to convert your metal plate into an identical looking adhesive vinyl that will conform beautifully to your front end. Nothing else even comes close.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Any good print shop will be able to convert your metal plate into an identical looking adhesive vinyl that will conform beautifully to your front end. Nothing else even comes close.
show some pics of this!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

And would it be legal?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:16 AM
shandyman5
Advanced

You live in North Jersey.... do yourself a favor and don't put one on. It ruins the front of the car, and there is ZERO chance you will be given problems by any of our 5-oh, as long as your not doing anything stupid. It is no longer a primary offense in NJ.....
Old 04-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by shandyman5
You live in North Jersey.... do yourself a favor and don't put one on. It ruins the front of the car, and there is ZERO chance you will be given problems by any of our 5-oh, as long as your not doing anything stupid. It is no longer a primary offense in NJ.....
I agree. I lived in the Red Bank area for 6 years. Never put a front plate on any Porsche. Kept it in the frunk. Got stopped twice told them I was waiting for a new holder to arrive. The last 3 years nobody even paid attention.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I am very interested in your comment. Was it announced somewhere?

If you cruise around the NJ shore towns, the local police (many seasonal part timers) love to stop you for anything so they can justify their salary to their Chief. Traffic offenses are a major source of revenues for these towns.

If you are right, my Skene bracket stays in my trunk.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in central nj and so far no issues as well
Old 04-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Still restless
Instructor

This is big news! Thanks for this information as it would solve a thorny issue. I think I'll just keep the front plate in the car and show it if I need to. I might mount the plate on something anyway so it's more convincing if I use the "I'm about to attach it to the car" explanation.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:52 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck, does that adhesive vinyl absorb the WSP laser/radar? Show some pics please!! Thanks!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Highly illegal....plate belongs to the state and may not be tampered with or copied....it would be tantamount to counterfeiting.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried the Skene type bracket...it vibrates at high speed and you risk abrading your paint. Just attach the factory nose plate mount...I did and the plate took such a hit that if it wasn't there I'd have a big indent in my bumper cover.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Left
Highly illegal....plate belongs to the state and may not be tampered with or copied....it would be tantamount to counterfeiting.
Same thought here........I was thinking it was humour.

Quick Reply: Another license plate holder option