Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reassembled a car and 1 part is left unused. Where does it go to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:21 AM
redirect
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprangle
> Thanks, I have a terrible memory. I literally jumped from the this thread immediately to the one that had the photo in it and couldn't believe my eyes. Figured I should sign up and post my once-in-a-lifetime event, add back a little to the forum I've been reading from the side-lines.
Amazing, what a coincidence. It's pretty same as winning a lottery. Same odds
Old 08-20-2021, 02:24 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Reviving an old thread, does anyone know exactly where this trim covers goes with a picture if possible? The photos have gone from the link thread mentioned above. I found the part in a '14 Boxster S's glove compartment I just bought.

Thanks,

JF
Old 08-20-2021, 02:58 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,278 Posts

@viprklr 911Idiot's thread? If so, his post uses non-ssl links to pictures, which fail when converted to ssl. The pictures are actually there, your browser is likely just (correctly) accessing an invalid resource.

I believe the image in question is this:

above the text: "Under the large trim piece will be this B-2 Stealth Bomber plastic piece. Remove it by pulling on the clip shown by the yellow arrow and then slide it out away from the hinges shown by the red arrows."

edit - I've also gone ahead and moved the non-SSL hosted images to internal hosting in that thread, so the thread should now display images for everyone viewing it.

Last edited by asellus; 08-20-2021 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
r00t61 (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 04:08 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
@viprklr 911Idiot's thread? If so, his post uses non-ssl links to pictures, which fail when converted to ssl. The pictures are actually there, your browser is likely just (correctly) accessing an invalid resource.

I believe the image in question is this:

above the text: "Under the large trim piece will be this B-2 Stealth Bomber plastic piece. Remove it by pulling on the clip shown by the yellow arrow and then slide it out away from the hinges shown by the red arrows."

edit - I've also gone ahead and moved the non-SSL hosted images to internal hosting in that thread, so the thread should now display images for everyone viewing it.
Thanks very much, so this is under the dash driver's side?

TIA

Old 08-20-2021, 09:13 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,278 Posts

No, I believe it's above the rear view mirror. The diy thread says to remove the trim around the stalk (near the windshield?) then remove the "larger trim above it" which I assume is the larger piece against the headliner. Behind that is the plastic bit.

Quick Reply: Reassembled a car and 1 part is left unused. Where does it go to?