Sponsored by:

Passanger mirror-14 Carerra S

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passanger mirror-14 Carerra S

I was curious if the passenger Mirror is adjustable when you put it in reverse. I know that there is a setting that you could turn that feature off or on however I would like it on but it seems like the mirror's angle points down and looks at the ground and I would like to adjust it we could see more of the area.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,176 Likes on 708 Posts

It should be. 1) Turn feature on in PCM 2) Put car in Reverse, and adjust mirror to the angle you want 3) with car still in Reverse, save your settings. Throw the car in drive and you will see the mirror adjust to its "drive" position (this is not immediate - give it 10 - 15 seconds). Now when you put car in Reverse, mirror should move to how you set it. Note - you must keep the passenger mirror adjustment button on the door depressed in order for it to work. If the driver side mirror adjustment button is depressed, the passenger side mirror will not adjust when you move to reverse.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
It should be. 1) Turn feature on in PCM 2) Put car in Reverse, and adjust mirror to the angle you want 3) with car still in Reverse, save your settings. Throw the car in drive and you will see the mirror adjust to its "drive" position (this is not immediate - give it 10 - 15 seconds). Now when you put car in Reverse, mirror should move to how you set it. Note - you must keep the passenger mirror adjustment button on the door depressed in order for it to work. If the driver side mirror adjustment button is depressed, the passenger side mirror will not adjust when you move to reverse.
Yes I just did this and it works. Just make sure you adjust the mirror to your liking while in reverse. It will then save your settings.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:54 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Note - you must keep the passenger mirror adjustment button on the door depressed in order for it to work. If the driver side mirror adjustment button is depressed, the passenger side mirror will not adjust when you move to reverse.
as is the case in most cars with this feature, to save wear and tear on the tiny drop motor , as the only time you need it is for parallel parking which is something most 911 owners rarely need to do , since these are generally not urban constant errand-running cars or parked all the time or overnight only on crowded streets
Old 03-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You know my 13 C2 does not seem to have this feature? Am I missing something?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:45 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Left
You know my 13 C2 does not seem to have this feature? Am I missing something?
You may need the power sport seat package to have this feature. That was the case in the 997.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:51 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
as is the case in most cars with this feature, to save wear and tear on the tiny drop motor , as the only time you need it is for parallel parking which is something most 911 owners rarely need to do , since these are generally not urban constant errand-running cars or parked all the time or overnight only on crowded streets
I do this at least twice a day
Old 03-31-2015, 12:51 AM
PDX991
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
I do this at least twice a day
I do too. School pickup and drop off. And it's great using my 991 as a daily.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 AM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
You may need the power sport seat package to have this feature. That was the case in the 997.
Thanks. Did not know that.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:33 AM
recondo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Left
Thanks. Did not know that.
Good info here...was just going to open the manual but no longer needed! :-)
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
You should try backing out of my garage without it. I have a curve in the driveway 10' front the door.

Quick Reply: Passanger mirror-14 Carerra S