Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS @ Buttonwillow Raceway C13

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I would love to know if the lap time would be much different with the aero cup kit.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by gbree
I would love to know if the lap time would be much different with the aero cup kit.
I drove a friends C4S PDK a few months ago. Did 2 laps just showing him the track and ran a 2:00:02 without really really pushing it. First time driving a 911 in a long time too but has pdk and awd vs my manual rwd GTS
Old 04-01-2015, 02:20 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Every group runs its own events in their own way. I spent years with the Alfa Romeo club events. On a track like Willow Springs or Riverside Int. Raceway or Leguna Secca or Button Willow, a car would not be allowed on the track without a full tech inspection, without competition harnesses, and a well secured fire bottle. The driver would be required to wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, gloves, socks and shoes...all non-flammable clothing. Their DE or school events would use tracks like Streets of Willow and not require the comp harness or fire bottle, but all else would be the same. The DE schools (usually two day events) involved class room sessions, skid pad sessions and track sessions. To go on the track a car must be emptied of all object that could come loose...from the truck, the interior, the glove box, door side pockets. The club also holds full out wheel to wheel racing and it is open to all marques. Their approach is both serious and fun. It is guided by a national organization competition code.

Quick Reply: GTS @ Buttonwillow Raceway C13